• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character [YSS Ryūjō] Fyodor Vikenti Zima

Before Tamahagane Mai departed as SAINT director, Yui-sama approved this SAINT reform:
  • All operatives be required to submit to Loyalty examination, and mandatory body transitions to new standard bodies.
This was generally implemented. There's no real information on why it was needed/implemented. But I believe the reason was to ensure the Standard Conditioning Package's Level III countermeasure worked in all cases, since the mechanism is based on NH series biology (Levels I and II are conceivably strictly cognitive conditioning). Director Shida has never fully enforced the mandatory part because SAINT obviously needs to employ clandestine Nepleslians and Lorath and Phods and older Yamataian bodies (and Kodians, etc.) if it's going to collect useful HUMINT in the field. Plus, like, you gotta be able to have cool secret agents of every species from an OOC standpoint.

You and the GM can work out why Zima-kun is an agent, barring FM intervention. Just thought I'd mention it so you don't worry too much about figuring out what "The Package" does while finishing the skills section. It doesn't really give you any new skills, especially if you're not a Neko. The useful stuff comes from INDOC and other brutal training.

Also consider expanding his backstory, since you want him to be an operative who has been through SELECT and INDOC rather than just an intelligence analyst/technician. Operative selection generally comes after an established career, which honestly can be rather short considering Yamataian society (someone told me this in PM a long time ago, so it could use a reconfirmation). Though, obviously, the top recruits from basic training classes get pulled.

gl;hf

Last edited:
Yeah, I was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of stuff that was in the SAINT wiki pages. And the back story does need work. It doesn't help that there doesn't seem to be much on the Kodians wiki wise, but oh well.

I'll give this a more detailed look later on and let you know what suggestions I have. Today is going to be an exceptionally busy day for me.

Alright, for the most part it looks good.

As far as the history goes, though, considering he is Kodian, I don't know if simply volunteering for SAINT would work. I would mention something about him being allowed to enter due to some type of excessive skill set or promise shown in a particular area.

That being the case, in regard to his rank (and considering you're an established player, already) I don't have a problem with him starting off as high as an Ittô Hei.

Barring FM restrictions on either of those points, I'm good with everything else.

@Wes @Nashoba ?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back