• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character Yoshida Kumori

Kylen Phylar

Inactive Member
Name: Kumori Yoshida

General Information

Species: Yamatai

Family / Creators: Mother: Chika
Father: N/A

Employer: Geshrin Grinders
Current Assignment: North East Kyoto

Physical Characteristics

Height: 5'9 (1.74 meter)
Weight: 130 lbs (58.9 kg.)
Measurements:
Bra Size:

Build and Skin Colour: Lean build, but strong. Tanned.
Facial Features and Eye Colour: Orange Eyes, cleanish shaven (only shaves every so often)
Hair Colour and Style: Silver hair, in long punk style

Distinguishing Features: Curled up dragon on right arm, with the Japanese kanji for "Ride and Live" around it

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
Very strong willed, and brash at times, Kumori hides a heart of gold under his Tough Guy exterior, and for a good reason, having been dumped several times (he says 4, but it amounts to about 6)

Dislikes: The cops, the army, and the girls who dumped him
Goals: To become a major undergroud leader, and hopefully make his group large enough to go around the planet racing others

History

A while back, Kumori was doing odd jobs for a small couriour group. During one run on Neplesia, he saw his first AirBike race. Having some cash left over, he got a decent bike, and smuggled it back to Yamatai. He has currently done this 4 total times, so that he can start up a small street racing group in North Eastern Kyoto.

Skills

Vehicles: He has been practicing for the past half of a year on his AirBike, mainly at night when there is little traffic, or out in the wilderness (or desert or such). He has learned the best way to push his Bike to the limits, and knows it's weaknesses and strengths inside out

Engineering: His bike has taken some major bumps and thumps, so he had to learn how to fix it himself. In the process, he has learned how to upgrade it, and always awaits the newest parts.

Entertainment: He has been practicing his Ring Master act, and is hoping to not only draw racers, but crowds. He knows that if he isn't racing, he has to put on a good show

Rouge: In his riding around, Kumori has had to learn how to dodge the cops, and learn their radio calls. This makes it hard for the police to catch him racing around.

Communications: He has mounted a radio to his bike, so that he can communicate with other racers, and watch out for the police.

:

:

OOC Notes

This is my first Truely Freelancer. I will list which bike he got, it's mods, and maybe put up an NPC for it soon.

Is this a work in progress? Do you want us to comment on it? I'm asking because you left 2 skill slots blank.

I'm worried about the feasibility of smuggling motorbikes into Yamatai. PANTHEON has the whole place locked down tighter than Fort Knox. What do you think, Wes?

Gah ... part of this is my fault.

Yamatai citizens, when I came up with the airbike races for Nepleslia, liked gambling on the Ion Thruster division, as that was the one where actual Yamataian citizens were sponsored to race in, and it had more of an intergalactic appeal than the smaller Electric classes. I never sought an answer as to whether Yamataian citizens actually used airbikes to get around, which could have promoted "gangs" at some point.

Wes, do you have an opinion on this one, or should I help Kylen here come up with something else?

Well, as long as he's not in the city, and isn't polluting, I don't think anyone on Yamatai would mind him having an airbike.

Your history needs a lot of work.

This is not to say that you need a complex and extended history - in fact little could be worse. Just a simple summary of his background and how he got to the situtation the RP finds him in.

A simple guide to this is that:

1, Don't make him an orphan - Cliche.
2, Although interesting things can happen around him, don't make him a heroic participant.

Point 2 effectively means that you shouldn't include in your history anything which should really be RPed out, don't make your character too 'special' in nature or history - that comes out through RP, not through history.

Also, with a few alterations he could be eligable for the pirate plot. Or at least one of them.

Dude...he's not an orphan. I just suck with parent names. 2. I'm still fairly new to this set up of having nearly every single detail, down two the size of his jeans written down for scruiteny (sp?). 3. I've already given up on him.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back