Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

RP: YSS Soyokaze (YSS Soyokaze) Fly Me to the Moon! (1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hangar

Nenene listened to the speaches quietly and observed the crews reaction to thnew captain as he said his piece. She noted he was not used to this. She smiled inwardly. At least she was not the only fish out of water.

Once things were done and the crew was breaking up to go about their ways she walked over to Takeyu.

"That went well enough" she said as she stepped up to him.

Hangar

Truly rolled her shoulders as she broke out of formation, sending Tama tumbling with a little squeak. She just giggled at the Mini, who recovered and zipped back into the air quickly enough. Tart followed them as they began to make their way towards the exit along with most of the rest of the crew. None of them wanted to spend more time in the Hangar after what they'd been through. "I don't know about you, but I could use some real breakfast." Venus nodded at the red-skinned Neko's suggestion, as Crasher bobbed higher into the air to help scout out a path for the girls to take. Their leader blushed slightly as she spotted one of the crew members that had been present for the incident yesterday, walking nearby as she spoke to some other infantry Neko.

GM POST

Briefing room

The Admiral sat down and waited until both Takeyu and Nenene joined her at the table. Once they were ready she pressed a button bringing up a volumetric image of a dead moon orbiting a gas giant, the focus was on the moon it's self.

"We have here a moon that has a NMX listening station. It remains from a leap frog operation that left it isolated from the rest of their forces. This would be a simple operation, orbit and then hit it hard from orbit until it was glowing. Though there are civilian refugees in the bubble domes. Here, Here, And Here..." She pointed at three craters that had domes erected over them to house small mining operation stations.

"The listening post itself is a ways from the domes, but the NMX force that was stationed there has taken control and has been ruling over the refugees there, whom had ran from their own planets when the NMX war first started. Now I would just order you to send in troops to the domes and then attack the post with artillery strikes from ship based weaponry, but there is information we would like to be retrieved form the base it's self. From intelligence reports it is lightly crewed, mainly Nekos though a possibility of a Mishu or two as keepers. The objective is to take control of the post, and secure the main computer systems. Once the enemy is secured, and under guard or dead... I want the refugees to be seen to. It is a big reason for this task group."

Leaning back into her seat she folded her fingers together and laid them on the table."Bring hope to them. There are plenty of supplies and equipment to be given to them until we can get contracted civilian transports out there to take those people back to their homes. Any questions?"

MISATO POST

PA Bay

Misato smiled as she looked around, "I don't mind it, really I do like that name, and I hear it so rarely. I remember my first posting, it is easy... this is my second, but my first was for quite a long time." She walked over to her personal Mindy. She knew it was combat ready, she had made sure of that the night before, but she started going through the motions of checking it over anyways.

"As for worrying about holding any one back, don't worry, you'll be with me and we will make sure that everything works out right." She smiled reassuringly before checking the weapon load out again.

Hallway

Chiasa moved briskly and caught up with the junior bridge members. "Go and grab yourself a quick meal and a drink. No way of knowing when you will get another chance before we get busy. I'll take care of the bridge until you return." she said while invoking smile #2.

"Want us to bring you something ma'am?" one of the nekovalkyrja asked.

"Just bring me a bottle of water. I'm not hungry." She said and then turned resumed her route to the bridge. She linked to her station and sent a series of commands to the bridge stations. Each of them switched on and started acquiring the data requested. Atmospheric data for use in launching, local traffic and and any inbound traffic so that the navigator could plot a safe departure angle.

Chiasa then took her seat at her station and watched as the ship efficiently processed the data requests.

PA Bay

Ume followed close to Misato and gave a soft nod in confirmation to her saying she didn't mind. The purple neko would have to build up courage to call her by her given name again, but hearing that she liked would make that a little easier. "This is your only your second post? Wow that's amazing, you must be really good." She looked impressed at what she heard and took it all to heart, smiling back at her superior , knowing now that she'll look out for her.

The orange haired neko moved to her own power armor which was mostly the standard configuration, but some changes had been made so that it could properly use the sword she carried, namely a weapon adapter for it on the left shoulder. This would be Ume's first time actually seeing the armor up close, as the configuration was not left up to her. "It looks pretty."

Briefing Room

"None ma'am," responded Takeyu as he stared at the volumetric representation of the station and the area it was in.

Kinsaka nodded, getting up from the chair she was sitting in and glancing at the representation. "You are dismissed then, be sure the ship is ready to depart and that your crew are all prepared. I wish you luck on your first command Shosa," with that Kinsaka smiled and saluted before leaving the briefing room.

Watching her leave, Takeyu looked at his XO. "Shall we go over the specifics and formulate a plan for this operation?"

Briefing Room

Nenene played through the briefing again while the admiral and captain exchanged final pleasantries before the flag officer departed. She nodded, "Yes" she replied and opened a considerable number of volumetric windows. Despite her new white uniform she was still very much an intelligence analyst and as soon as she knew what their target was she had started referencing and pulling all of the data available on it, especially focusing on known defensive emplacements as well as proximity to the civilian populace.

"We are going to have to be very careful not to hit the civilians" she commented as she arranged her data.

Briefing Room

Takeyu walked around the briefing table, peering at the displays and the information provided; such as the station and the moon. "The problem is figuring out how to approach this area without tipping our enemy off, even though the domes are here..." he tapped the display, which caused the domes to change to a green color, "and the listening post is here...." he tapped the listening post, which turned red, there was ample distance between the two that a response from enemy forces would at least take some time but not a whole lot. "Any idea's on the force strength of our enemy?" he placed his hands on the table, mainly for support, and looked over at his XO.

Briefing Room

"No data exists on the enemy strength" Nenene replied. "But if I had to guess, at minimum an understrength company" she suggested. "The NMX never garrison their facilities lightly"

Briefing Room

"No... they certainly do not..." Takeyu said as he reflexingly rubbed his side, an area that he had suffered some injury when he'd boarded an NMX station that had a large number of enemy power armour.. more than intel at the time had stated. "We could send a Teisatsu or two to spy on the station and gather intelligence ahead of our advance, it would help us better understand what we are up against and whether or not the enemy has traps instore, I don't want us to fly into an ambush..."

Briefing Room

"That would be wise" Nenene nodded in agreement. "The more accurate information we have the better chance we have getting this enemy facility taken care of without casualties to us or the civilian populace"

She tapped some commands into her tablet, making some notes. "We may also want to send a couple of people to scout and observe as well"

Briefing Room

"The sooner we send them out, the better; got any recommendations for the pilots?" asked Takeyu as he continued to study the displays.

Briefing Room

"We have several skilled pilots aboard who can handle the fighters" Nenene said. "I would like to assist in the scouting as well. I have experience with intelligence gathering that will come in handy while out there"

Briefing Room

"Then I want you to lead the scouting party, pick a wingmen or two who can cover you. After our launching ceremony, we can jump to a nearby system under the guise of testing the ship out, while and your team deploy to investigate that base," Takeyu said, as the Shosa brought up a display of the fighters in question and then picked out a few points where they could exit fold-space, all of which would be on the opposite side of the moon from where the listening post was.

Briefing Room

"Understood" Nenene said, making notes and already scanning the profiles of the pilots assigned to the Soyokaze. "I do hope there is not too much fanfare" she added. "I would prefer to leave in the dead of night when no one is paying attention"

Cafeteria

Eating was one of Chieko's favourite things to be ordered to do and was quick to get ahead of the pack once given leave to. Too bad there was already a bit of a line from other groups that had been give the go ahead, forcing her to wait a little longer; the inevitability the only thing keeping her from actually reaching a neutral mode of thinking.

Once through the line and at the table with food, the scientist looked around at everyone who would be on the bridge and thought about Chiasa as well. With all that were present, it was a sure thing that she may not be needed up there at all, at which point she eyed a couple other green shirts. There was that lab that, though set up, could use a decent stock count and maybe a little christening as well.

The academic mulled on those thoughts as she ate, between chatting up anyone who decided to sit with her.

Cafeteria

Deciding he'd get some chow before going to the PA bay and deal with the clowder that was down there. After getting his tray and shufling though the line, a bit amazed at the spread they had (though guessing it was because of the VIPs on board) he went to go find himself a seat. Scanning the room he had to frown a bit, "Not one damn Nepleslian." He mumbled to himself, he thought there would be at least be another one on a ship this size but he currently didn't see any. Taking the next best thing he could think of he lightly tossed his trey onto the table in front of Chieko, letting the sliver wear make a small clatter and a bit of the broth from his Udon splash out of the bowl

"You enjoying the new ship so far?" he said fumbling with his chopsticks he decided to pick up and try out. After a few moments of trying to pick up one of the noodles, Bors let out a frustraded grunt before setting them to the side and diping his fork into the noodly mess, stirring a few of the noodles around the utensil and putting it in his mouth.

///Medical Bay\\\

While awaiting her commanding officer, she notices off to the side some files and opens them up and begins reading. After a moment or two however, she blinks as the door to the medical bay opened revealing a young woman who seemed to be injured. She stood up and moves over to the bed and motions for her to take a seat which she does. She examines her quietly, while listening to her explain that she had been working in engineering and accidentally gashed her hand with a sharp object. This was easy enough to handle though, so after a moment of looking up the patients name and any allergies and such she moves to the medical cabinet and pulls out some antiseptic cleansing wipes, some bandages and some soap.

She moves back over towards the patient in question, and takes the woman over to the sink where she applies warm water and cleanses the cut with the soap in question. Once she's done that, she dabs the wound with a soft cloth to dry it off before applying the antiseptic by wiping the wound with the antiseptic wipes. Once she's finished that, she elevates the hand a bit and begins applying the bandage, a few wraps around the hand and then a tightening squeeze as she attaches it to the wrap so it stays rather then unwinds. She looks at her quietly and then nods, with a slight smile. "There we go that should do good, keep the hand elevated when you can, and use an ice pack to keep the area cool and that should reduce the chance of swelling. You got here quick enough that you won't receive an infection, and should be clear to go back to work and do minor things until your hand fully heals."

She took a moment to write this information down on a file and then releases the woman to go and do whatever she pleases. A satisfied grin on her face from doing her first job, though small, it was a rather good feeling to do her job. She took a moment to come down off of her happy high, and then sat back down at her desk and began reading through files again to remind herself of the patients on the ship and what she would have to keep in mind for when she ran into said patients.

Briefing Room

"This is the 9th, given their mission and SAINTS involvement, I doubt there'll be much more than a send-off comprised of a message from the Taisho wishing us luck; at least that's how I would do it," smiled the Shosa. Takeyu really wasn't one for fanfare anyway, he found it to be a waste of time and resources, but then again that was when they were still very much at war - right now - it was relatively peacetime..

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back