• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character [YSS Ryujo] Sebastian

Thanks but I was just informed that Exhack does not want any Iroma's outside of his faction, so I'm afraid you'll have to make a new character.

Just for the sake of clarity, from what I understand, Exhack just doesn't want people he hasn't had a chance to do the Iroma stuff with taking them out of the faction quite yet, for consistency sake.

No, it's fine! I'm not at all upset that he is wanting that. I can perfectly understand his reasoning. Had I had a chance to use her as an Iromakuanhe before the switch, it'd be different. It's still relatively new, so anyone creating someone from there shouldn't already be in the main part of Star Army, if I understand it right. It's not a big deal, really. I'm changing her to Nepleslian and tweaking what I need to make it work. :)

OK, I think I have her skills fleshed out. The only thing I know that is lacking is her background and how she came to get to the ship, which I'm still working out a bit in my head. I'm thinking of maybe making her more focused on Demolitions than I have right now, that would be a good asset to have, but it's your call as well, @Kyle. Let me know and I'll tweak it if necessary. :)

Hey @SmokeEmpress can we have a minor edit please? I'd been reminded that Mercs weren't allowed in Yammy-land, and although Takeyu wouldn't have a problem with it I was remined that Yui *would*. so instead of her being a full blown merc (a civvy) it might be better that she had enlisted and had essentially sailed on through basic training, this wouldn't hamper her much and wouldnt' require a major history change.

I was thinking the same thing. :) Though don't want to lose her gear, so may have her just carry a duffel and she changes once she is on board...or she carries her bo as part of her uniform?

Soldiers don't only "own" standard issue, they will have their own stuff as well, so there should be no problem with personal items. Military personnel have their own stuff *and* standard issue as well, it's just that they have to return the standard issue if they quit, and pay for it if damaged or lost through negligence. The advantage to that is the stuff is "borrowed" so they don't need to pay for it.

Make an impression. Report in the buff. :p

It's play, either way is fine though the fact that we're all cookie cuttered through an academy is a bit limiting. Wonder how strict is the "no merc" policy, after all, we get "private military contractors", "security consultants", "security guards" and "native guides" in real life, which are also technically "mercs".

If we "picked Sebastian up" outside of Yamatai territory, would that be more flexible? Or maybe "higher command" hired her as a "native guide" in an attempt to break up the obvious Yamatai nature of the crew since it is supposed to be a cov-op type mission? (Not that the light cruiser itself isn't a huge clue.. :) ) That could save a 2nd re-write for poor Sebby.

meh, it's all good. I already got her trained through Yamatai, but she is still Nepleslian. And she won't always remember to bow when she reports...in or out of uniform! LOL!!

So though she went through the 'cookie cutter' training, she still has her own stuff. And only power armor to worry about that's extra. :D

RPG-D RPGfix
Back