• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Celia [YSS Celia, Ohara] Scenes Aboard a Ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Nei was on a boarding party with nei's last crew. We incountered Nekos on a ship in SMX space and combat ensued. Nei was the target of some thing that exploded into a bright, bright white. Then nei saw only black."

The Fenyaro muttered while keeping her eyes open.

Ryoko put a hand on Nei's shoulder in a friendly fashion, more to comfort her than anything else. "You poor thing, that's horrible, why would nekos do that?" she wondered aloud. She sighed and took a seat nearby to watch to see if they could help her new friend, whether Nei knew it or not. She watched the fenyaro for a bit while Meemel researched the species data.

"Hmm," murmured Abriel. "Lie down, please, Santô Juni." After Nei had lied down on the examination table, Abriel pulled out a medical scanner from underneath the table, and adjusted a mechanical arm so that it held the scanner over Nei's eyes. Abriel must have touched some unseen button on the scanner, as the scanner's indicator lights came on.

"I've retrieved the data, ma'am," said Meemeel.

"Let me see," replied Abriel, who went over to the computer terminal and gestured for Meemeel to get up. As soon as Meemeel stood up, Abriel sat down in front of the computer terminal, and pulled up the output of the scanner as well as the scan of a pair of normal Fenyaro eyes for comparison.

"Hmm. The corneas are burned and are barely attached, and the aqueous humors are pretty much gone. Both sets of lenses and the irises are badly burned. Vitreous humors are milky. There is extensive damage to the retinas as well... I believe the optic nerves were the only things that weren't damaged." Abriel said calmly.

"Oh dear," murmured Meemeel.

"I see two treatment options for you, Santô Juni," said Abriel. "One is to use nanites attempt to repair your damaged eyes. It will be a bit tricky, since Fenyaro physiology is slightly different from human physiology. So, your vision might not be fully restored immediately after the treatment, but I expect your vision to return fully in a matter of months, if not weeks, with additional nanites treatments. Option two is to replace your damaged eyes with Neko eyes. I can create a pair in my lab in a few hours. Your vision will be fully restored after the treatment, but I'll have to give you some drugs to prevent your body from rejecting the new eyes. The drugs will have some temporary and minor side effects, mostly sleepiness and irritability. After about a week, the Neko eyes will adapt themselves to your immune system, and the drug treatment can stop. Anyway... I leave the choice up to you."

Henry blinked, and the world came into focus.

He could faintly hear the sound of running water, coming from his private restroom.

Groggily, Henry stood up, and walked over to the restroom's door. The sound of water intensified as he pushed the door open.

"Shina?"

"I'm in the shower, Henry."

Faintly, Henry could make out flashes of the color of flesh behind the opaque shower doors. It took some amount of his willpower not to strip off his clothes and jump into the shower with her.

"Okay. I'm... uh... I'm just going to brush my teeth," he replied.

Henry picked up his toothbrush and stared at it. He found it hard to concentrate. He stared at the shower door, and at the toothbrush again.

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

"Um... Shina? I'll be in the communal washroom, okay?"

"Whatever floats your doodle, Henry."

"It's precisely my doodle that I'm worried about," Henry muttered to himself as he picked up his toiletries, slung a towel over his shoulder, and left the restroom.

The officers' washroom, reserved for the lower-ranking officers who might not have their own private restrooms, was only a minute's walk down the corridor. After he entered, Henry headed straight for one of the sinks, bypassing a large communal bathtub on the way.

"Morning, Liam. Morning, Sakai."

"... Morning, sir," replied the Nepleslian and the Neko soaking in the bathtub.

Henry stopped in his tracks. A small voice on the back of his mind told him that his peripheral vision had just seen something interesting.

"This is a communal bathtub... Why are you guys naked?"

Liam was as red as a beet, and remained silent. Sakai giggled as she ducked behind Liam, leaving splashes of water and ripples in her wake. "No one usually comes here at this hour, sir," she said.

"Oh. This... this is awkward," commented Henry. "... I'll go brush my teeth now."

A few moments later, Henry was walking out of the communal washroom, carrying his toiletries and wiping his face with his towel.

"We never saw each other," he said to Liam and Sakai as he left.

"Roger that, sir," shouted Sakai, snuggling up to Liam.

((OOC: With apologies to Mr. Robert Frost. :) ))

He walked down the hall calmly. This was routine procedures he was witnessing. Though he seemed his head was not completely into much lately. Luckily he was starting to act more like himself, he'd been having nightmares of that day his parents died. He would wake up in a cold sweat kicking and swinging at the air, trying to harm those who harmed his parents. He stepped through the hissing doors, and as per his usual tone, he spoke in that militaristic snap to attention style.

"Motoyama Kaori, reporting for Bridge Duty as needed."

He snapped a salute and awaited further orders.

(man it feels good to be back @_@)

In the medical bay...

"All done," said Abriel. Nei had decided to go with the nanites option, and Abriel had just finished the first round of surgical treatments, after many hours. She looked down at the anesthetized Kohanian. "Rest well, Santô Juni. I'll have Meemeel bring some blankets for you."

Meanwhile, on the bridge...

"You're up early, Taii Kaori," said Henry as he walked onto the bridge after Motoyama. "Take your station."

"Taisho on the bridge," said Celia, standing next to the captain's chair. The crewmembers sitting at their stations on the bridge all stood up like clockwork.

Henry looked around. He could see Celia, Sakai, Motoyama, Kioko, Shina, and Kaya, at their respective stations. The two pilots had taken up positions inside the pilot dome as well.

"Taii Kamitaka has plotted a course to the Essia system, sir, per your instructions," said Celia.

"Good," replied Henry, sitting down on the captain's chair. "Alert the rest of the battlegroup, and engage the hyperspace drive when ready."

Within seconds, the Celia battlegroup, which had been orbiting the main planet of the Ohara system, blinked out of existence, only to reappear seconds later, in the outer fringes of the Essia system.

((OOC: current status and locations of player characters:

(in order of rank)
Henry – On Duty on the Bridge
Motoyama – On Duty on the Bridge
Ryoko – Off Duty, Sleeping in the Medical Bay (she fell asleep during Nei's surgery)
Mazda – Off Duty, Sleeping in His Quarters
Drake – Off Duty, Sleeping in His Quarters

See everyone at the next thread. You guys know the drill. :)))

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back