• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Mikomi [YSS Mikomi] Mission 1: Battle for Tami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sypher

Inactive Member
(OOC: This has been edited by Rei.)

Kestral spun round in his seat. "Ok people, let's get this show on the road. All ready?" Kestral asked, He felt suddenly good and believed in his team.

"Sure thing, captain!" Tom replied happily at his station. This. Was. Going. To. Be. Awesome.

Ghi gasped, filling her new lungs with air, "AI, can you get me some clothes?"
"A uniform?" the MEGAMI asked quietly.
"That would be great." She covered herself, even though there was no one to see.

Saeki sat in her seat at the bridge, staring down at her control panel with cold, hard eyes, seeming to be in very deep concentration.

A dismembered shiny blue arm reached out of the air in front of the woman, holding a new set of stockings and a uniform bodysuit for her. "How does it feel?" the arm asked Ghi, checking on her new body.
"Wonderful, thank you. I feel right in my skin." She smiled as she put on the clothes.

Saeki relaxed just a little bit, finally, sitting back some in her chair. She continued to glare down at her console though, ready for anything the universe could throw at her...

Suzi appeared where her arm had been and walked down to the pilot's chair. "Lori is doing last minute checks, I'll replace her until she arrives. Are we ready to depart?" Suzi asked in a polite manner. "Thank you Suzi. Please can we depart? Everyone ok?" Kestral asked as he looked around at the crew.

"Never been better, captain! Ready to kick some SMX ass!" Not that SMX had asses to begin with, but whatever. If there was something to kick, Tom'd sure as hell have a stab at it.

"Right then. Suzi take us away." Kestral called over. She was sitting in her seat and prepping the control's getting ready to take of.

"Yes sir," the system answered, activating the combined field's continuum distortion system and sending the ship on its way.
Ghi finished getting dressed. "Medbay ready Captain." She communicated. She enjoyed the deeper rumbling of her voice.

Saeki removed her sidearm from its holster, angling it in her hands so that she could examine the magazine capacity. Idly she slid the magazine out, then slid it back in with a sharp click.

Suzi pulled away, she liked flying the ship. It was fun. "Going in to hyperspace now." Suzi flicked the switch for the hyper spacial fold drive.

"Here we go." Kestral called out. Everything outside went all distorted this was only the third time he had gone into hyper space.

The symphony of lights cascading and distorting across his field of vision nearly made Tom's eyes water. A glorious and beautiful sight, and exciting.

Ghi felt the transaction, even though she was inside a room with no windows, but ignored it. She was still so happy about this new body, currently trying out here new senses, as acute as a cats.

Saeki simply ignored it. She wasn't interested in such things when her duty mode was activated.

Eve had caught the slight jolt, and with a lump in her throat stepped out of the cabin towards the bridge, assuming she might receive a briefing or orders. Her M3 would have to wait; she had to report in first.

It took only seconds and they came out of hyper space. "That was quick." Kestral thought. "Right then, we are here. Let's get ready to meet the fleet. All arms ready? Let battle begin." Kestral stood up and moved towards the front screen. That was when he saw it. There were lots of ships in front of and surrounding Tami. "There they are."

Suzi maneuvered the ship so that they where heading for the other Star Army ships. "We will be among the rest of the fleet shortly." Suzi called out.

"Whoa. That's a lot of ships. Makes me wonder what we're up against...â€

(OOC: Edited once again by Rei.)

Kestral looked around, apart from seeing blue, he could make out his crew. "Ok people. What should the next step be. Suggestions?" Kestral carried on, looking around.

"Escape and evasion." Lori said simply. "We've covered one part; we should work on the other."

"Don't die." Ghi broadcasted, "That's always good advice."

"I say we should see if we can contact any friendly units..." Saeki said, her arm still bothering her quite a bit.

"Securing passage to the 2nd Fleet, sir." Eve piped up over the radio. She was still trying to connect her AIES to the command system to update their information and receive orders, and was switching between command frequencies trying to locate the proper line to command.

"I say we should see if we can contact any friendly units..." Saeki said, her arm still bothering her quite a bit.

"I think we should check the ship for any remaining supplies, shuttles, medical goods etc., survival kits if needed." Ghi broadcasted.

"All perfectly workable suggestions." The XO concluded.

"Ok, we have mixed views here. Evasion is one. Getting contact with 2nd fleet is another. I suggest contact with 2nd fleet. That will get us back in the air." Kestral noticed that there where only seven of the eight crew, then remembered seeing Belgar lying in the corridor. That's one man down.

"That'd be about the idea, Captain. We should get started, eh?" encouraged Lori.

"Sure. Who's going to initiate contact? Oh, and can't the Mishhu intercept signals sir?" Ghi asked.

"I could attempt to contact a ship via laser, sir. If interception is a problem, a shuttle could get the PHALANX's in orbit?" Eve added, checking her TTS. Saeki remained silent, relaxing for the moment within her power armor, sighing quietly. The last few hours had passed in a blur...just a short time ago they were all congregating in the rec. room..

"I think it's a possibility. At the least we could get high enough to reduce the possibility of a laser shot getting intercepted." Nyton added, still looking around warily.

"Ok we are going to split. Eve, Tom and Nyton try and get in contact with the 2nd fleet. Be careful and watch out, any trouble get back down here. The rest of us will get back to the ship, try and get these shuttles ready, and look for any equipment that may be needed. As Lori said, we need to get this underway now." Kestral began moving off towards shore. He was starting to get used to the suit.

Lori started heading off towards the ship. "Let's go, then."

"Affirmed." Ghi radioed happily, and propelled herself out of the water, floating above the ground, and towards the ship.

"Yes sir. We'll try using the spot laser communication first." Nyton saluted and motioned to Tom and Eve. "Yamazaki, Freeman. Let's go."

"Yes, Sergeant." Eve blipped over the comm, paying special attention to targeting. She followed the PHALANX, hoping their plan would work. "I wouldn't be surprised if we found more Mindy's in orbit. Maybe they have the AIES stream ident." she thought to herself.

The ship seemed to be surrounded by a trio of Mindy power armors, who were apparently defending it now. "Be sure to give us an ETA when you think you'll have a shuttle ready. If there are any." Nyton radioed back as he cautiously headed up to the surface. Kestral pulled out of the water and moved towards the ship.

"What the hell?" Kestral thought, seeing the armors. "Identify yourself." Kestral called out. He wasn't to sure what to say, as he was slightly shocked about seeing more people. Saeki simply followed the captain down towards the ship, still moving rather awkwardly in her power armor.

Ghi prepared herself for anything. With dominating tentacle-beasties who knew what was going to happen? She just wanted to get some medical equipment from the med-lab.
"These Mindy armors," Mikomi's voice answered over the radio, "are mine."

"We're clear on in, let's keep moving." Lori added.

"Good for you MEGAMI-san." Ghi radioed, before beginning to head towards the Mikomi and to the med-bay.

"Suzi? It's us. We are going to take the shuttles and get back into orbit." Kestral called. "We also need some supplies." Kestral stopped suddenly, and grabbed Ghi's arm.
"Something isn't right." Kestral though. "Suzi, you going to let us in?" Saeki whimpered and looked around, feeling a bit scared. Could it still be full of those vile Mishhu creatures? Ghi growled at her captain, luckily with the radio off, she did not like being restrained. There did not seem to be anything wrong with the Mindy's.

"Stay sharp. Never know where one of those buggers might stealth up on you." Nyton said to the other two as he scanned his sensors above him to ensure there was nothing before surfacing.

"QWD engaged sergeant. We'll see them coming." Yamazaki transmitted, breaking free of the water and slicing into the sky after her NCOIC.

"Roger that." Nyton pushed his sensors to try and detect any friendly signals that may be in range just outside of the atmosphere. "Maybe there's a Mindy pursuing something or even a crashing ship we can bounce a signal off of." With the PHALANX's sensors pushed to their limits Nyton tried to narrow down any kind of friendly YSE signal that he could send a focused laser communication beam distress signal. "With any luck our signal won't get blocked by space debris, get intercepted, or hit a ship that's been taken over by the SMX." he said.

Saeki followed the captain still, weaponless, rather scared. With her wounded arm she was almost worse than useless. "Something wrong, Captain?" Lori asked.

"Mikomi seems different." Kestral replied.

"Sure she does, she crashed. Trauma." Ghi radioed. She didn't know if it applied to MEGAMI, but it was her two cents.

The Mikomi's MEGAMI system noted, "I am focusing on repairs of essential systems first. The ship should be mobile again in about six hours, though it will take up to seventy-two hours to complete systems repairs. The resources of this planet help, as they give me something to work with, although any Zesuaium components will have to be replaced with Xintium because I cannot synthesize it. I have created six sprites to be my hands and to help provide security during the repair process. Internal repairs will come later, so your bridge will be a mess for the next few days. The monitor room, however, is designed to allow a person to control all aspects of the ship and you may use that instead of the bridge if you prefer."

"Ship seems on the level, Captain." The XO assured.

Kestral sighed. "You scared me, I though you had gone crazy." Kestral laughed to himself. "Alright people, sorry about that. Move in. Go where you need to go." Kestral walked forward towards the ship.

"We can wait a few hours can't we?" Ghi asked the captain, making her way to the med-bay.

"Lori, what do you suggest? We will see what the others pick up. Then we will decide."
Kestral stepped in the ship. He wasn't to sure where he was going to go, but decided to go to the bridge.

"We can wait a few hours can't we?" Ghi asked the captain, making her way to the med-bay.

"Ah, captain? Where do you want me?" Saeki asked, following close behind the captain like a little lost puppy still.

"Ah, Saeki. Errrrrr.... just stick with me.â€

Candide engaged the thrusters, trying to stay out of the way of the numerous beams that seemed to be everywhere, this was his first time in an actual battle situation, the adrenaline was coursing through his body as he shot at an enemy ship. "Why have the orders stopped coming from the ship?"Candide had been hit by one of the beams. The diagnostic had said that the damage wasn't severe, but he was more concerned with the lack of communication with the main ship. Turning the visual field towards where the ship was he could see that it was very badly damaged, the enemy was hitting it relentlessly. After a moment Candide realised he had been too still, he couldn't forget where he was he had to find out what to do now. Almost instantly his entire visual field had become a flash of light as the ship burst into a huge wave of fire. "Oh...shit...what...do I do now?" Candide asked himself. Candide remembered thumbing through the training manual, it said that in the event that the ship one was stationed at was destroyed that he would have to head to another ship and receive orders

A flash of light came out of nowhere, hitting Candide in the chest, knocking him unconscious. As a result Candide was sent flying to wards Tami, and began to plummet down to earth.

"Ok people. It's getting dark and we need to keep alert. Saeki come with me. Nyton you go with Eve. Me and Saeki will have a look at that signal Eve." Kestral walked over to Saeki; "You ok to go?"

Saeki nodded and stood up slowly, whimpering a little bit. She still hurt despite the work of the ship's medic. She had a little difficulty moving, but not much... "Yes sir. I'm fine."

Kestral moved over to Saeki, "We are going to find out what this thing is, so load up and be ready." Kestral turned round to the rest of the crew. "I want you all inside. Lori you're in charge. Move out people." Kestral pulled up his rifle to waist height, and moved forward towards the starboard wing where Eve had said she had got movement. "Saeki let's go."

"Yes sir." Saeki said, following him and raising her rifle to a firing position. The adrenaline of before was wearing off and she felt tired and hungry...no rest for the weary, it seemed. Saeki followed close to her leader, whimpering quietly, fear creeping slowly up her Neko spine...

Candide could hear loud buzzers, the sounds of machines panicking, distant at first but then he finally regained awareness and saw that he had been plummeting down to the planet's surface, luckily the suit had engaged what re-entry mechanisms it had so the PHALANX did not break apart. He quickly tried to focus the visual field and saw that some of the creatures that he had been fighting in space were following him down the planet's surface. When the computer had determined that the landing would be in moderately deep water Candide engaged the landing thrusters. The wound in the suit's chest left him very vulnerable, he saw the tentacle creatures descend and open fire at him. "Damn you! Die!" Candide muttered to himself as he aimed and shot at the closest of the Mishu.

Kestral jumped, he could hear gunfire, that must mean there is someone from their side. "Saeki come on quick." Kestral ran round the ship to see a PHALANX armour firing at three Mishu. "Saeki let's get involved." Kestral flew into the air at top speed pulling his rifle up into his shoulder. "Soldier, identify yourself." Kestral sent a message. "Saeki fire at will." Kestral pulled the trigger aiming at the Mishu creatures.

Saeki surged forwards and shouldered her rifle as well, snapping off shots at the nearest Mishu. She felt the suit shudder and thump as the massive rifle recoiled against her, lobbing blasts at the foul alien. "Come get some!"

The Mishu creature returned their fire, wielding three guns of a sort in their long tentacles. They where splitting of so that they had one Mindy Armour to themselves. One of the creature shuddered as it got hit by Candide's shot, the other two where still far away and weren't hitting with their shots.

Candide was surprised to see the Mishu creatures being blasted by someone else. "Soldier Identify yourself.â€

Kestral stepped into the Mikomi. It was getting really dark now, and Nyton and Eve where still away. Kestral moved to his room and sat down on his bed. He wasn't sure what to think about. There where a lot of injury's now, but luckily not to many death's.

"Chui Kestral Bowman. There is a message for you." Suzi called out appearing next to him. Kestral sat up straight away, slightly shocked. "Yes Suzi what is it?" Kestral stood up next to her, a window appeared in mid air. Suddenly the screen came to life. There was a man staring at Kestral. "Chui Kestral Bowman, this is Taii Kenkoro Matui. We have hit the ground near you and have information that needs to get into your hands." Kestral looked at the screen for a few more minutes and then it finished with a flash of light. The man had given the co-ordinates to the ship, and Kestral knew he had to go.

He walked to the entrance where all the crew where still positioned, and pulled Ghi aside. "We have to find this ship, I will explain more to you later but we need to leave now. Gather all your equipment and let's leave."

This process took them a matter of minutes, they got all their weapons and ammo, and some supplies, including two torches. Kestral walked over to Lori. "Ghi and I have to go on a small mission, we will be back in the next couple of hours hopefully. You are in charge and have complete rule of the ship, if you see fit to leave, go." Kestral turned to the rest of the crew and said the same to them.

Kestral turned after that and began walking in the direction of where they had to go, he had no idea what would meet them there, or what they even had to get. "Ghi be prepared for anything, and have your rifle ready at all times, I don't now what's out here. Don't worry we will be back soon."

Meanwhile, Tom nursed his injury, tenderly walking around the ship. Ghi had left with Kestral, so it was kind of lonely. Not to mention the fact that those crazy tentacle things were running around all over the place, even if the ship had been secured, Tami was a big planet. But still, there was reason to be optimistic. He had a gun. If he knew anything about anything, guns sure killed things when you shot them. "Ow... still a little tender." He remarked aloud. Saeki lay prostrate on the deck floor, resting for a moment as her arm gave her all hell. She didn't understand, the medic said it should've healed by now. Her vision momentarily swam and she relaxed, mewling softly.

Candide ran a system diagnostic on his power armor, it came out that it would not be able to handle another battle with the damage to the chest part of the armor, he would need some repairs done, or a replacement. He sighed to himself as he stood at attention, awaiting the superior soldier's orders.

As Tom turned the corner out of the sick bay and headed back toward the deck, he couldn't help but notice the prone person lying on the floor. Wow. She looks rough. Is she ok? Tom approached Saeki. "Um... hey there. How's it hanging? You ok?"

As Nyton advanced cautiously, tactical drones flying in first, he continued to look over the scanners for any signs of life, friendly or hostile. "Is this settlement registered? Suzi, do you think you could pull up any maps for settlements on this planet and download them to our systems?" he asked, radioing back to the Mikomi. Eve was slightly to the right of, and behind Sergeant Claymere. Keeping her ACS engaged , and paying special attention to her sensors. The local star had already set on the horizon, and they were removed about five kilometers from the Mikomi already.

The Megami system replied, "Of course," and sent the overhead maps with topographical overlays to Nyton.

"Thank you Suzi." Nyton replied, and linked up the maps to Yamazaki's Armor to share the info. "Alright from the looks of things we're coming in from the west of the settlement." he radioed to Eve. Nyton checked the name of the settlement and noted it's size, density, depth, and population. "We should be seeing it in another few kilometers. That girl definitely managed to clear some distance."

"It would seem that way, sergeant." Yamazaki squawked back. "I wonder which direction the SMX came from?" she thought aloud, examining the map. Coming in quiet would be the best, if there were few enough SMX she hoped they could help anyone left alive, if not, at least destroy any remnant of the invaders before departing system.

"If there's survivors and a low enemy presence then we'll have to see about attempting a rescue. Perhaps when the Mikomi is flight worthy it can provide air cover." Nyton said. "But that's all speculation now. For now heads up, we're going to reach the outer edges soon."

"Copy." Eve replied, checking that her PCS was still nominal. Finding nothing in error, she stalked as quietly as she could after her NCOIC.

Back on the Mikomi, Saeki looked up at Tom and smiled a little through the pain...it felt like her shoulder was on fire. Slowly she sat up, supporting herself on her good arm, biting her lip before speaking "Y-yeah...I'll be fine. You?"

"I'm a bit sore on the leg, but I'll live." The engineer plopped down next to her with a sigh. "I'm sure you agree with me that being shot sucks. Pretty badly. Better not to worry about it though. What's up?"
"Nothing...ugh...I think I passed out earlier." Saeki rested on him slightly, using his body for some support. She was exhausted, the ebb and flow of adrenaline had taken its toll on her poor body. "Heard any news?"

"Nothing new. We're a bit split up at the moment now, though. I guess we're part of the injured click." Tom said with a smile. "You look exhausted... you should get some rest as soon as possible... we don't know when we'll be needing to run around again."

**A scant few minutes later**

The town was barren, its streets empty of activity, doors and windows boarded up, people's dinners sitting left out on cafe tables, a gun or two scattered in the street, and blood stains every few meters. As the soldiers entered, they had no resistance nor welcome. Near the center of the town, the burnt shell of a Mishhu power armor leaned up against a wooden gazebo, it's pilot nowhere to be found.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
To be continued...

Do you think they were dragged somewhere, Sergeant?" Eve asked over her secure radio link to Claymere. She was no forensic expert, but there weren't any bodies around to speak of, save for the remnants of a pod. Nyton quickly took cover behind a building. He motioned for Eve to duck behind the one adjacent to his and watch the north.

"Yamazaki, split up. Bear north. Try to locate the survivors if any. Do not engage the Misshu. If they were dragged anywhere then they're likely being guarded. Let's get some recon done so we can plan our next move."

"Yes sergeant. Deploying drones now." Yamazaki copied, un-camouflauging for a moment to release her two drones. She started moving East, in an off skelter path from her drones, down an empty street.

"Frrssssshhh," something fuzzily said over the radio. The amount of interference the armors were getting seemed to be steadily increasing, the source of it unknown. There were no signs of live Mishhuvurthyar around, but it wasn't hard to see signs they'd been around. One of the drones found a pod, probably an escort for the Mishhu power armor by the well.

"How could I sleep at a time like this?" Saeki said quietly, cuddling up to Tom and sighing softly. She was tired, cold, hungry, and scared. Her bubbly personality had popped it seemed, revealing the bare bones of her personality.

Candide looked blankly at his superior officer, she had been working intensely on a datapad, completely ignoring his arrival as trivial. Taking off his helmet he scratched the back of his head. "What kind of joke is this?" Candide asked himself, wondering if the officer was being non-responsive just to mock him.

In general, cuddling wasn't much of a manly thing to do... that was, unless you were cuddling with an attractive young lady. Ghi, now Saeki... Tom was beginning to wonder if he had a fetish for cats. Aside from the constant threat of getting blasted into chowder, this was a good trip. "Well... you should at least try. We don't know when we'll have this kind of down time. Shall I sing you a song?"

"Sure." Saeki was getting awfully close to Tom, a product of the lack of her Neko inhibitions it seemed. She always did like cuddling, even though she had few opportunities to do it. Her eyes closed slowly and she let out a quiet purr, seeming to doze.

Nyton did the same and deployed his own Tac. Drones. He headed southeast. With his SIAR and shield at the ready Nyton carefully observed everything before he advanced. The interference had to be generated from somewhere. He kept one drone specifically to watch his sixth while the other two watched the fore and flank. "Computer, can you pinpoint the strongest emanation of the interference or determine what kind of jamming signal is being sent?"

Eve slowly eased her drone down onto the ground, and jumped as quietly as she could onto the wall of the building, making her armor parallel to the street. "Sergeant, one pod of unknown condition spotted. No other Mishhu detected. Permission to investigate and/or engage?" Eve asked through the static.

"Sssdsdsdd," the computer replied, too staticky to make out. Then, after a moment. "It seems likely there are Mishhu jamming devices. I can increase my signal strength to reach you, but you may not be able to reach me back." The pod Eve found seemed dead at first, but as she approached, it slowly turned to face her drone.

"Negative. If its live do not engage. Determine it's status first. Go around if its manned. Disable it only if its still functional and unmanned." Nyton replied, the static having become increasingly worse. He also made sure nothing was trying to get at him from below or above. "Lousy stealthing bastards. Never can tell if they're around you."

"Akkfsssss..live dertemishhhh...go...sffssss..manned.sssfssss..if-ssffssss..unmaffssss." the radio squwaked back at Eve. She exhaled heavily, and decided to follow her standing orders. She made her way to the roof and headed south, before returning in an east direction, hoping the pod would not become interested in the drone she left lying on the ground. Going back to kill it might alert any other Mishhu in the area.

Tom smiled as he let his mind wander, remembering a Raltean nursery rhyme that his mother sang to him when he was a small boy. He cast a glance at the girl as he sang, his voice carrying softly, calmly, like a light breeze on the snow-covered fields of his home. He hadn't sung in a while, but found himself comfortably doing so, as he used to sing as part of his performances in the Ralt Ice Theater.

Saeki was out like a light, nuzzled against Tom, her breathing slowly becoming measured and even. She quickly entered REM sleep, her eyes darting about behind those closed lids. Low purrs escaped her lips and she shifted a bit, getting comfortable in her sleep.

"Is...she ok?" Candide asked the man next to her. He walked closer to her, looking at her wound. "Sir, um, the Lieutenant seems occupied, is there something I can do in the meantime?"

As Tom finished, he noticed someone new talking to him. He took a quick glance at the newcomer's rank patch. "No need to call me sir, buddy. I'm the same rank as you!" He grinned, wanting to extend his hand, but he had to keep it to the floor to remain sitting so that he could support Saeki. "Pleased to meet you. I'm Tom Freeman, the ship's engineer, of whatever's left of the ship, that is." He sighed. "I'd offer you a shot of liquor, but my duffle bag is in the other room and we can't drink on duty I think. Kinda sucks." All this time, the girl just sat there in view, staring at the four in the shuttle bay.

"Oh, Saeki? She's just fine... just a bit tuckered out. She got hit in the arm. I got shot in the leg."
A slight chill came over Seki, as invisible tentacles began slightly depositing something slimy on the floor behind her...the things were small, shiny, resembling a cockroach crossed with a leech. They squirmed silently and began to crawl up the sleeping Neko's legs, feeling pleasant, like warm, soft finger touches. The little girl the team had found earlier, was also a target of the disgusting creatures, which crawled up onto her resting body...

Candide sighed with relief. "That's great Sir...I mean Tom, my name's Candide, Candide Neka. I'm into some engineering as well, but I chose to be an armor pilot since I lacked the funds for engineering school. Damn, I'm gonna have to try to fix this suit, it's not gonna last long as it is..." Candide finished, looking at his battered armor.

"Engineering school's overrated. You just have to get your hands on things and they'll work out." Tom kept looking at the girl as she stared at them. Tom was about to say something before she spoke, in a quiet voice, "I'm thirsty..."

Saeki let out a louder purr and smiled in her sleep as those warm fingertips danced up her legs, a feeling of contentment and complacency washing over her body and mind as she slept. The two other soldiers were no longer paying much attention to notice the small creatures. To her the conflict was a million miles away, she was asleep and someone was massaging her legs...

"Hey, Candide, can you grab the kid some water? I'm kinda stuck here..." Tom said helplessly.

Candide stared blankly for a second before snapping back. "Oh! yes sir, I'll look for some!" Candide said turning around and looking for some water to bring back.

Having evaded the lone pod, Eve had yet to find any normal life in the area. Returning to the street, she continued following the path, looking for any signs of where the inhabitants could have gone. It was already dark, and her suit's imagining array was already operating in several spectrums. The one drone she didn't have to leave was cautiously peering around the corners of any significant structure in the area. The solider double-checked her sensors, and continued on.

"Yamazaki, what is your status?" Nyton asked before continuing his advance. All his senses were on heightened alert as he couldn't help but feel as though he were being watched. The jamming station was a sign of the SMX's activities in the town but just what were they up to exactly and how many were there. And why hadn't his sensors picked up the inhabitants, even if they were just rotting corpses full of Misshu larvae. Each time Nyton stopped he sent his two forward drones ahead to look while keeping the vanguard drone nearby to secure his position against anything stealthing through the building he was using for cover.

Candide rushed back to the bay carrying a bottle of water, he walked over to the girl and smiled as warmly as he could while kneeling next to her and giving her the bottle. "Here you go...what's your name?" Candide asked the girl.

Saeki's purrs only grew louder and she cuddled up closer to Tom in her slumber, a feeling of warmth enveloping her consciousness as she dreamed her lovely dreams of intimate things. She could feel, at the very edges of her consciousness, the pleasure and love flowing through her physical form.

The little girl snatched the bottle away and huddled against a bulkhead opposite the three enlistees, sucking on the bottle like a baby. Her eyes were wide open, full of fear.
Tom shook his head. The kid obviously had some kind of shock, and it was such a sad thing to see. Inside, Tom wondered if he would ever be shocked as badly as that. He could only imagine what he'd feel if his entire hometown was destroyed. It made him queasy inside. And then, there was the Neko getting louder and louder in his ear. That quickly grabbed his attention; sure was a lot to think about.

Candide was disappointed with the girl's reaction, sighing he looked up. "What happened with her? She seems so closed..." Candide said walking back, sighing at the loudening with the Neko.

As the icky things secreted more of their intoxicating chemicals onto Saeki's neck, they began to crawl underneath the cloth of her uniform, one by one, until none were visible except for tiny lumps slowly moving beneath the snug cloth. The young girl nearby shifted slightly, as the small creatures abandoned her and snuck away into the shadows. Back in town, Nyton found himself getting sick in his intestines for some reason.

Saeki bit her lip and shivered as those tiny little creatures crawled beneath her clothing. Her form squirmed in her sleep as her dreams shifted focus, she had no idea what was going on in the outside world at the moment.

Tom noticed the shivering Saeki and gently nudged her. "Hey, do you need a blanket? You're shaking..." As Tom messed with her, the cold feeling subsided, but the feelings of pleasure did not. Saeki mumbled in her sleep and bit her lip, murring under her breath in pleasure as her dreams ran rampant in her mind. Private dreams, you see.

'What the hell?' Nyton wondered at the sudden unease in his bowels. "Computer, can you do an analysis as to why I'm suddenly not feeling well?" he asked. 'Doesn't make any sense.' "Yamazaki, I repeat, what is your status?" he transmitted again. Without waiting for her response he moved bearing southwest, changing his course slightly to fall back some.

"Unknown," the computer answered Nyton.

"Shit. Literally." Nyton cursed and he hoped the internal systems of the suit would be able to clean up the mess should he manage to lose control. "Where's Yamazaki? We should still at least be able to transmit somewhat to each other. Computer boost the signal so we can at least confirm each other."

Meanwhile, still cut off from her NCOIC, Eve had reached the eastern edge of the ghost settlement. Yamazaki made some final sweeps with her drone, and recalibrated her sensors once more to see if she could locate where, if any, survivors had gone.

Woah, this lady was COMING ON STRONG. This was a fantastic turn of events for the young Geshrin. "Heh, babe, I didn't know you could do this on duty..." Tom's mind was scanning what shreds of the Star Army Rule Book he had read. Now, he didn't necessarily SEE a rule against sex while on duty, but that'd probably fall under disorderly conduct. Son of a bitch. "Saeki, can I get you a drink?" Did one drink count as disorderly conduct? Oh man, I'm breaking all the rules...

Saeki didn't respond because, well, she was still deep in sleep. Pleasure continued to creep through her body, keeping her warm and happy cuddled up to Tom.

Meanwhile, still cut off from her NCOIC, Eve had reached the eastern edge of the ghost settlement. Yamazaki made some final sweeps with her drone, and recalibrated her sensors once more to see if she could locate where, if any, survivors had gone. Eve suddenly found herself face-to-face with a ten-foot-tall puke green power armor of unknown design. It was clearly looking right at her, standing about 50 meters away. In one of its hands was a large energy lance of some sort. The Kylie pilot froze in her tracks, she halted her drone, which was scantly .5 seconds away from exiting a small domicile to her far right. "What the Mish' is that thing?" she thought quickly. Her ACS was still active, but it was still facing her. "That weapon might be like my APW's.." she calculated, looking at the bulky thing. Eve set the sensor suite on record, and got ready to leap into action in case that thing had already spotted her somehow. The girl made her way slowly from her to cover on the north side of the street, opposite where her remaining drone was.

In the blink of an eye, the large power armor was gone, as if it had never existed, leaving Kylie disturbingly all alone in the section of the town. Yamazaki gasped audibly. Quickly moving into a defensive stance, she scanned all over for the unidentified Mishhu type. She hadn't made it behind cover before the armor had just, disappeared. Rechecking that her PSC was indeed still active, she queried, "Did we get any pertinent data on that...thing?â€

"Sure. Go to the medical bay," The ship's MEGAMI system suggested. "Also, Nyton, a message has just arrived asking the Mikomi to join 5th Expeditionary Fleet for recovery and intense training excercises for power armor pilots, along with anti-Mishhu missions for the armor pilots. Should we set course, or wait for signs of the missing crew on Tami?"

'A new mission for the ship already?' Nyton thought to himself. "I wouldn't want to overstep my authority just yet. We should first try and find the captain with the ship's scanners. We will join the 5th fleet after a quick search of the area. If no definitive proof that Chui Bowman and Ghi To are dead or alive is found then we'll tag them as MIA and request a more thorough search to be committed at a later date." he replied. Nyton then began to proceed for the main hangar where the rest of the crew was been located. "I'll be in the med bay in a few minutes. I just want to talk with everyone face to face and pick up the girl first."

ON> YSS Mikomi

Nyton entered the main shuttle bay and motioned to everyone there. "How is everyone holding out? What happened to Narui and Ghi? I was told the captain went to a ship underwater or something." he asked while he looked around to take in the surroundings.

Saeki was curled up in a corner of the bay, trying to relax a little bit. She let out a quiet sigh and sat up as she heard voices...she really ought to be trying to catch up sleep in a bed.

Tom had been the only one drinking, and he sure as hell needed some of it. "I'm holding up as best I can. It's been a hell of a day."

Candide looked up seeing the man walking into the room, who had asked if they were holding up. "I'll be ok...what are we going to do now? Go back down there and find them? But can we even handle the radiation?" Candide asked, remembering the series of nukes that had gone off.

Nyton looked over at Candide. "Right now I'm trying to get our crew and ship status before we go looking for Bowman. Afterwards we'll know what to do next in regards to a transmission Suzi received concerning joining the 5th fleet. Thing is I don't know if the Suzi is capable of hyperspace travel yet. Nor are we all accounted for. I haven't heard from or seen Ghi or Narui. What is their status?"

Eve glanced around the Mindy bay with trepidation, checking her Kylie's systems for the third time in as many minutes since sergeant Claymere had left his standing order.

Candide looked nervously at the man. "I'm sorry sir, I came here in the midst of this situation, and I do not know most of the people on the ship..." Candide said, he didn't even know this man's name.

Saeki yawned and slowly rose, silently padding out of the bay and away from the rest of them, looking around for a bed or a place to curl up and nap for awhile...

Tom continued drinking, looking down at Saeki as she slept and thinking of Ghi, his closest friend on this ship. He hoped she wasn't dead, but was prepared for the worst... "Looks like we're all in the same screwed boat, eh?"

Nyton noticed the look on Candide and extended a hand. "You know what, I don't think we ever properly met. Sergeant Nyton Claymere. I heard your name mentioned before Yamazaki and I headed out. Neka right?"

Candide shook the sergeant's hand before saluting him. "Yes sir. Neka, Candide." Candide said, introducing himself as he was taught to.

"Good to meet you, Neka. All right, does anyone know what happened to Narui and Ghi? I only know the captain went off to check on something under the ocean, some kind of ship. Did Ghi and Narui go with him?" Nyton asked after he returned Neka's salute.

Saeki finally found a little cubbyhole and crawled into it, curling up tight and closing her eyes. She loved her Neko body; it could fit into the most absurd places. Finally, rest.

"Look, sir, Ghi and the captain went over somewhere to investigate something. It was on the planet. Nukes dropped. We got out alive. Anything else you need to know?"

"So Ghi went with the captain? I see. And what about Narui?" Nyton asked.

"Sir, right now I'm too tired to care. I'm going to bed." Tom was really down, much different than his normally bubbly demeanor. He left the area to find some place to sleep.

Nyton began to fume a little but restrained his appearance, instead tensing the tone of his voice. "Freeman have you forgotten we are still in a battle zone? Even with the SMX cleared from space that hardly means we are safe. We have two MIA's, a damaged ship, and limited personnel. Three MIA's if no one can tell me what happened to Narui. We're still not out of the woods yet and this isn't the time to neglect our duties and go take a nap."

Suzi spoke up on the intercom, "I will have the starship's repairs complete in approximately fifty-five hours."

Saeki slept lightly and fitfully, whimpering quietly as nightmares assailed her fragile mind. The picture of that charred body haunted her conscious and subconscious mind.
nyton21b: "Thank you Suzi. What about our hyperspace capabilities? Can we make a jump to Yamatai? We've got to reunite the girl with her family and she'd be safer planetside." Nyton replied to the AI. "Neka, you're an armor pilot right? Is your suit still damaged? If we can find another suit you can use I want you to join Yamazaki in the Mindy bay and remain on standby."

"Fifty five hours for hyperspace?" Eve pondered at the announcement. She had seen the extensive damage done to the portside of the Mikomi planet side, shortly before being ordered away to the ghost settlement. She conjectured they'd probably need some sort of overhaul at an orbital drydock, regardless.

Candide looked at the sergeant when he was spoken to, remembering the damage to his power suit. "Yes sir, my suit is too damaged to operate, it can't take another hit." Candide said, remembering having been hit directly in the chest and landing on the planet, followed by a small skirmish with several SMX, which was when he had met the captain of the Mikomi.

"We can use hyperspace immediately," the Megami answered Nyton.
Saeki awoke with a startled squeak, whimpering softly. Her nightmares had culminated in a horrifying encounter with that burning skeleton. She slowly crawled out of her cubbyhole, walking back to the shuttle bay slowly.

Nyton looked at Candide. "You can use mine then. She's a little rough after being exposed to the blast but she's still serviceable. I also dropped all my weapons and pods to lighten the load so they need to be replaced." He then looked up towards the ceiling to address Suzi. "Thank you again Suzi. Can you see about refurbishing both my PHALANX and Yamazaki's Kylie? I want them both on stand by just in case. I also want an emergency path to Yamatai charted and standing by in case of an emergency. Plus can you give me the status of Chui Lori Narui since no one has been able to tell me."

Candide looked down at the ground. "Lori? She was on the other side of the shuttle...when the first blast went off, all we found of her was a charred skeleton..." Candide said, realizing finally who he was talking about.

"You are welcome," Suzi replied. "The Nodal System will get to refurbishing the armors as available. Chui Lori Narui is dead."

Nyton shook a little, stirred by news but still keeping composure. "Damn. So she's dead." He let out a breath. "Alright, Freeman, I want you to handle the interment of her remains. Suzi, please guide him on the proper procedures for interring a deceased crewmember's remains until we can get her back to Yamatai for proper disposal in accordance to her will or the will of her next of kin." he said with a slight sadness in his voice. "Neka, go join Yamazaki. If we find anything we may have to deploy you two to go and investigate Bowman's location." Nyton looked at Saeki who was returning to the bay after her break. "Saeki, how is the arm? Think you can assist Freeman with Lori's remains?"

Saeki stood frozen in the doorway. Finally she spoke, very quietly "Yeah...its fine..."

"Suzi, can you ask Sergeant Claymere if I may visit the decon chamber? Is that a wise course of action given our sitrep?" Eve asked on her speaker, after her cannon had been reloaded. She hadn't spent as many shots, so it hadn't taken long for the munitions to be reloaded.

Candide stood up and began heading in the direction of the Mindy bay. "Yes sir." Candide said saluting before he ran towards the bay area

Nyton studied her briefly, the expression on her face concerning him. "Saeki, can you handle assisting Freeman with Lori's remains? It may not seem it but it is important. Its the last bit of courtesy one can do to a fallen comrade. If not then its no fault of your own but I need you to stay together." he told her. Nyton then looked at everyone else present. "We all need to keep it together for just a little bit longer, alright? After we run a quick scan for the captain we'll head back to Yamatai so just hang in there a little bit more."

"Sure...I'm fine.." Her voice was distant as was her expression...she seemed quite numb at the moment. Effortlessly she crossed over the bay...

"Thank you Saeki." Nyton said, looking at both her and Freeman as they set to the task. He then redirected his attention to the little girl they'd picked up. Nyton walked over to her slowly. When he was three feet away he got on one knee and smiled at her. "Now then little girl, I need you to come with me. Everything is going to be just fine. The monsters are gone and we're safe." he said in as reassuring a tone as he could muster. "What's your name?"

"Nyton, Eve wishes to ask you if she may use the decontamination chamber," Suzi said.

Saeki looked down at the charred corpse, wondering how she would go about dealing with the remains.

"Hm, decon. That's right. Put me through to Yamazaki." Nyton said as he looked away from the girl for a moment. "Yamazaki, good point. We'd all better run through a decon soon. After I've finished with the little girl you and Neka both decon. We shouldn't be long. We'll do in shifts so we don't all recontaminate each other."

The little girl ducked her head inside the neck-hole of her oversized green shirt with the "Emrys" logo on it.

Nyton returned his gaze to the little girl and saw she was trying to tune him out. "I know its all been scary. We've been scared too but it's alright now. My name is Nyton. Do you want to tell me your name?"

"Ah? There's someone coming here?" Eve called back just as the short blonde haired Geshrin man entered the bay. "Ah, copy. We'll standby here, we should probably flush out the recycled oxygen as well, and the passageway should be scanned in case afterward." she finished, ushering Neka in to the bay as the door closed behind him.

"Haley..." the girl said quietly from under her shirt.

Nyton nodded and continued to speak gently to her. "Haley? That's a nice name, Haley. Now, we're going to take a trip to the medical lab, alright? I just want to make sure you didn't get hurt or anything before you found us. I'll be with you the whole time so you don't have to worry about being alone. Is that okay?"

I don't like doctors," the girl said, still hiding in her shirt.

"Don't worry, no one is going to hurt you. You were very strong to run all the way here. I know you're strong enough to handle a few little tests, right? I promise you they won't hurt. Do you trust me? Please, come on out so I can see your face." Nyton said, coaxing her along.

Eve greeted Neka quietly over her speaker. "I am Joto Hei Eve Yamazaki. There is a PHALANX station over there for you to use, it was only used once before." she added, pointing opposite the bay from her Kylie's station. "Since we'll be going through decon don't put it on just yet." she suggested, clicking off her speaker. It was going to be embarrassing if he figured out she was much younger than he was, despite having about seven centimeters on him.

Haley slowly popped her head out from the shirt. "I'm not supposed to let strangers touch me," she said nervously.

Saeki helped Tom take the body back into the depths of the ship, finally drudging up a body bag and sliding Lori's remains inside, setting them aside. Saeki returned the bridge, sniffling softly; disposing of the remains had been a very traumatic process.

"Attention," Suzi's voice came over the intercom. "I have some good news. Star Army forces of the Thirty-Fourth and Thirty-Seventh Provisional Nekovalkyrja War Fleets have recaptured Hoshi no Iori from the Sfrarabla Mishhuvurthyar Xhrafuklurp invasion fleets. The Thirty-Third and Thirty-Sixth Provisional Nekovalkyrja War Fleets are now retaliating through the invasion of Hyulughflar and Kunniumaklflra systems while the First Expeditionary Fleet is taking Ushobrakflug. For the moment, the Star Army is winning again. The Second Star Army Fleet is moving into the Tami system from Yamatai and the Second Star Army Expeditionary Fleet is moving to Elysia. Zero Fleet is returning to Yamatai. That is all."

A cold shiver went down the pilot's spine a moment. Eve screamed "YAAEEEEEY!" ecstatically as she leapt upside down, touching the ceiling of the bay, and returning. This of course caused Candide to dive backwards, before collecting himself off of the ground.

"Thank you for the update Suzi. Make a course for captain Bowman's last known location and run some sensor sweeps for any sign of him. If none then lets set a course for Yamatai before processing our next orders." Nyton said. When he returned his gaze to the little girl he smiled. "Hear that? We'll be going back to Yamatai soon. You'll be reunited with the rest of your family, alright? I know they'll want to see you and are worried but they'll also want you to be in good health. That's good advice about stranger and you should listen to your mommy and daddy but right now we need to make sure you're okay so that you'll grow up healthy and strong just like mommy and daddy would've wanted you to." Nyton then offered his hand to the girl. "Now please, take my hand so we can go to the med lab."

"Well, all right!" Neka exclaimed. Eve suddenly remembered she wasn't alone and turned back to him. "Well...isn't that grand?" she said, trying to make her voice sound deeper, but failing. She rechecked, and was glad to see her speaker had been off for her outburst.

Saeki ignored the speaker and wandered back into the bay, her arms folded as she reclined against the wall, sighing quietly and closing her eyes.
Nyton nodded at her. He kept his smile the entire time and began to stand up slowly. "Alright now Haley, are you ready? It's not far and it won't take long." Nyton then looked over at Saeki and Freeman. "After Yamazaki and Neka get through with decon you two go and decon as well, okay? Just wait till they've gotten some clearance before going."

Meanwhile, Canide had taken to examining the console at the PHALANX station across the bay from Eve, his eyes alight as he recalibrated the suit for his body type.

Saeki slid down the wall to a sitting position and sobbed quietly, hands over her eyes, her knees coming up to her chest as she cried there in the bay, tears streaming down her face
nyton21b: Nyton led Haley to the med bay. When they arrived he entered and began to address Suzi. "Alright Suzi, prep for a physical exam on our guest here. Check Haley for any injuries, diseases, or foreign hostile bodies. Afterwards run the tests on me then we'll go through decon real quick." He then looked at Haley again. "See, nothing to worry about. No scary doctors, just a few tests from a very nice AI."

A scanner cluster descended from the ceiling, hanging over one of the medical beds by a robotic arm. Haley looked up at it timidly before crawling onto the bed. The arm descended over her, performing various scans and tests.

"Just a little more Haley, hang in there." Nyton said as watched from nearby, ready to reassure Haley if she got nervous again. "Suzi what's our status as far as reaching the captain's last known location? Anything show up on your scanners for him?" he asked aside while the medical scanners did their work.

Eve ignored Candide as she wondered how soon she'd be able to contact SAINT discreetly. She caught herself getting lost in thought, staring out the shielded bay exit. Tami could be seen partially, as they orbited the decimated planet.

"I believe I may have found him in the ship he was investigating but the ship is producing a strong interference field," Suzi responded. "Would you step into one of the containment cells, please, Nyton?"

"Hm, so there's no way of communicating with him then? What kind of interference is it? Can our Armors get close enough to relay a message or is the radiation out there too dangerous?" Nyton asked before he looked at Haley and nodded. "My turn now? How did Haley's scans turn out?" he asked as he walked toward a containment cell.

The door of the cell shut once Nyton was inside, shutting out the sounds of the medical bay. Only then did Suzi speak to Nyton. "Haley appears to have several Mishhuvurthyar Type Four organisms lying dormant inside her abdominal cavity, and some internal bleeding from the holds they've torn in her internal organs, mostly her digestive and reproductive system. Her insides are already becoming septic and she will likely die as a human within two days. The parasites, however, will probably take over her body after much of it is dead, turning it into a zombie version of the girl." The cell door prevented the girl from hearing the news.
Nyton tried to remain calm while he heard the news and tried as hard as possible to keep a straight face so Haley wouldn't get worried. "Isn't there anything we can do? Can't we put her into stasis, eliminate the Type Fours and restore her organs? How long have they been inside her and can you tell if there are anymore?" Nyton then began to feel a bit more worried and had to turn away. "Holy shit, if she's got them then the others who were with her might have them too."

"I already ran scans, and none of the others have them," Megami said. "We can ST transfer her to a clone version of her body."

"Is there anyway we can do it without her knowing?" Nyton asked.

"Perhaps, if she is sedated and unconscious," the AI answered.

Kestral moved away from the ship slowly his side was still hurting. "Ghi I hope you don't mind coming on this, I would just like you to be there in case of casualties." Kestral didn't turn round to say this as he wanted to keep moving.

"It's fine, really sir." Ghi actually thought there was safety in numbers and that being in a pair was a bad idea, but she wasn't going to say so.

Kestral didn't like the feeling of moving of from the shop, with only two people, but he though it was necessary. "What will we find?" Kestral said out loud to himself. He wasn't to sure where they where going, but had been told the direction, and they would come up on the scanner soon. "Keep alert Ghi, we don't know what is waiting for us."

"Got it sir, keep my eyes peeled." The image of peeled eyes appeared in Ghi's head. Nasty. However it was hardly likely should was going to become relaxed in this environment.

The high, shrieking warble of an unknown creature echoed through the forest.

Kestral moved of from the ground, slowing slightly so that he pulled along side with Ghi. "We need to move quick. Firstly, I don't like this. Secondly, I want to get back to the ship." Kestral kept looking down at his scanner; there where traces of things but Kestral didn't want to think what they where just in case they where the Mishu. He had his gun ready, but that didn't stop the feeling of fear.

"Alright. What are we doing exactly?" Ghi asked looking around.

Kestral kept his eyes in front of him and occasionally looked down at the scanner. "We are headed towards a zero fleet ship which has landed. They have information and they need me to come and get it. What it is though I don't know." As Kestral looked down at his scanner there was suddenly a lot of actively over the peak that they where now flying up. "Wow Ghi. We have company. I think the ship is over the peak but there are a lot of smaller signal around it. I would think Mishu. Slowly move up and take a look." Kestral carried on moving and slowed at the last moment. Gun raised and in the shoulder. As he looked over the peak all he saw for the first few moment was light, then slowly as he adjusted to the light he could see a massive fire fight. The where Mindy armour's and Mishu everywhere.

Ghi moved slowly up and peaked over. And then swore, "Damn sir, it's Armageddon come early. What should we do?"

Kestral was thinking the same thing. The Mishu where just over the peak quite close to the two soldiers, the Mindy armour's where pushing them away from the ship. "I think we are going to have to make a run through, send a message through to the ship's AI, and get the captain to recognise our spot, tell him we will make a run." Kestral carried on looking around, questioning in his head if this was a good idea.

"Run or fly sir?" Ghi queried, they where still in their armour after all.

Kestral turned round to face her. "What kind of question is that?" Kestral though to himself. "At a time like this and think to much in detail." Kestral shook his head. "I said run, but fly as we are in the armour, I though you would know what I meant." Kestral turned back round hoping she wouldn't ask anymore stupid questions.

"Alright sir, sorry for the misunderstanding." Ghi thought that Kestral had been far too vague.

Ghi tried to open up communication with the ship, hoping it wouldn't give away their position "This is Soldier First Class Ghi To, with Taisho Kestral Bowman. Are you receiving me?"

"Taisho Kestral Bowman, is that you?" There was slight static but Kestral made it out. "Yes this is...Taisho Kestral Bowman." He hadn't used that greeting before and felt weird. "We need you to board the ship, we are going to have to leave the planet, we can tell you more aboard. I have sent a message to the fighter on ground and know where you are. Come over now." Kestral heard the man clearly and shifted in his position, if they knew the Mishu would also know. "Ghi move quick keep low, we are going to be shot at."

Ghi dropped even lower to the ground "Will you go first sir, or will I?" She asked. Honestly she did not relish the idea of going first, and being fired at, something in her was making her will to survive particularly strong, almost stronger than her allegiance to her duty.

Kestral stood up pushing of the floor the PHALANX moved of. Keeping his sigh on the ground, he moved over the side of the peak. Suddenly shot came flying towards him, as he had expected. ducking and diving Kestral moved towards the ship, firing down at some of the Mishu. Three other PHALANX's came up to join them surrounding them like a wall, Kestral managed to shot through and hit one of the Mishu who's armour the set on fire.

Ghi launched herself into the air, and followed a zig zag path trying to avoid the fire from below, as she returned her own shots using her Plasma projector and Suit integrated Asault rifle. There was a certain exhilaration to being shot at she found, a confirmation of the life and death, kill or be killed nature of life. She just hoped, with savage glee, that she would do some damage.

One of the PHALANX'S had be hit bad and dropped out of the sky, Kestral only hoped he or she was ok. This had left more room to fire and be fired at. They began descending and reached the ground level next to the door, Kestral and Ghi entered, while the two PHALANX's took guard at the door, shortly after going in one of the PHALANX's got hit hard in the face dropping to the floor dead.

Ghi jerked around seeing the PHALANX hit, only thinking about how easily taht could have been her. She shuddered, and looked around her, trying to distinguish some details about her surroundings.

Kestral stepped into the corridor, hear could still hear the battle raging outside but carried on moving, he supposed they where heading towards the bridge. "AI where is the bridge?" Kestral called out in, he carried on moving down the corridor, not knowing if he was going the right way. "Taisho Kestral Bowman one of the crew is on their way to take you to the bridge." As soon as the AI finished the soldier appeared. "Kestral Bowman, please follow me." Kestral nodded.

Ghi wondered what she was meant to do, but followed Kestral hoping should wouldn't be stopped. She didn't really feel safe, being in a ship in the centre of a huge fire fight and all. It made here feel small and inferior, which was not a situation she liked, "It's because you are small and inferior," the voice told her, "pathetic."

Kestral carried on moving down the corridor, they had been going the right way. Ghi was behind him and alright. They turned a corner and the man in front entered the bridge which was right in front of them. Kestral entered after and followed him to the front of the bridge. A tall man stood there side are in hand. "Taisho Kestral Bowman, I'm Shoi Tuniho Kahni. We have a message for you, but first we need to get out of Tami as it will be Nuked very soon."

Nuked? Dear god, it was going to be a complete planetary destruction, a genocide of all the inhabitants and indigenous species. Ghi just hoped that someone had managed to cataloge all the DNA of the species there, and that the Mikomi would survive. Something in her made it so should would not ask, "Don't draw attention to yourself," The voice hissed. She really needed a shot of Calm.

Kestral looked at the man for a few seconds. "Nuked? It can't be. The Mikomi is still on the planet and I don't think she will be able to get of yet. There are good men and women on that ship." Kestral looked at Ghi and back at the man. "I'm sorry Sir, we are special ops. The zero fleet is has been decommissioned and are only her to clean up the mess around Tami. We have used this ship as a cover. They sent us to get you." Kestral looked at the man once more in amazement. "What? Who have?" The man shifted. "Sir I am going to have to ask you to sit down as we are about to leave." The amn turned to the pilot. "All troops in? Then take of and leave these bustards behind." Kestral turned round and sat down on the seat closest to him.

Ghi shrugged helplessly, and found a seat to sit down in. She did wonder when she would have an opportunity to take the suit off, she was getting used to it, but preferred to be free, "Yes you should be free, free of this suit, free of them, free from everything." The voice said smoothly, Ghi found herself listening despite her best intentions.

Kestral sat there speechless. "What was the message, and why where they picking him up only?" The take of was smooth, he heard gun fire, and knew there where Mishu on the ship, it soon subsided, meaning only one thing as none had got to the bridge. The Mishu where dead. Kestral hoped that the Mikomi was able to get of the planet. He sat there for a few minutes lost in though.

"Sir, don't you think it is possible that the Captain is possessed? By the Mishu?" Ghi managed to break from the voice and its commands to remain silent, and spoke over a private laser communicated to Kestral.

Kestral looked at Ghi and sighed. "No Ghi I don't." He was tired and didn't quite know what was happening. "Keep you gun ready if you wish." He returned the message.

Ghi was not tired, adrenalin washed through her system, and she jerked her head around at the slightest noise, and of course she kept her guns primed. She was not going to be ambushed or surprised. "Good good," the voice whispered, "Although maybe you should pre-emptively strike the Mishu possessed traitors, kill them, kill them all!" Ghi tried to clear her head of the voice, scared of it.

Kestral sat up in the chair, they had reached Tami orbit, it had taken them a short while. "So what is this piece of information then, that was so important that the whole of my crew had to die for it." Kestral didn't feel tired now. He was alert, ready for anything, and very angry. The soldier turned round to face Kestral. "The Empress has died, she committed suicide. They wanted you to know, this is an important piece of information as it could damage the moral of the fleet, and they wanted you to know before the rest of the fleet did. As to why they wanted to save you. We do not even know." The man turned round again. "That is it. Sure it is important but I didn't have to leave the Mikomi for it." Kestral sighed again, tears filling his eyes, rubbing his eyes.

The empress dead? Now that came as a shock. A rather huge shock actually, "Get over it, fool, she was weak, she killed herself, you only should care about herself." The voice muttered. Ghi wished it would go away, but it had a point, she could let the tragedy affect her too much. All the same she bowed her head in the memory of the dead empress, beloved of the empire.

He walked over to the man. "When will they fire?" Kestral faced him eyes fixed on the tall mans face. "Thirty minutes." Kestral bit his lip, the blood trickled onto his tongue and he swallowed hard. "Can we wait in orbit, to see if they make it out?" The man nodded. Kestral turned round, he felt slightly better for that, but not much. He collapsed into the chair.

Ghi paused, "Is it possible that we contact the Mikomi?" She asked, trying to do something to distract her from the voice, which had begun to laugh, a wild, soulless laugh.

The man stood still, only his lips moved. "We have tried that already. All we got was static." Then he fell silent once more.

"Unfortunate." Ghi murmured, and resumed a slumped position, "Unfortunate for who? You are all who matter." the voice muttered.

"I suggest you try to sleep for this thirty minutes." The man muttered. Kestral heard him but had considered doing it anyway. He slowly parted from this world and went to a place of happiness. His dream world.

Ghi could not sleep, she was too startled, too scared. She could not discount the possibility that these men would kill her in her sleep, she stayed awake, with only the howling voice to keep her company, thoughts running wild.

Kestral woke to a touch on his shoulder. "The nukes have been deployed and one has hit Tami already." We are scanning the area to see if we can find the Mikomi, but nothing has exited Tami.â€

The girl shook her head, "No, I haven't had anything in a while. Do you have anything to drink?" she asked.

The Phalanx armour flowed off Ghi, and it felt so good to be free! She stretched, her tail whiping around wildly, she hated being constrained, especially for as long as she had been, and it amazing. "But you're still restrained you know, inside this ship, constrained, unable to get out, you're not free, don't lie to yourself." The voice said, almost urbanly.

Ghi shrugged, soon the voice would be gone, she'd get back to her room. But first she had to see to her duty. She went into the medbay to see what she could do.

Nyton looked at Haley and nodded. "Yeah, I'm sure Suzi has something for you." He looked away from Haley and spoke at the ceiling again. "Suzi could you find something special for Haley to drink?" Outside of Haley's view he mouthed without saying anything 'That will put her to sleep.'

"Of course," the MEGAMI replied, activating the nodal system to concoct a sugary frozen fruit smoothie, laced with sedatives, on a nearby table.

Nyton picked up the glass with the drink and offered it to Haley. "There you go. Let me know if you need anything else, okay?" he said after she took it. 'Hopefully by the time Ghi arrives she'll be out like a light.' Nyton thought to himself.

"Wow! Thanks!" Haley smiled, gratefully taking the drink and sucking hungrily at it. She kept her eyes on Nyton as she did, looking at him like she had crush on him or something. After all, he was her hero and all she had in the world. In a minute or two, however, she was out cold, the drink about three quarters gone.

Megami commented, "I didn't expect her to drink to so fast."

Ghi came into the room and tried to access the situation. Nyton, check, little freaky girl, check, Ghi, check. Now to see how she could help. She asked quietly, "What's the situation here?"

Suzi's head appeared next to Ghi. She smiled, although the situation didn't really call for it. "This little girl is called Haley, she has three Mishu's inside her. Nyton here has looked after her so far, although we have only just found out about these creature being within her." Suzi smiled once more. "Oh and we have just given her a drink with sedatives inside it, she will be out for a while." Suzi disappeared.

Kestral moved along the ship, he had removed the PHALANX and felt a lot better. He had heard report's from Suzi about the young girl, and was thinking hard about the situation. He walked through the medy bay door. There in the room was Nyton, Ghi and Haley. "Ok Ghi, I need all the information possible. What is the situation and can we sort it?"

"Damn. Mishu. Inside. Girl." Ghi thought. "Before we start, what is the condition of Lori's ST backup Megami-san?" She asked Suzi, "After that we can take a ST backup of the girl, clone a new body, after checking her DNA, and then transfer her mind into the new clone." Ghi went to the console and pulled up all the information the ship had on Mishu spawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back