• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

[YSS Sakura II Prelude .01] Saintly Mischief

Yoshi

Inactive Member
Aboard the Pirate Yui-class

Rei Tanaka woke with a start. She ached all over. Her head pounded and her left arm felt wrong. Slowly she opened her eyes and took stock of the area around her. The room looked like a stasis chambered, or at least it started out as such. It looked like it was hastily converted over to a holding chamber.
It was then when Rei remembered why she was here. ‘Damn they found me, bastards.’ S.A.I.N.T. had sent her months ago to try to gain access, and if possible join the crew of this ship. She tried to board at the ship’s last port of call. Apparently the let her on just so they could capture a operative.
The ship rocked, it must have been under attack. She laid there leaning against a rear wall of the room. The ship continued to rock and shudder. ‘Who the smeg is attacking the ship?’ before she could think any further an explosion ripped a hole in the deck reviling the Maintenance Conduits. She crawled over to the rent in the deck and allowed herself to fall into the passageway. She landed on her left side, her arm screamed in pain. She quickly rolled on to her back and checked over her arm. Her shoulder was out of its socket. Rei knew it was going to hurt as she popped it back into place, only her S.A.I.N.T. training kept her form screaming out loud and alerting the crew where she was.
After a few minutes to regain her control she moved on down the passageway, she need to find access to either the engineering or the main computer chamber. Rei slowly moved her way to where she believed the computer’s main system room was placed. Once she arrived she slowly opened the hatch and quietly poked her head out.

The conduit smoked and crackled with damaged conduit, and she could hear the rush of footsteps as damange control teams got to work. A loud slam indicated that one fell when the ship lurched sideways.

"Out port engine just got blown away! Deploy the Weapons Pods!"

"Stealth is inoperative! Power fluctuations throughout the ship!"

These cries indicated that she was directly under the bridge, and only had a bit further to go. When she arrived in the computer area, she'd find no one else present -- the others off trying to repair what they could and coax the ship to combat status. It seemed that surrender had never even entered the minds of these people.

The SAINT agent would find that the computer was not a MEGAMI, but a civilian variant used on Privateer type Yuis. At least that was something in her favor.

yui's computer room

Rei slowly climbed out of the passageway into the ship's computer room. Quickly she took note the type of the system. she was no computer tech but this system would be easy to hijack, being just a civi-model. "Computer please respond with voice, volume low please." With in the span of a few nano-seconds the computers female voice responded in hushed tone, Rei would almost say it was trying to be conspiratorial.
Code:
"Yes Ma'am how can I help you?"
Trying not to laugh Rei thought for a second. "Please give me full admin rights to the ships systems, Please." Even though she was talking to a computer she knew politeness would get her further then blind arrogates.

Code:
"I am sorry, but current configuration does not allow me to do that.  Also, granting access mid-combat may conflict with defensive operations.  May I assist you in some other capacity?"

The computer was modified from its standard program, its obligation to answer the commands or a Taisa or above locked out...albeit sloppily. The system was hackable though, especially if she just wanted it to go to defaults. The ship rocked again, clearly under attack.

If she asked for access to the sensors, she would see that it was a pair of SAoY Plumerias attacking, from the Third Squadron of the First Expeditionary Fleet.

yui's computer room

"Well you don't say, Hmmm..." She pondered for a few seconds going over the few systems she could access. Spying the two ships attacking this one Rei knew she had to hurry and bring this ship to it's knees, or she knew that the others would destroy this one.
"Well my dear you will have to give up your secrets." Rei walked over to the system's main control system, humming softly to herself, she opened a few different covers and started playing with the wires. After a fiddling with a few wires bundles she moved to the control panel, she brought up the computer systems main bios and core programing windows. "Well well well what do I see here." She found a few security holes in the system, "Well I guess when they built you they didn't think someone would ever get a chance to play around in your bits like this." She quickly gave her self access to the engineering and the shuttle bay, then slipped back into the maintenance corridors and headed toward the engineering section. As she reached it is slowly opened the hatch and peeked to see who all was there,

There were few people, though the people who were present were running around hastily trying to fix various problems. They'd been forced into combat with a skeleton crew, it seemed, and were finding themselves overwhelmed. The only things thus far that kept the battle going were the weapon pods.

"Try to fix the power fluctuations! We can still lure them away if we get our remaining engine online! Our comrades are buying us time with their lives, so don't let it be in vain! Thank goodness for the Weapon Pods..."

"We got a hit on the lead ship's Engineering Section! A tiny one, but they're venting atmosphere!"

"It's not stopping their assault, though! GET BACK TO WORK!"

"Illegal access to the main computer! Bridge crew reports that someone got into the computer room! Checking...the prisoner's gone!"

"...What a fine time for the traitor to escape. If you see her, kill. We don't have time to take her alive."

Rei carefully watched the engineers running about the engine room trying to get things back into shape. Taking note that the ship seemed to be trying to distract who ever was attacking from something else. She knew that she couldn't do much here. so she quietly moved on to the shuttle bay. 'Maybe I can steal a shuttle or find something to make this ship hurt bad' she thought to her self trying to make a list of things to do.

Luck smiled upon Rei, as the aged and somewhat triangular appearance of an old Fox T4 Combat Aeroshuttle. It was two years out of service and made of dated technology, but it was functional and could likely blow a hole through the hull of the Yui scout if necessary for escape.

Further cries could be heard from the adjacent Engineering block, about how the objective had failed. Apparently the effort to protect some type of debris had not been successful, and the ship was expendable. Help was not coming for them.

Rei smiled at her good luck, a shuttle. Her ever scheming mind started forming a plan. She quickly and quietly moved to the shuttle, she had to get in it and lock the external hatches down completely or the ship's crew could easily capture her. it wasn't far from the maintenance hatch to the shuttle.

As she entered the shuttle, Rei hit the hatch shut key on the panel. Using what she was taught about locks she disabled the external hatch access panel. She was safe for the time being. Sighing she smiled and moved to the cockpit. It was the standard layout for a shuttle which pleased her, she really didn't have the time to figure out a different layout. As she brought up the systems she made sure that she sealed all access from the outside. then she moved on to main plan. she checked to see if the weapon systems were up and running. smiling to her self she strapped herself into the seat, it was going to be a bumpy ride from here out.

Rei knew that she could just blow her way out the rear hatch and begone of this place, but the computer system was rude and told on her and the people on this ship imprisoned her instead of letting her do her job. she knew that most of that was silly but it was a good excuse to reek as much havoc as she could before leaving. so she powered up the weapons and aimed for the bulkhead that lead to the main bridge. She fired two bursts.

The Yui-class ship could not even alert the bridge officers to the danger before the blasts tore through the bridge and parts of the computer room in front of it, blasting through the top of the ship in a blast of shattered Zesuaium and energy. Flesh was burnt and vaporized, the few remaining survivors flung into open space unable to bring down the helmets or take a breath in time. Only a few seconds of tumbling, pain, and confusion would follow the depressurization for those who weren't vaporized. The ship listed violently, reacting to a targeted blast from within with fer less resilience than one from outside.

Engineers shouted as they tried to regain control, thoughts of surrender causing some to abandon what command structure was left as soldiers got to the escape pods...in hopes of survival through surrender. The Chief Engineer started shooting at her subordinates for considering surrender, only to be gunned down by her own forces...the former prisoner had completely decapitated the command structure of this particular craft. Now she just had to escape and contact her allies...and survive what remaining firefight there was.

Fortunately, with the computer of the Yui-class having gone silent, the Weapon Pods seemed to be reassigning themselves to the nearest SAoY ships...the two Plumeria classes.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back