• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Ryūjō YSS Ryūjō - Mission 1 - Fury

"Simple enough," Yaeko shrugged as she spun back around in her chair. She immediately began typing into the keyboard as she muttered to herself. "...All frequencies of radio. We'll cover infrared, energy pulse, surrounding laser, microwave, subspace..." Her voice trailed off as she entered the parameters.

"Anything you think I Amatsukaze-Hei?"

While she waited for a response she readied the program to execute and pulled up the ship's own communications frequencies. Seeing as her duties on the bridge were starting to wind down, her mind started wandering to her pilots and she wanted to have an automated transcript scrolling in the background of her station. Even sitting on the bridge, in the role she had enlisted with, it seemed odd to her not to be flying.

Planet Surface:

As Errowyn's fighter began to gain altitude, her flightboard suddenly light up with a warning - as two plums of smoke appeared from one of the taller structures in the ruined city.

Quick with a mere thought, she silenced the audio as she radioed Kakeru, "Dragon, Hellcat under attack. Relay for assistance! Don't come to my assistance and get info to the ship ASAP!" Backtracking the dissipating contrail of exhaust from the missiles as she threw her craft into wild maneuvers to break the missile locks as she put distance between herself and the launch site of the missiles. Marking the building that was the source of attack as she employed defensive measures. Only to fool one of the missiles.

"Meerrrroooww!" She sang out as she whipped her craft for the deck for speed and more objects to put between her and the fast closing missile, wishing to all that was sacred to her and her ghost sisters that she could break the missile lock on the remaining missile.

She scanned the missile that was chasing her as she maneuvered like crazy being unpredictable as she ended up a few meters above the terrain, rising and falling, turning left and right as her ship screamed across the ground.

~~ ooooooo ~~ One voice sounding a bit sickly.

~~ you can do it! ~~ Another spoke up, cheering her onward.

~~ Look out! ~~ another screamed at her in alarm at a near miss, yet clipping what passed for a tree on this planet, setting off another set of warnings. ~~trying to get us killed?! ~~

Errowyn growled, "Shut the <Censored> up!!" Working the pedals and controls and through Spine Interface, discharging another set of counter measures with electronic signals and heat dispensers to break the lock of the 'Smart" Missile that was gaining on her craft.

Aurigaesha Star System

With an azure flash, a 'Raccoon' T7 Transport Shuttle exited the depths of hyperspace 10 kilometers astern of the Ryūjō and lit off its sublight drives. As the distance between the two ships closed to 5 kilometers, a bored-sounding female voice could be heard over the Ryūjō's communications channel.

"YSS Ryūjō, this is shuttle Kilo-three-seven-nine requesting permission to dock, over."

Last edited:
Aurigaesha I

"Dragon, Hellcat under attack. Relay for assistance! Don't come to my assistance and get info to the ship ASAP!"

"What "assistance"? Recon don't *have* any assistance, you'll be dead by the time anyone gets here...", Kakeru grumbled as he fired up the hyperspace comms. No point keeping emissions control any more, "they", whoever "they" are, obviously know the task force is here.

"Ryujo Actual, Ryujo Actual, Dragon 2. Contact report, 2x short ranged anti-aircraft missiles fired at "Hellcat". She's currently evading and trying to extract from the surface. No sightings of hostile units, enemy formation unknown."

Now that an enemy presence is confirmed and with a call for reinforcement by the Ryujo, the need to verify a "clean" exit point for the Ryujo just became time critical. Pausing to think for a while, Kakeru pulled up the pre-set programing for his decoys. Selecting the preset for a fighter, he pumped up the power emitted to levels corresponding to that of a Plumeria gunship instead. The decoy would not be able to sustain the power level for long, but hopefully it would last long enough to lure any ground to space defenses into taking a potshot at it.

Launching the "gunship" on its way, he fell back a healthy distance from the decoy to see if the space above the planet was as safe as it was supposed to. After all, anti-ship weapons were not known for their pin-point accuracy and it would be ironic if a weapon that missed the decoy vapourized him instead. He'll give the enemy 15 minutes to get their act together, if they didn't shoot by then, he'll consider this "cut-rate LZ clearing" a success.

YSS Ryujo - Bridge - Megami

"Yes Captain, I'll locate a place for us." With that she swiftly moved over and slid into the seat of the planet scanners, she quickly typed out commands to commence a planet wide scan, and a focused scan on the area that they would be over relatively soon. She knew she would be able to locate a place, all that was left was to await the results of the scan...

Aurigaesha I

Errowyn plied every trick in the book to avoid the missile that refused to be decoyed, except turn her Teisatu around and play chicken with it with guns blazing. By staying on the deck and flying the terrain, she managed to avoid the missile which drove her farther from the Colony's only major city. She continued to transmit data to Kakeru, mainly focused on the missile that was intently trying end her illustrious career. Errowyn had a wide goofy grin on her face.

Whom ever designed that missile knew what they was doing and every second she survived, gained more info on the missile, which the Intel, Engineers and Scientist would be able to determine what the missile contained, how it was made, and what ever they could glean from the info she gained.

She became one with her Teisatu. She was the brains as the craft became her 'body' through her Spine Interface. She tighten the straps down to keep her organic body from flopping around in the craft as she began to pull high g turns to gain distance between the smart missile and her. She was trapped down in the lower altitudes, not daring to gain altitude to give the missile an advantage of clear area to out maneuver her.

The missiles wormed their way around the obstacles that were put in their way; with one coming dangeriously close to Errowyns fighter before the high g's caused the missile to literally tear itself to peices - its warhead detonating in flight although it created a rather pitiful looking explosion, one barely the size of the missile itself. The second missile continued to fly until it flew past Errowyns fighter, missing it by several feet and now flying in a straight line ahead of the fighter.

Errowyn reacted quickly, targeting the missile and fired the two wing aether cannons at it with maximum power she could spare for the guns as she kept her 'awareness' of her surrounding. She purred softly watching the missile disintegrate from the destructive energy of her cannons.

She fled for the stars as soon as possible once it was determined that the threat had been removed. She smiled coming down of the adrenaline high. "Dragon 2, this is Hellcat. Coming up to rejoin with you." Sounding pleased with herself.

"Simple enough," Yaeko shrugged as she spun back around in her chair. She immediately began typing into the keyboard as she muttered to herself. "...All frequencies of radio. We'll cover infrared, energy pulse, surrounding laser, microwave, subspace..." Her voice trailed off as she entered the parameters.

"Anything you think I missed, Amatsukaze-Hei?"
"Don't forget hyperspace, that's a very big one for fleet SIGINT," grinned Amatsukaze-hei helpfully from her spot on the console as the communications officer setup her net to catch any stray bits she could find beaming through the blackness of space or the planet. Though she was tiny, Noa certainly knew her stuff from all that SAINT training she had been through and was more than happy to feel useful on a real ship on a real mission.

She was also monitoring wirelessly the data streams coming in from the Teisatsu recon squad and passing them to the Chusa's command station, when suddenly the flow changed drastically and red lit up her visor. The mini-Neko gave a big gasp as a report came in about the missile lock on Dragon 1 on the surface, "Doshiyo... it looks like the Dragons found something. And its firing back."

Last edited:
Takeyu's hands tightened on the arm-rest. "So the natives are restless," he remarked and leaned forward. "In that case, may as well not keep them waiting; we'll keep the ship back a little while longer, but we'll send our infantry ahead to clear us a nice spot," he looked over his shoulder for a brief moment, that pang he felt in his chest as he wanted to join the infantry compliment that would be heading to the surface.

With a mental sigh, Takeyu pulled up the list of available marines and then got ahold of his XO whom was in Engineering right now - not exactly common on a ship, but he knew her skills were better in Engineering than on the bridge. ~"Endoh-Shoi, our Recon squad has run into hostiles, please form a team and outfit yourselves in power armour and them make your way to the planet; I want to know 'who' fired on our people and why, and whether or not they have something 'bigger'."~

"Ryujo Actual, Dragon 2, Hellcat has broken contact. No damage sustained. Planetary orbit above the city is clear, we trawled a decoy emitting a gunship's signature and no one shot at it yet and the orbitals are clear of vessels. You're free to come in any time. LZ co-ordinates are as follows."

Leaning back, Kakeru watched as the small sensor icon that was his wing lead climb out of the atmosphere for a rendezvous with his fighter. The faster they finished this run, the faster he can try to keep as much distance in the future between himself and the loose cannon that is Hei Errowyn. Subtle she is not.

Aurigaesha I :: Close Orbit

Errowyn soon pulled up long side of Kakeru's craft with enough distance between them that if one craft exploded, the other could escape unscathed. She wiggled her wings as se pulled ahead a bit to let him know she was in fine shape.

~~ " Find anything of interest from this view, Kakeru, Other than my playing tag with some missiles." ~~ Errowyn mentally transmitted to him as they overflew the city below o the planet. Errowyn scanning the city with scanners and close up video she could get of the unknown ship.

Kumiko dusted her hands off, touching her bracelet lightly before twisting it and removing it, deftly pulling the small chip that housed her SAVTECH out of the bracelet. "Hai, Chusa. Recommend we keep the Ryujo out of range still, just in case, and insert with a long range shuttle. We've got the stealth shuttle, drop in low under the radar, and go in quiet until we get close enough to get you some details." That said, she mentally got herself together, and pieced a small team together.

"Sasami. I need Megami-Shoi, Kongo-Heisho, Amatsukaze-Hei, Wells-Hei, and Ayabito-Hei to the Power Armor bay, ask them to come prepared to deploy in PAs. Also, request that Hatoyama-Hei bring the Raccoon 1C around to the Power Armor bay, she'll be suiting up as well. Also, set up a link to the Raccoon for me, give us a feed from the recon team, and update the mapping we have of the area if they pick up anything new." Kumiko made her way to the Power Armor bay herself as she spoke, starting to strip almost before she'd even entered the room.

Nobuharu was knelt in his room, eyes closed and a look of tranquility upon his dusky face. He beathed rhythmically while caught within his serenity. His thoughts streamed through his consciousness of home, of the temple, of the hustle and bustle of city life.

A light chirp subtley broke the silence before Sasami spoke up, "Ayabito-Hei, your presence is required at the power armor bay for deployment. Please proceed there immediately."

Nobuharu opened his eyes slowly and stood. A serene smile graced his features as he left his room and proceeded to the bay at a calm yet focused pace. His arrival was swift as he looked for orders.

En route to the Aurigaesha Star System

The 5-hour trip from Tami had, for better or worse, been quite uneventful. Masato, being one of those people who absolutely hated being bored, had spent the time messing around with his Mindy M2-3A's HUD (eventually discarding the changes), writing a bit of code for the aforementioned PA's Nodal Bits, and studying the Ryūjō's internal layout. He'd just started to re-read the 4th deck's schematics for what seemed like the twentieth time when the pilot, a Santô Hei named Murakami, announced that they'd be exiting hyperspace soon. Masato sighed inwardly - he'd always hated thi-

Aurigaesha Star System

Th moment the T7 re-entered reality, Masato winced as a wave of nausea smashed into him, grateful that he hadn't vomited all over the cabin deckplate (as he'd done after the jump from Yamatai to Kami).

It wasn't long until the thumps associated with docking could be heard throughout the shuttle. "We've arrived," said Murakami to the cabin's sole occupant over the loudspeaker. "Now, could you please depart the shuttle?"

Grabbing his suitcase (he couldn't decide whether to be depressed or amused that his life's belongings fit in something that small), Masato bit back a sigh. Though he could understand why the pilot was annoyed - he would've felt the same if he'd been ordered to essentially chauffeur one person a hundred light-years - it wasn't exactly his fault that he'd been delayed at Kami (as the medics there had freaked out over his so-called "FTL sickness").

YSS Ryūjō, Shuttle Bay 1

The troubled Systems Technician then felt/heard a muted roar as the T7 departed the Ryūjō's foremost portside hangar bay - Masato had been so wrapped up in his thoughts, he hadn't noticed that he'd stepped off the shuttle (nearly walking into the closest bulkhead, as a matter of fact). Well, that's...embarrassing.

Setting his suitcase down and taking a moment to admire the (somewhat) vast hangar bay - noticing the bay's only other current inhabitant, a weathered-looking Ke-V8-2b Kawarime Fighter, in the process - Masato contacted the ship's MEGAMI via his Mindy's communications systems. "Hello, MEGAMI. Santô Hei Matokai Masato reporting for duty. May I enquire as to your name, the availability of rooms near Engineering, and what my orders are?" Moments later, a pleasant female voice sounded in the technician's ear. "Welcome to the YSS Ryūjō, Matokai-san. To answer your questions, my name is Sasami, there is an opening on Deck 3, cabin 13, and as for orders I'd recommend speaking with the Chusa, Takeyu-sama, who is currently on the Bridge. Do you need any help in getting there?"

Masato smiled as he retrieved his suitcase and headed towards the hatchway leading to the ship's interior. With a chuckle, he replied, "Nice of you to offer, though I think I'll be fine on my own - spent the ride here studying this ship's schematics." With that, he strode off in the direction of the nearest zero-g passageway.

YSS Ryūjō, Bridge

A short while later, Masato, now wearing his Type 35 uniform (having deposited his Mindy in the Power Armor Bay and stopped by his newly-assigned quarters to change) entered the Ryūjō's Bridge and walked over to the Chusa. Here goes nothing..... thought the technician as he saluted and nervously said "Santô Hei Matokai Masato, r-reporting for duty sir!" Mentally, he facepalmed. Way to mess that up, you baka....

Last edited:
Hallway

Ume had be on standby for quite some time, though the idea of actually staying in one place was not something she was fond of, so she had been wandering about. It was during this wandering that Sasami, the ship's AI appeared and spoke to her.

"Hatoyama-Hei, Endouh-Shoi request you bring the T7-1C from Bay 6 to the Power Armor Bay and to suit for combat deployment once there."

Ume grew a wide smile upon hearing her orders, after all she had eagerly been waiting for them. She almost ran directly to the power armor bay, but remembering she was asked to bring the shuttle there, she turned and headed for hangar bay 6.

Hangar ->Power Armor Bay

Once at the hangar bay it was not too difficult to get the Raccoon C started and out the bay, the shuttle was not as jumpy as a fighter and moved smoothly as she guided it. After leaving the hangar she steered the shuttle around and brought it up to the Power Armor Bay, after checking to make sure no one was in the space she needed, she turned the ship around and backed it carefully into the bay.

"Find anything of interest from this view, Kakeru, Other than my playing tag with some missiles."

Frowning a bit at Errowyn's usage of names over the comms, he replied to her:
"Hellcat, Dragon 2. One unknown ship, one destroyed Star Army ship, fair bit of collateral damage and debris where they crash landed, intermittent life signs in the city, keeps fading in and out as they move through the buildings. Didn't see any life signs from the missile launch location, could have been launched remotely, or that the building was blocking the sensors. Something seems off about the missiles too, on playback, the one that self destructed looked like it did not carry an explosive payload at all. Might have been carrying something exotic, like an aether power tap that activates on contact or acid or something like that."

Mention of the missiles reminded him of something else. He packaged the footage of Erroywn being chased through the city and transmitted it back to the Ryujo with an attached note for analysis and integration into the simulators. The analysis section there should be able to estimate the missile's flight capabilities through the video recording and program it into the simulators in the future so that other pilots can practice future anti-missile tactics against this new enemy. While being shot at was gathering information the hard way, it still was information that they desperately needed and could use.

Bridge

Being intrigued by what was going on with Shinozaki-kun and the Hellcat's recon flight, her spare mental computer processing cycles still working in the background on encryption code breaking, and even assisting Yaeko in forming and testing her multi-band SIGINT collecting algorithm... Amatsukaze-hei almost nearly missed the MEGAMI sending out an alert from Endoh-shoi's station in main engineering summoning the little hacker down to the power armor bay.

Wait... did she say power armor bay?! Her multitasking focus was broken immediately. "Eh, honto ni, Sasami-chan?" the miniature Neko spoke in disbelief, feeling the need to confirm the orders were legitimate. Suddenly it was like a firecracker went off in her head. "I'm going to go on a mission? For reals? OMG, OMG!" she squealed with pure digital delight, leaping off of her place at the communications console into the air with a heroic pose that almost seemed to send sparks flying. She then coughed once and bowed respectfully, "Ah.. gome, gomen, Munkata-shoi, it looks like duty calls me away now. But I'm not worried... you totally got this." She gave her a little thumbs up, before adding in a tiny, conspiratorial whisper, "I'll be sure to scout out the new boy, Ayabito-hei, for you, too..."

Power Armor Bay

After Noa said her goodbyes to the main bridge officers and the Chusa, she headed like a living, 8-inch missile flying into the zero G passages down to deck 6, infantry country. After a brief stop to grab a Type 31C Star Army Medical Kit, she soon arrived in a whirl of anti-gravity energy and had a little trouble stopping herself from all the momentum she had built up, and careened onto the floor from the weight of the large bag she was now carrying. The mini-Neko floated up and dusted herself off with a little nervous laugh, lifting her orange visor up and gazing around with her cerise eyes to make sure the logistics team had gotten her requisition request for a Sylph M4 Light Mecha to be ready just in case...

Last edited:
Bridge

Megami blinked and looked up from her station, tilting her head at the other officer who decided that she was going down onto the surface with the others. She was hesitant about this, she was never that good of a fighter, only a thinker, that’s why she took up the logistics and strategist positions while at officer school. She took a breath, orders were orders however. She stood up and said:

“Hai Endouh-Shoi, I shall report to the power armor bay immediately and suit up!”

With that she turns and heads out.

Bridge > Power Armor Bay

Megami slowly made her way down the hall, gentle picking up speed along the way, she didn’t know what to expect. She had mediocre combat scores, its one of the reasons she applied for a leadership position, she was always stronger in the mind then she was the body… Her sister Yumi was far more adept in combat then her, she was a hero even! However, now she found that she herself was being sent to the ground… She had to steel her nerves, get into the zone… Become her sister perhaps…

Power Armor Bay

Megami made her way meekly into the power armor bay, and slowly moved over to an unused Mindy, she slowly stripped herself down to her underwear and looking around at everyone, remembering their names in her head…

Nobuharu Ayabito… Ume Hatoyama… Noa Amatsukaze…

She noticed a lack of the other person, Sigrid Kongo…. She got a bit more nervous, if the other person who was knowledgable of combat wasn’t there, how would she fair on her own? She eye’d towards the ground, the last thing she wanted was her inexperience in combat situations to get her group killed, or worse, captured, for whatever reason. She took one shuttered breath before opening up the Mindy. She turned around and got her suit on and began running diagnostic checks.

Last edited:
Aurigaesha I :: Close Orbit

Errowyn lazy flew her craft, holding her position on Kakeru, still in the groove as one with her craft. It was like her senses were magnified by the Teisatsu sensors, and had time to enjoy exploring the new sensations and 'sight' and 'hearing'. Even her 'ghosts' were in silent awe.

It was as if the Void of the Deep was singing to her. Her craft was slightly rocking sideways as she flew. She softly purred as she mentally reviewed the status of her craft. Wondering if 'Doc' and his wingman were being deployed. Maybe she should've let one of them take this assignment.

She recognized the signs of her mind drifting from the job at hand as she let the ships scanners gather information. She reviewed her run with the missiles as they acted more organic than machine with a programed brain. She had missed the third missile that she had to shoot down. It gave her mind something to chew on as it definitely wasn't a Mish Phase Mine. She gleaned what info she could on them while aboard the YSS Heitan.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back