• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character [YSS Wakaba] Shima Hoshiko

iaincarter

Some people call me Crazy...
🌟 Site Supporter
For consideration of Approval to join the YSS Wakaba plot, I present: Shima Hoshiko.

I suspect the largest sticking point will be with regards to the somewhat... unique approach to education I have utilised here, so wanted to explain the thought process that went into it after consulting with Cowboy (Plot GM):

After the Wakaba was lost, there was an initiative put in place to reward those members of the crew who produced children. Hoshiko's mother decided to take advantage of this program, but knew that as a Navigator and Officer, she was perhaps too vital to the ship to be able to essentially retire by popping out a new kid every six months or so. So, for her first child (Hoshiko), the mother decided that not only would she pass on the memories of basic training (as many Neko parents choose to), but that she would go three steps further and transfer ALL her memories up to being assigned to the Wakaba. Thus, this daughter would within a very short frame of time, be able to take over her duties, leaving her free to pursue a much easier life as a baby factory.

As a result of this much larger transfer of life experience, Hoshiko's development was vastly accelerated as she was at that point essentially a clone of her mother. Part of this rapid maturity is the reason that there isn't much of a relationship between mother and daughter as the latter never really needed the former from a developmental standpoint. Possessing a more mature outlook from such a young age, Hoshiko has thrown herself into self-development and furthering her career. She also reacted more as a confident adult during her early months as opposed to an unsure youngling. This resulted in a certain distancing from her fellow Firstborn among the Wakaba crew.
With regards to where I expect this to go - before the Wakaba was rescued, Hoshiko had an extensive list of all the Qualifications and Training Requirements needed to become a SAoY Navigator and Officer. While she had all the memories of acquiring them, she never had achieved them for herself (as evidenced by her quite empty personnel file). So, she set out to work with suitable experts in order to prove her competency and get signed off on each point on that list. Now (three or four months after she started) that the Wakaba has been rescued, I'm assuming there will be some kind of 'intensive qualification conversion' put in place by the folks at SATA to get the crew up to official compliance with regards to skillsets, qualifications etc. My intention was that during the time the crew is on leave and the Wakaba is being repaired, that Hoshiko and the other Firstborn that desired it, would be going through this intensive program, so that by the time the Wakaba is able to return to active duty they would be able to be posted aboard as official crew.

I hope that helps explain this unusual approach. Any further questions I would be more than happy to answer here, via forum PM or via Discord.

Thank you for your time and consideration!

@Cowboy @Wes

RPG-D RPGfix
Back