• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Yui [YSS Yui] Mission1: When Angels Attack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ritsurin saluted to Taisho Ketsurui. "First of all, I wish to congratulate you on your promotion, secondly, I would like to know what my orders are." He said standing at attention.

Meanwhile

It was Lavinia's shift to patrol the ship. As she began her rounds, she checked in on Wazu, who had been recently promoted to Chusa, most likely because Taisa Jaren was scheduled to leave the Yui. Lavinia always felt...less than safe around Wazu, probably because he was always working on some strange new project. She poked he head in anyway.

"Chusa Wazu, congratulations on your recent promotion." She said, but then left before he could respond, to continue her patrol. She past the portside shield generator then the baths. She looked into the baths to make sure that there wasn't anyone in there who wasn't supposed to be. Lavinia knew that most of the crew was very busy, so it was no real surprise to her to see that nobody was in there. She smiled as she remembered Ritsurin and her little romp in the water.

~None of that now!~ She chided herself.

She shook off the memories and continued on her way. She crossed to the starboard side of the ship, and past the shield generator when she decided to check in the room, where she found Acara working at his usual frantic pace.

"Hello Juni Acara, congratulations on your promotion." She said cheerfully.

Chiharu sat in her chair, it appeared that she hasn't slept yet, and that she recently just healed her some wounds, her face was still stained with blood from some wound that already had healed. She didn't look up at Ritsu as she spoke, working intently on developing her strategy to go against the Angels again. "Ritsu, you are going to go on a boarding party to the disabled Angel ship in cooperation with the crew of the GSS Ender. I haven't decided yet if I'll be sending Nanashi on the boarding party yet but if I do decide to send her, I will have to go with her because she will only take orders from me or Araiah, but he's about to get a transfer. Now, you are going to have to remember that if you take all of your people, there will be no Sentries here to defend the ship. If you want to recruit more people you are going to have to clone them, but at the moment, Juni Kuru is cloning herself some more techs and respawning Tomoyo. So you have several hours before you can do that."

She looked up at Ritsu for a moment, her eyes were accusing "By the way, bribing people to not tell me something is always faulty, remember I am a telepath as well. Behave yourself. You are dismissed Juni Daijinshi." She smoothed her hair back behind her ears again and returned to her computer pads.

After making a quick survey of the ship and checking up on the progress of repairs, Araiah stopped by Wazu's lab on the way to his quarters to check on Timdri. Opening the door, he smiled at the condition of the room. "Ya know, I think everything floating around actually helped you clean this place up a bit. At least it looks like you've got things sorted a bit."

Wazu chuckled slightly, "You may be right but I hope that doesn’t happen again."

"Not that way, at least," the shifter agreed. He looked about the room again, pausing at the cybernetic construct. He eyed it a second then nodded toward it. "What's that?"

"It is a new training dummy for Sgzyr This time it will fight back." Wazu replied then stifled a chuckle "I hope he won’t take it to hard when it beats him"

Araiah's eyes widened. "Beats him? How good is it supposed to be?"

"Very good. It should start a whole new line of weapons if it works right," Wazu said

"Could it beat you?"

"No" Wazu said with a smile, "I can’t be beat by something I made I’m to smart for that"

Araiah snorted. "Probably a safeguard mechanism, right? There is no way you can beat that lizard outside of a firefight. Not in hand-to-hand combat." He looked at it again, noting the design and construction. "Could it be a challenge for a neko?"

"It might be however It can’t adapt to battle field conditions as well leaving it vulnerable however given its firepower that shouldn‘t matter," Wazu said

"Firepower? What kind of firepower?"

"All the firepower you could ever need. It has a few. . .modifications from the run of the mill weapons," Wazu said.

Araiah shook his head. "I hope you don't plan on using that on-board the ship. I don't want to come back for a visit only to find we don't have a shuttlebay."

"Don’t worry about that. If this thing malfunctions there won’t be a ship left or for that matter we could lose a few light-years of space in all directions. I haven’t worked out all the possible effects yet."

"Does the term 'overkill' mean anything to you?" the shifter asked wryly. "What is it with you and total destruction? Even in a friendly spar you started waving around things that would have probably decapitated a human. And I don't think Chi would approve of something that could wipe this ship and crew from existence on board, especially if it is untested and possibly unstable."

"Most of the systems have been thoroughly tested elsewhere. Anyways as long as it is not on you and the crew aren’t in any danger." Wazu said

"Mmm." Araiah shrugged. "Congratulations on your promotion, by the way."

"Yes. Congrats to you too although I can’t say I’m happy to see you leaving the Yui"

Araiah remained silent, his expression became troubled, unsure.

"Well don’t tell me your going to start second guessing yourself now. Look how far you’ve come! It seems like only yesterday we were pulling you off the cats paw. Now you've been promoted to captin,"

The shifter shook his head. "I'm not fit for command. I never sought it, I didn't ask for it. Not only because I don't want it, but I don't know how to captain a ship in the first place."

"Well you got it. If Yui thinks your good enough you ARE good enough even if you don’t think so." Wazu said

"She had better be right."

"Have you ever know her to be wrong?"

Araiah smirked. "Doc, I've only known her for a short time. She hasn't had time to be wrong."

"So I guess I'm right then!" Wazu said triumphantly

"Yui doesn't rule the universe, however. It won't change the fact I've never had a command in my life. And here I'm just the pilot, I haven't made a command decision yet." Araiah shook his head. "All I want is a single-person vessel, is that so hard? I don't belong in this war. You should have been second in command in the first place, not me."

"Well you're a captain now. Can't you get a single person ship?"

The shifter leaned back against a counter, crossing his arms. "I've been assigned to a ship already. A frigate," he said, staring at the mechanized dummy. "How does one politely refuse a command? Somehow I don't think that happens every day..."

"Just send Yui a transmission or talk to Chi. I'm shure they would be happy to help you out."

"I need to talk to Chi anyway, but first I want to check on Timdri."

"Ok then I wonder how he faired after the gravity went out." Wazu thought out loud

"'It'. Timdri is a p....never mind. That doesn't matter here....Timdri's probably awake by now, and not very happy. Never liked space travel," said Araiah.

"..."

"Soooo... I guess I'll go now..." he added, turning to the door. "Thanks for the advice."

"Anytime. You know where to find me if you need more," Wazu said as he returned to his various experiments.

"Timdri, are you alright?" Araiah said, looking about his shared quarters for the creature. It chirped and waved from the other side of the room among a cloud of bedding. Araiah smiled and watched it glide over to him. "Building a fort, are we?" It nodded eagerly in response, then chittered something in its own rapid language.

"We were attacked by a race everyone calls 'Angels'." replied Araiah. Timdri tilted its head as if asking why; Araiah frowned. "We've been pulled to fight a battle between angels and the Empire, one that the Empire started as far as I can tell. I don't think we should be involved." The critter churred in agreement and hopped on its companion's shoulder.

Araiah smiled and snatched his satchel from the floor where it had fallen after drifting during the gravity loss and walked back over to his corner. Taking a book out of the bag he started writing furiously, finishing a page within twenty seconds...after all, he was expected back on duty in a few minutes, but there were things he had to get off his mind before he could go. "Now I know what I've gotten myself into...and I don't like it."

Once the newly promoted Taisho finished talking with Ritsu ,she decided that she needed to take a shower and then get back to work. Chi stood up and walked off the bridge, heading towards the woman's shower. Her mind was spinning with images and sounds of the recent attack and something else... memories of the incident perhaps? She didn't know what they were, all she knew was that the attack had rattled her.

She entered the shower and carefully removed her pistol belt, putting it on the bench before she unzipped the front of the soft snug uniform and stepped out of the overuniform, although, she still had the leggings and the mesh under shirt on. She looked at the uniform for a moment... there was a blood stain on it. She looked down at herself and noticed that there was something wrong, a blood stain on her side, close to her ribs. She calmly and quietly, removed the mesh undershirt and ran her hand over the spot where the stain had originated from.

There was no wound, only a blood stain were there had been a wound. She looked at the spot, confused by it. When had she recievied the injury? She couldn't remember feeling any pain...

Inari entered the women's baths and blinked a bit, seeing that the Taisho was just standing there looking puzzled, half undressed. "Chiharu-sempai wa dochirahe ka?"

Chiharu looked up at the Neko for a moment unsure of what to say. "I'm fine, thanks. Was the crew okay after the attack, they weren't hurt too badly were they?"

Inari felt that there was something bothering her captain but she could only hear the word "Chijio" repeating in Chiharu's mind. "Sempai, what's really bothering you? Are you worried about something?"

Chiharu looked at the Medical officer confused, did Inari see the blood? Chi looked down again and the blood stain was gone from both her skin and her uniform. She looked confused, what did it all mean? "I'm just a bit concerned how the crew will handle fighting the angels face to face after the attack.." The Taisho finished undressing and slipped into the warm water, rinsing the dried blood from her face and trying to clear her mind of the image of the blood.

Inari just shrugged with a sigh, "Sempai," She started to undress as well, "if you feel like you need to talk, please remember that we're here for you too. You are our captain and a foster mother to us as well as our friend. It's hard to be on your own so, if you need to get something off your chest, please let us know. We'd be more than happy to help you out.." The Medical officer finally slid into the water, sighing a bit as she felt her heat exchangers open and steam. "That feels nice after a long day.." Chiharu was compulsively washing the blood and dirt, long gone from her... she stopped as soon as Inari had entered the water as well.

"Thank you Inari, I appreciate your support." Chi offered the Neko a soft smile as she relaxed a bit, trying to clear her mind and purify herself of her doubts, her fears.

"Sempai, doesn't Ketsurui mean Tears of blood or bitter tears?"

"... yes, it does." Chiharu spoke quietly again, thinking that maybe that was why she had seen the blood. Maybe it was a vision of some kind? "I see you remember your Kanji." Chi's mind drifted off again and she saw images flash by her, she heard voices calling out things but the din was too loud, was the frigate crashing? Had they been attacked by the Angels again? The scenes were skipping around and when she opened her eyes she was in surrounded by cold bitter darkness, the taste of iron was heavy in her mouth and then she heard her name being called...

"Chiharu-sempai? Please wake up!" A frightened Inari slapped her captain hard across the face. And Chiharu blinked awake, looking a bit confused as to why Inari was looking scared.

"What's wrong Inari?"

Inari looked at Chi strangely, "Chiharu-sempai, you just spaced out and you weren't responding to my voice. I'm sorry I slapped you, but you scared me."

Chi just shrugged, "Sorry that I scared you, I just.. got lost in thought is all. I guess I'd better go back to work." She stood up again, her heat exchangers closing again as she exited the water and silently dressed. When she left, Inari just stared at her as she disappeared out the door.

"What just happened here?" Inari decided that looking into the Taisho's mind was a dangerous thing to do, there were many things there that both frightened and confused her. But were thus images that she saw in Chiharu's mind? Was it just symbolism for something or was it a memory? The answers were frightening and Inari decided to get dressed and go back to work as well.

As Chiharu smoothed back her slightly damp hair she pondered what she had seen, and shook her head as she cleared her mind again and focused on tactics. ~Once we board the Angel ship, what next? We'll need some help if we take on the Angels again.. But do I dare take Nashi onto the Angels' ship and risk her attacking the crew?~

Wazu was sleeping in his nest when he felt another person in the room. He quickly got up to find
A shadowy figure with two glowing red eyes staring at him. “You again?” He said “What is it this time?”

Meanwhile. . .

The door of the lab opened and then closed. The room was completely devoid of personnel at least it appeared that way Soft footsteps could be heard moving about the room looking for something. A data pad floated up into the air and then two purple eyes appeared and reviewed the text scrolling across the surface. ~So this is a Gama?~

The next day. . .

Uso walked into the Galley to find Wazu sitting at a table with a small glass and a chess board. He was half-heartedly playing against himself. Uso grabbed a drink and sat down across from him. “You know it is no fun to play with yourself like that. You need two people!” Uso said cheerfully.

Wazu shot her a annoyed look. “Funny. Did you want to join in?”

“Shure” Uso and Wazu then reset the board and began to play at first only moving pawns. “So why so glum?” Uso asked

“I think you know why” He said, “It is over, the whole thing.”

“What thing?”

“Don’t play dumb. I was told that last night they took out the gate and they removed the ops unit in this area.” Wazu said as he moved the last of his pawns into a diagonal line formation

“That isn’t a bad thing is it? For you at least you‘ll be free from them.” Uso replied as she moved a castle behind the pawn line

“It does look like the GSA will be free of their interference at least for a while. On top of that what will happen to the Gamas?”

“The Gamas?” Uso asked seemingly puzzled as she removed one of the pawns in the back with her castle

Wazu gave her a annoyed look “I know that you know you were planning on taking them weren’t you?” Wazu then took out her castle with a knight

“Not in the mood for the normal game are we?” She asked as she moved more of her pawns around, “I might have been but if I did there is nowhere to run to now. Why don‘t you give them to the GSA?”

The game continued in silence for almost half an hour.

“You know it will never truly be over.” Uso said breaking the silence.

“I guess your right.” Wazu said giving a small smile as he got up “I just hope I’ll be around to see how this all turns out.” Wazu then left the room leaving Uso alone. She looked down at the Chess board again. ~Stalemate~ Uso then got up and prepared to leave. She had to help plan the attack on the angel ship after all.

Acara was working on the starboard shield genorator when the artificial gravity came back on. Acara flattened slightly due to the extra pressure then expanded to far trying to compensate. Looking uncannily like a cartoon character hit with a mallet. It toke him a second to get his internal pressure right. ~Man, I hate that. I’m just glad no one saw it happen. Well at least this shield is up to 80% efficacy. Thirty more minutes and it should be optimal. Oh man, if Keenara hears about this I know she will be worried, but I can’t contact her until after the mission. I do feel sorry for Tomoyo though; this must be hard on her dieing and all, she being so young~. Acara laughed to himself. He was only fifteen himself, though his race reached maturity at the age of fourteen. He had always resented people treating him like a child because of his age. It was hard to hid it due to the fact he had no telepathic defenses, and he often lost him self in thought.

Twenty-six minutes later.

Acara was almost finished when Lavinia stuck her head in and greeted him. "Hello Juni Acara, congratulations on your promotion." She said cheerfully. “Thanks I did not see it coming though”. He said slowing in his work slightly. “We’ll just have to see how it turns out. There all done the starboard shield generator is up and running”. Acara looked over his work carefully. Everything seemed to be in order. “Well I guess I’ll go see Juni Kuru about anything else that is still damaged”. Then he stopped, it toke him a second but he realized that this last promotion made him Juni’s equal. “Oh great I hope she doesn’t start resenting me for this. I guess I’ll just have to go and clear a few things up”.

When Acara found Juni he waited a second to get her attention. When she finally turned to him he talked carefully choosing his word as he went. “Juni I need to talk to you. With this last promotion I became your equal, but I don’t know a thing about command. So if it is all right with you, I am to leave all the orders to you ok. Oh and by the way is the any more damage that needs repairing.

Kuru smiled suddenly at Acara's decline to take over her position as Chief Engineer. "If that's what you truly want Acara, but I can work with you on command if you'd like. As for what's still broken.." She looked over her "To Do" List. "Let's see, gravity is done, sensors are finally done, power is back up, engine is done, shields are now done, the ship already repaired the hull... hmm.. if you want you can check over the ship's weapon's systems to make sure they weren't damaged in the attack." Kuru smiled still, "By the way, congradulations on the promotion. And if you're interested... Tomoyo is out of the hemosynth tube if you want to talk to her."

Chiharu sat by herself in the galley; quietly contemplating what to she should do over a cup of Sake-coffee.

Wazu was wondering about the ship looking for Chi with a pressing question on his mind. ~Why am I the first officer now? ~ He thought to himself. He finally walked into the galley and found Chi sitting by herself. Wazu walked up to her and asked, "May I sit?"

Chi looked up with a soft smile. "Sure Wazu, take a seat. So what's up?" She smoothed her hair back behind her ears, looking over Wazu's face with a curious gleam to her eyes.

"It is just that . . ." Wazu paused for a moment unsure of what he was about to do "I don't know why I was promoted. It seems like I'm only here to fill the gap created by Araiah leaving."

Chi took a deep breath. "To tell the truth, I don't know why Araiah is leaving actually, but I do feel like you were ready to take the first officer's chair But, why do you feel like you were only promoted because Araiah is leaving?"

"Wazu, you can't feel guilty about the Yui taking damage in that sneak attack. And Aya... Aya isn't ready to take the first officer's chair. She's a good worker and an awesome linguist but she needs a lot more time before she can take the 2nd chair." She offered him a cup of her sake-coffee. "Would you like some?"

Wazu politely refused then let out a slight chuckle, "Only a little while ago I was having the same talk with Araiah but from the other side."

Chi smiled softly. "So you are feeling better about taking the 2nd chair then?" She sipped her sake-coffee from her coffee mug before setting it down again.

"Well either way I don't have much choice so I guess I'll have to do the best I can" Wazu said.

"Before you know it you'll have command of your own ship instead of just designing them Wazu." She smiled brightly again before she drank her sake-coffee again.

Wazu thought about it for a short time before answering, "I think that is the point. I'm worried about leaving everyone that I know here and starting over again."

"Why are you afraid to leave to start over?" She took a sip of her coffee again, she had always figured humans to want to go out and make new beginnings.

"I haven't had a good history with new starts." Wazu said, "I always screw them up."

"Why do you say that?"

"A long time ago I was given a fresh unit of tech-guard way back when I was still with the Adapitus Mechanicus. We were in a three way training op the plan was to hide until the other two teams had depleted their resources fighting each other."

"Adapitus Mechanicus?" Chi blinked a bit confused as she took another sip of her coffee.

"Think of it like star army research but from where I come from." Wazu said, "Anyways we holed up in a ruined building a few clicks away from the main battle."

"Where are you from?"

"Mars the fourth planet from our star, Sol," Wazu replied

"The whole squad was green and our position was covered by snipers from certain angles. I lost three men before we even knew what was going on. The snipers were well trained and I lost half of my men before we were able to silence them."

"So you're afraid of failing your squad again? But you guys were ambushed by snipers, how could you be at fault?"

"I chose the building we were hiding in. I didn't look for the snipers when I should have. Because of that . . ." Wazu trailed off lost in his memories.

"Why did you chose that particular building? What was so special about it that made you decide to hold out there?"

"In recon pics it seemed like a good location away from everything with only a few access points. Good for defense or at least that is what I thought. When we arrived, the building was missing many parts of roof that gave our attackers perfect fire arcs into my troops."

"Was the roof damage when you scouted out the building?"

"Yes but it wasn't much of a concern at the time we were already on site and they shouldn't have known we would be in there."

"They should never know where you'll be, but you have learned from that experience to never expect that they never know? Paranoia is actually your friend?"
"I know that the lives lost can never be replaced with lessons, sorrow or guilt but, I also know that the only thing that you really can do is make sure that it never happens to your people again but not making the same mistake twice... "

"I guess you're right." Wazu said

Chi offered him a sympathetic smile that gave him the impression that she understood how he felt. "Are you sure that you wouldn't like a cup of this? It has just the right amount of kick to it to keep you awake and somewhat sober all at the same time." She winked, joking as she took another sip of her coffee.

"I could use some of that now," Wazu said as he got up and poured himself a cup of the same beverage and then sat back down. "I thought you should know that only 5 of my men survived that attack. In the end, they had mounted a frontal assault and grenades came in through the windows, they caught us by surprise. Fortunately, the area was carpet bombed by imperial ships forcing both sides to withdraw."

"That's horrible, but at least there were survivors. The past is something we cannot change; it only leaves us with a bitter taste of blood, sweat, and tears in our mouths. You are not alone in what has happened though." She paused, taking a sip as an image of her own garbled past danced past her eyes.

Wazu took a sip of the drink too, "Thanks" he said "for everything. If you need someone to talk to you know where to find me."

Chi smiled again, "Your welcome Wazu and thank you too. Friends and confidants are the most important things I can have." She took another sip of her coffee again, "What do you think of the coffee?"

"It is... interesting. I've never had alcohol before."

"Sake is an interesting drink, it's rice wine. An old friend of mine introduced me to the recipe when I was still a Chui." She smoothed her hair back behind her ears as she took another sip, finally draining the mug before getting up and refilling it again.

"Well I think I've wasted enough of you're time" Wazu said as he got up and headed for the door. "Thank you"

"You weren't wasting my time Wazu, but I will talk to you later then." She nodded to him as he walked off. ~He's still going to feel guilty about what happened no matter I say... I might have made him think that I didn't care. ~

Wazu entered his quarters and pulled out an old dusty data pad from his belongs that were scattered about the floor and began reviewing the pictures inside. They were of his old unit before the battle, "Never again", he said to himself.

Ritsurin and Geminasu had made it to the bridge, and found things to be a bit roughed up, but things were okay over all. Chiharu took a moment to speak to Ritsurin, and Geminasu was dismissed.

As he returned to his quarters he recalled overhearing that the Yui may make an attempt to board the angel ships.

Thinking to himself ~I should try to debrief myself on the Angels before we strike. What I don't know about them might prove to be a costly mistake.

Geminasu had come up to the nest room and he proceeded to enter. He quickly finished reorganizing his things and then sat down to update himself on the Angels.

While reading, his datapad started to blinking. Quickly picking it up he found that he had recieved a notice from someone he knew.

~Oh, god. Just before we attempt to board an angel ship they decide to come along. Just what I need, I told them I'd be fine but no, they're on their way here.

Staring at ceiling, he thought ~Well it would be nice to see him again, its sure been a long time since that day we escaped from the labs. But why would he let her come here? I told her I'd be fine and that she could just wait back at home for me. Then again I could never get her to leave my side for long anyway......

~I'll kick myself if I forget that Chiharu's a telepath again.~ Ritsurin thought as he watched her leave the bridge. Where was she going? He didn't know, and it wasn't his business to know. He turned around and walked off the bridge, heading for the male security quarters to feed Siaga.

~You know what, I'm glad Lavinia brought Siaga aboard, it's good to have someone whom you can empathize with.~ He thought as he walked. When he reached the quarters, Siaga came bounding up to him. The baby wolf sat down and looked up at Ritsurin with wondering eyes. Ritsurin looked at the little puppy, and kneeled down to Siaga's level. Siaga jumped up onto Ritsu's lap and began to lick his chin.

"You're hungry huh, little buddy? Let's go see if Lavinia brought any food for you." Ritsurin said to the little wolf; he scooped him up and walked out. Ritsurin walked down the hallway, looking for Lavinia and petting Siaga at the same time. "Two noses searching for her? No Siaga, it wouldn't work, nekos don't produce a scent. Actually...Lavinia DOES wear a light perfume that allows me to smell her out, she must've gotten it from human females." Ritsurin sighed, recieving a message from Siaga. The wolf could share his thoughts with Ritsurin, though Ritsu couldn't figure out why.
He laughed as he got another probing thought from the wolf.

"No, it's not mating season; I'm just looking for her to ask her where your food is. Besides, last time I did that, I got in trouble for it." He said to the wolf as he walked.
Siaga began to howl, which was the normal way for wolves to communicate. Ritsurin merely smiled as thought about joining in, as he was, in a way, a wolf too. But then he realized just how silly it'd look sound like to hear both of them howling, not to mention how awkward it would be for Ritsu to explain himself to anyone who saw him. At the moment though, he didn't care and joined Siaga in howling, sounding just like an older wolf.

~!...?~ Lavinia thought as she heard the sounds rip through the air.
~Sounds like Siaga's hungry, but who's that howling with him? Nevermind, I know who it is.~ She thought, smiliing.

Lavinia hurried toward the sounds, to find Ritsurin and Siaga howling. She smiled as she watched Ritsu make a fool out of himself, which was rather unusual, because whenever she saw him, he was always serious. She ran over and hugged him, just to surprise the mess out of him.

"Arwoooooooooo! Wha....? Oh brother." Ritsurin said as Lavinia hugged him and let go.

She smiled at him, obviously trying hard to suppress a laugh.

"...um...we were looking for you." He said, blushing in embarassment.

"I know, and probably so does everyone else on the ship, one wolf howling is loud enough...but two of you make quite a racket." She said, breaking out into laughter.

Ritsurin's face marks blazed as he tried to stop blushing. "I was wondering it you brought anything to feed this guy." He explained, pointing to the baby wolf at the same time.

"Of course I did silly, I wouldn't let him starve. It should be on your nest where I left it." Lavinia said, still chuckling.

"I didn't see or smell anything." He said with a brow raised. "And I can't get it from yours."

"That's right. Come with me and I'll get it." Lavinia stated. "But, for your own good, wait outside."

The three of them walked back to where her nest was, to get the wolf's food. "You boys stay here...SIT...STAY!" She said jokingly.

Both Ritsurin and Siaga sat down leaning against the wall. Ritsu didn it just to play along with what Lavinia had said. She disappeared into the female security quarters for a minute, then came back out bearing a little bit of food.

"It's best if you hemosynth some fresh meat for him every now and then, but this stuff's good for him too." Lavinia explained.

"I'm aware of that." Ritsurin replied dryly.

"Well, I've got to finish my patrols, take some food back to your nest." She said getting a small bag of food and handing it to him. "I'll see you later handsome." She said. She kissed him on the cheek and left to complete her duty. Ritsurin watched her go, then turned to head for his nest to put the food in there with his stuff. After putting the food away, Ritsu made his way to the medbay to get some clones made using his DNA. He didn't want to, but cloning Lavinia would lead to problems later on, cloning Geminasu would be a nightmare, and goddess-knew where Sgzyr was.

~I'll have to make the clones as human as possible, which means I'll have to lower the demonblood down to minimal levels and replicate more human DNA.~ He thought as he walked down the hallway, with Siaga following him docilely.

Tomoyo sat in the Engineering room, zipping up a GSA Tech Jumpsuit over her normal uniform. She yawned a bit; the re-spawning had left her a little disoriented.

As Acara left he decided to go see Tomoyo. She was just brought back and he wanted to see if she was all right. When he entered he saw that she was awake. "Good morning, glad to see you are back. You had me worried for a while there".

Tomoyo smiled, "Thank you for your concern, and I'm glad that I had my memory backed up. I'm also glad that I could have been brought back." She paused a bit, pulling her curly hair back up into a bun. "I take it the repairs are going well?"

"Ha ha, yes they are pretty much complete. The engine, gravity, and shields were damaged pretty badly, but we got them back online. Do you need anything? You look a little off".

She shook her head, "I'm okay, just a little disoriented is all. I heard stories about what it was like to be re-spawned… but I don't remember anything after my memory was backed up." She took a deep breath, closing her eyes for a moment. "From the new insignia I see that you got a promotion while I was in the tube. Congratulations Juni Acara." She smiled again, adjusting her uniform insignia a bit.

"Oh this thing". Looking down at his pin. "Well, it was not my idea but I guess it is an occupational hazard. I really don't want it. I was never that good at giving commands, but you do what you are told right?”

"Right. But why don't you want to be a NCO? It means someone thought you have been doing a good job." She pulled some sort of wrapped bar from her pocket and unwrapped it a bit, munching on it.

"I guess you are right. I just get uneasy giving orders. I feel I don't have the right to authority". Acara laughed at himself. "I sound like a child, don't I"?

Tomoyo smiled softly again, "You just sound unsure of yourself, having doubts doesn't mean you are juvenile. But you are still what, 14? So don't worry about it too much, you'll get the hang of it." She stretched a bit, rewrapping the bar and putting it back into a pocket of the jumpsuit. "In my opinion, being a good leader requires experience in both your field and in leadership. And leadership is really something you have to figure out for yourself, sure, lessons and such help but books are books and leadership is different to every person so it's really subjective. But, sometimes doubt lets you know that you're ready to improve yourself... if you always think you are the best then you don't allow yourself to learn anything new in order to progress... so you don't grow." She stopped a bit and blushed softly because she realized that she must sound like a know it all. "Sorry, if I'm coming off as a know it all…"

Acara laughed. "No, what is funny is that I came here to make sure you were alright, and I end up getting advice. Thanks; by the way, if you need anything, like a break, just ask ok? I don’t rest much so I have a lot of free time between shifts".

She nodded again, smiling sheepishly. "Your welcome... I'll be sure to ask if I need anything though." She scratched the back of her neck for a moment. "Is there anything that needs to be worked on?"

"I'm heading for the ship's weapons systems to look them over. You can come if you want. Things go faster with two people working on them". Acara relaxed visibly, his features becoming smoother.

She nodded, "Ok, I'll go help you then. I really want to make myself useful since I didn't get to help out much after the attack."

"Sounds good". Acara left the med-bay and headed for the weapons systems. When he got there he began to slowly work his arms through the systems, checking as he went.

Tomoyo followed Acara and started to examine the instruments and read outs once they reached the Weapons Systems. "Have any idea what's wrong with the systems or is it just a check up?"

"This is just a check up to make sure nothing was damaged. We got hit hard". As he moved he found some damaged wires and quickly replaced them. A small tendril stretched from his back and picked up some spare wire for him to use.

"Let me cut the juice on that circuit before you replace it, last thing you need is to get zapped..." She nodded again, quickly typing something into the control console to temporarily disable the circuit Acara was replacing.

“Thanks you spared me the trouble of concentrating on another tendril". Acara replaced the wires and continued along the system. "See anything Tomoyo"?

She quickly glanced over the instruments again, "From the look of it, the Weapons System got a little fried from the attack... there are a few missing connections so, there's probably a few more loose wires. I think they are around the same area as the circuit you’re replacing now."

"Ok let me see if I can find them". As Acara probed deeper his lower puddle began to shrink. "Ah here they are". He said as he reached back for some more wire.

She continued to run checks over the weapons systems, temporarily shutting off the power to the circuits that connected with the missing connections. "Other than that, the WS has a clean bill of health."

"Great. I guess that is all then". He said as he pulled out of the computer. Then he paused for a second. "Can I trust you with something"? He asked slightly concerned.

She reconnected the power once Acara was clear. "Sure, what's up" She looked over to Acara once she had finished re-establishing the connections

Acara produced a pod that looked strangely like that of a young flower. "I need you to take care of this. If my current body is destroyed, my awareness will be transferred to this pod and I'll have to start all over again. I'm sure you can see the reason I can't keep it on me, and I most certainly don't want it in the wrong hands". He said as he offered it to Tomoyo.

Tomoyo blinked a bit and then slowly nodded, "Sure, I'll watch it for you. Do I have to do anything in particular to care for it? Do I have to water it or anything?"

Acara laughed. "No, just make sure it is not smashed or destroyed. It seem all is well here so I'll see you later". Acara shuddered. "I need another bath. I can't stand impurities".

She smiled softly again, gently taking the pod from Acara. "Okay, I'll make sure that it's safe."

"Well, see you later".

"Ok, I'll see you later. " She nodded again. "I'll just run a couple more checks here then to make sure I reconnected the circuits correctly."

Araiah idly tapped the console in front of him. A stream of data recorded by sensors scrolled on the screen of a data pad held in his other hand; over the symbols and text of the sensors played the visual log of the skirmish. Surely there was something that he should have seen that would have warned of the ambush before it occurred, but so far he wasn't seeing it.

-log replay complete. situation analysis in progress.-

He nodded to himself, the screen of the pad cleared and began to flicker like an epileptic's nightmare as all possible permutations of the encounter were played. Dozens of them had the GSS Yui coming out without a scratch, but the events that lead up to those resolutions were completely outside the bounds of probability for happening spontaneously... in other words, they would have been lucky shots. None of them were dependent on decisions made by the crew, several depended on a specific particle hitting the sensors at just the right time. After a couple of hours, Araiah rubbed his eyes and the screen went black as he disconnected from it, setting it on the Nav station in front of him. Probabilities were hard on even his mind when he had to think of them long enough.

His orange eyes were less intense than usual, his gaze easily distracted as he glanced around at the rest of the bridge crew. Everyone was intently tending to their duties, working together to repair the damage. While everyone focused on repairs, he had analyzed the battle. While he knew it was futile to go to "what-ifs" to re-write the past, he also knew that those "what-ifs" could prevent the same mistake being made in the future. And it distracted him from his current dilemma.

The shifter's mind drifted as he relaxed his eyes, noting the small distortions as his eyes lost focus...and then, everything came into focus.

-memory file accessed...replay. [Clear sailing....Araiah watched the panel intently, noting small variations in space, but nothing looked like anything] end file-

Small variations...

-display sensor logs from 5 seconds before the first impact- he thought to the data pad as he grabbed it. The screen lit up again as he touched it and information was displayed in fast forward until he came to the spot in question. There...That's where he went wrong. Heh, where he went wrong was sometime before this, but that wasn't what he wanted to think about just then. Or did he?

Did he want to help these people? He wanted to know more about these angels...they couldn't be what he knew, right?

Something whispered inside his mind, cutting through the constant static of subconscious thoughts, a voice he knew personally from times past: "...for Evil himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness...." That was all he needed; Araiah looked up from his console at the bridge around him.

"Hey Meg, you busy? I think I know what happened."

Wazu was in the lab preparing a EVA (external vehicular activity) suit for the boarding action against the angel ship

While Ritsurin was on his patrol, he walked past Wazu's office and looked in. "Wazu? What are you working on now?"

"Right now nothing. . .Oh ya! I've been meaning to give you this" Wazu said as walked over to a pile of mechanical stuff and rummaged through it

What's this?" Ritsurin said, as he walked in and looked at it; with Siaga in tow.
~No, Siaga it's likely not food.~ Ritsu sent back to the wolf puppy.

Wazu pulled out a sheathed sword and handed it to Ritsu, "This is called suspensor blade" He said," you might want to try it out on the angels."

"Whoa!! Cool! What's it do?" Ritsurin said while looking at the sword.

"Turn it on!" Wazu said as he pointed to a small switch on the hilt of the weapon.

~Huh?~ Ritsurin thought. Heeding Wazu's suggestion, Ritsurin turned it on... As Ritsu flipped the switch the weapon suddenly became much lighter in his hands to the point where it was weightless and then projected a small blue field around the tip of the weapon.

~!!!!~ Ritsurin thought. "This is good! nice work Wazu, though I prefer Katanas or Nodaches. This is good enough though." Ritsurin said. He stepped back away from Wazu and swung the blade around some. "Wow, it's so light! How'd you do it?"

"The blade has a built in suspensor unit that reduces the gravitational pull on the weapon." Wazu said "It also has a built in molecular disruption field. It can cut right through steel without much effort,"

"Well in that case I'd better sheath it, or risk slicing the hull open and having both Chiharu and Megami punishing me." Ritsurin said, sheathing the weapon and brushing a bit of hair out of his face.

Wazu palm slapped his face as he saw the weapon cut right through the sheath, "It helps if you turn it off first," He said.

Ritsurin noticed that the sheath was sliced open. "Oh shit..." He muttered as he turned it off. "Wazu? can you fix this?"

"Yes," Wazu said as he chuckled to himself.

"Phew, thanks. By the way, do you want to help me and my team raid the angel's ship?" Ritsurin said.

"Shure," Wazu replied," I need to go over their and keep an eye on Uso anyways. She can be unstable at times"

"Uso is an Intel officer. Isn't she?" Ritsurin asked with a raised eyebrow, playing with his long sideburns some.

"Yes, well, at least last time I looked. She has funny habit of changing when your not looking," Wazu replied

"Lavinia's like that sometimes. Hey, where is your little panther?" Ritsurin asked.

"It is up there somewhere," Wazu said as he pointed to some of the shelves put up on the walls.

"Just so long as he/she doesn't decide to chew on my hair." Ritsurin said. He looked around to see it, glaring at him. "That's REALLY unnerving, you know that?" He added.

"I wouldn't know" Wazu said as he did not have very long hair.

Ritsurin grunted under his breath. "I see that you made Chusa. I wish I could get that far... but I can't seem to do anything without pissing Chiharu off." He stated.

"You will someday; maybe sooner than you think." Wazu replied.

"Hopefully." Ritsurin replied.

Wazu shrugged and then said, "Frag enough angels and your shure to get promoted."

Ritsurin grinned, looking very evil. "That's a given...heh heh heh."

"Just leave some for the rest of us and remember that we need the ship IN ONE PIECE! At least until we are done"

"But for some reason, I have a bad feeling about this though." Ritsurin said sounding worried, which was unusual for him.

"I won't destroy the ship, merely kill it's occupants." Ritsurin grinned.

"Just remember who is on who's side." Wazu said, "It will be important later on."

"Yeah, it will, I won't kill any Yui crew, so don't worry." Ritsurin said.

"You might have to," Wazu said under his breath

"What!!???? Why is that?" Ritsurin said taking a step back.

"Do I have permission to...uh...*makes slitting motion across throat* If she betrays us?" Ritsurin asked, still worried

"NO!" Wazu said

"Fine, I won't, but I may have to do something to restrain her if she endangers any other of our crew. I know you like her, and it's not personal, but the safety of the crew rules over the feelings of one person, no offense." Ritsurin said.

"That is ok but DON'T kill her!" Wazu said

"I swear to you that I won't. And I have never broken a vow, and I don't intend to start now." Ritsurin said.

"Good" Wazu said felling a little relieved.

"No need to worry my friend, I'll make sure she's safe." Ritsurin said

"Thanks." Wazu replied

“What do you think? Do you think Alexis will leave?" Ritsurin asked looking a bit sad, as he liked the kid.

"He probably will, but I think he will still stay nearby," Wazu said.

"That's good. I really respect him. He's a good officer." Ritsurin said.

"Ritsu, you're worrying about someone other than yourself and me?" Lavinia asked from behind Ritsu.

"Wha..? Uh...Yeah, it's not a crime is it?" He asked without turning around.

"It depends on your rank," Wazu said while laughing.

"And what does that mean?" Ritsu asked.

"It means you should take steps to prevent annoying Chi again." Wazu said

Ritsurin took the sword and strapped it to his back. "Oh yeah" He said, blushing somewhat.

"Here" Wazu said smiling as he handed the newly repaired sheath to Ritsurin.

"Oh thanks, damn I feel stupid" Ritsurin said as Lavinia walked out.

Wazu returned to whatever he was doing in the lab "All that for little old me?" Uso said from her spot leaning against the wall adjacent to the Lab.

“Huh?" Ritsu said turning to look at Uso.

"Wazu is lying to you" She said.

"M'lady...? He was?" Ritsurin asked looking confused.

"Have you seen what he is working on? He is planning on removing the entire crew." She said.

"If I'm right. she'll be dead before she knows what is going on. I can hack into Wazu's files from the angel ship when we go over and find out what he is REALLY doing." She said," just keep him off my back long enough and try and remember who the good guys are." Uso said as she walked off back to her room.

“Wazu! Is that true? No lies now." He said holding up his claws.

"I see Uso's lies got to you faster than I thought" Wazu said

"I am loyal to Ketsurui Chiharu, and I will kill anyone who harms her." Ritsurin said..." He lowered his weapons," I dont know who to believe...I'm....sorry Wazu." He apologizes

"That is often the problem," Wazu said “The lies often cloud the truth”

"Well you're higher rank than Uso, so I'll believe you for now..." Ritsurin said. "I'm going to start reading your and Uso's minds from now on... for the sake of security, will you allow me to?"

"Go ahead and try Uso and I are both good enough at mental defense so I give you no guarantees." Wazu said, "Also try not to get killed while your looking around up here." Wazu said as he pointed to his head.

"Well, I 'll have to try... It's my job." Ritsurin said. He concentrated, trying to read Wazu's thoughts. Ritsurin found Wazu's mental mindscape and saw a endless plain of gray. "This is called the blank mind defense." Wazu said

Ritsurin growled as he broke through that defense, even as difficult as it was...

"Damn, Nice very nice" he complimented Wazu.

As Ritsurin pushed through the defense he reached a nother layer. He was suspended in the air above a massive swirling storm a young child was sitting with his legs over a invisible edge looking down at the storm.

Ritsurin floated down mentally to the child, ~ who are you? and what is this?~

Without turning to look at Ritsurin the child spoke," This part is my mind; so calm, so quiet, you can tell the future just by looking at that." He said as he pointed to the storm.

"We'll see about that..." Ritsurin looked into the storm.

~This is chaos!~ Ritsurin pushed further into the storm to attempt to make out something.

" I wouldn't suggest that if I were you!" the child said "The storm enveloped Ritsurin until a figure dressed in a suit of black padded leather appeared.

~Wazu, let me see something...~ Ritsurin stops and looks at the figure "Another defense huh?"

"No not really I'm stuck down here for now" the figure said.

"Who are you?" Ritsurin asked, his face is a wolfish snarl.

"Help me back up there and I'll show you." The figure replied.

"Are you a danger to us?" He asked "I don't know if I can trust you..." He growled.

"You can’t.” the figure said as it lunged at Ritsurin and attempted to impale him on a row of spikes appearing in his hand.

Ritsurin dodged out of the way and slashed at the figure with his claws.

The claws simply stopped in the air, "You really think you can hurt me in MY mind" The figure laughed.

"I don’t expect to but I must defend myself and possibly everyone else, including Wazu from you." Ritsu said leaping backwards.

"Maybe you can but can you save him from yourself?" The figure caused several chains to appear out of nowhere and entangle Ritsirin.

Ritsurin whirled severing the chains in several places, then launched himself toward the figure executing a complex claw combo.

"Hmmm you’re mind is harder to enslave than I thought" The figure said as he tried it again this time with twice as many chains in his attack.

Ritsurin executed the same defense, severing the chains in more places this time. "You know that isn't work." Ritsurin said, giving the figure a level gaze.

"It wasn't supposed to," the figure said as several hundred sharp poles came flying down at amazing speed and were about to impale Ritsurin.

Ritsurin jumped up, leaping from pole to pole until he is above them. "I fought for control of my mind before, you're only 3rd rate." He said laughing.

"Me maybe, but what about you're girlfriend," The figure said Ritsurin could feel a tugging at his mind as the figure attempted to use it to hack into the minds of everyone else around him.

Ritsurin leveled a dangerous stare at the figure. His blood red eyes glowed with a ominous aura. "I won't allow you to do that!" He then launched into a full battle assault, drawing on his demon blood to enhance his abilities. His rage beyond bounds.

"What the hell are you doing down there?" Wazu said from up above although Ritsurin couldn't see where it was coming from. The figure jumped up into the air and formed a massive energy cannon and fired it at Ritsurin.

Ritsurin dodged to side and continued his assault, moving at a speed that made him appear to be in several places at once.

"You're an annoying one aren’t you?" the figure said as he fired again and then pulled out a set of gruesome looking swords adorned with various poisons and sharp barbs.

Ritsurin looks at the figure annoyed. "You're not worth my time." He then returned to the center of the storm.

Ritsurin found Wazu and the kid standing on the invisible pathway, "so What did you find in there?"

"I don't know, a homicidal madman with serious mental trauma." Ritsurin explained in an offhand way.

"so he is still in there somewhere?" Wazu said then shrugged "oh well"

"Who the hell was he?" Ritsurin asked, his eyes narrowing.

" A very angry version of me." Wazu said, "it is best just to ignore IT"

"No, it's not better to ignore him, that won't solve a thing. You must either destroy him or seal him permanently. He is a danger to everyone if he gets loose." Ritsurin said sternly to Wazu.

"I've been trying to for years unfortunately he is a part of me and to kill him could do the same to me" Wazu replied.

"Then, that may be what it takes; unfortunately. But, if he comes out and tries to hurt any crew, I will kill both of you, understand?

"And I thought threatening a superior officer was a court marshal offence," Wazu said jokingly.

"If it will save more lives, I will gladly accept a court martial." Ritsurin said stoically.

"Don't worry about him I've kept him in there for years so I'm not to worried about him getting out" Wazu said

"Remember what I said, I was not joking." Ritsurin said, turning to leave. "By the way, thanks for the blade."

"I know and you're welcome," Wazu said, "now I think it is time for you to go."

"Bye" Ritsu said.

Akari had not even finished hemosynthing the Neko clones that Juni Kuru had requested when Juni Daijinshi dropped off his order and a sample of his DNA to get cloned. She looked strangely at the Juni as he dropped off the things and then headed out, returning to his duties.

She sighed to herself, "Oh well, not much I can do right now." She put the DNA sample into her computer system and ran a anaylsis of the sample, manually looking for specific chromsomes and chemicals that would be best suited for a mentally and physically sound human from this half-demon's DNA.

Inari still hadn't returned from the baths yet, so Akari sat alone in the Medbay with a partially formed Neko in a tube to keep her company. She felt empty being alone in the medlab by herself, but she didn't feel lonely... just.. unfulfilled somehow. She mentally worked over the DNA, trying to reform it into something usable without any of the Demon DNA remaining.

There was something missing when she removed the Demon DNA. Akari could sense that something wouldn't be right with the Clones if she continued with this course of action. This path had to be abandoned and began again.

She sat for hours, working out the equations in her mind and testing the simulated data against logical results. She worked long into the evening, so long that both of Juni Kuru's Techs were completed before she was able to finish working with Ritsu's DNA.

The Neko clones sat outside the tube on a bench in the medbay with their eyes closed and naked because they hadn't been activated yet.

Inari entered the lab and stared at her friend in amazement. "Akari, Kuru's techs are done, why haven't you activated them yet?" Inari had tried to understand Akari's mind but had found it a mess with probablities and equations.

"Nari, could you activate them and send them to the Tech nest to meet Kuru? I'm trying to work on Ritsu's request for more sentries.. using the human-demon DNA sequence is faulty, and removing the demon element or the human element will only weaken them as a whole.." Akari went back off into her thoughts and her equations, leaving Inari confused.

"Ok, Kari.. I'll just go get them uniforms and such.." Inari frowned, she wanted to help Akari with her work but Akari always drifted off into a void whenever she encountered a problem. One of these days, Inari had decided to get herself prgrammed with the same amount of medical programs as Akari. but that was a long way away. After she got the Nekos up and running, she took them out of the Medbay, once again leaving Akari alone with her work.

After several hours of possibilities and equations, Akari found the missing link, there was a recessive strait that had surfaced once the halves were seperated. She quickly reworked the DNA to fix the problem..

A woman, more like a girl, emerged from the hemosynth tube once the process had ended. She opened her eyes and looked at the Neko curiously. "Who am I?" The words were difficult coming from the girl's mouth, she didn't appear to be more than 10 years old but she was 5ft tall and oddly.. she had long crimson locks that fell down to her waist and her features were Asian but with piercing green eyes.

Akari appraised the girl curiously, "Who do you think you are?"

"I am.. a Ookami...?"

"Do you remember anything else?" Akari soothed, trying to help her try to remember.

"I am someone's Tekuragari." The girl nodded firmly, trying to think it through. "But.. who is... "

"Don't worry," The medic interupted the girl, "everything will come to you soon. But first, I'll get you some clothes. I don't think I'll make your sisters just yet." Akari smiled softly to herself, glad that she found the answer to the riddle. Of course, the girl would have to remember everything that she needed to know to function but first she would have to come to the realization of what she was first. For, now she'd have to find the girl a uniform and work her through this step of her life.

As Ritsurin left Wazu's office, he tried to read Uso's mind.

Ritsurn finds himself in another mindscape but this time It is full of data floating in and then out with Uso at the center of the multiple flows. she didn't seem to notice Ritsurin entering.

"Uso. I need to know the truth here, is Wazu really planning to kill us all?" Ritsurin said to her.

"I told you earlier I don't know exactly what he is up to I need to gain acsess to his files onboard the Yui," Uso replied

"Well, then; what do you know?" He questioned

"He isn't building weapons for the GSA," she said, "And I'm going to need you're help to prove it."

"Who is he building them for?" He asked seriously.

"That I do not know," Uso replied, "But I doubt that they plan to use the weapons for peacekeeping,"

"Do you have any evidence, that's a serious accusation Uso." He said to her.

"That is what I'm trying to get,"

"Inform Chiharu about this, if it pans out to be true, Wazu's in major trouble." Ritsurin said, his eyes narrowed dangerously.

"I wouldn't do that," She said, "I also think he has a backup plan, a fail safe of some type."

"Hold on, I must ask you, where do your loyalties lie?" He asked.

"With the GSA of course. I am a NH-7 you know." Uso replied

"True, sorry for doubting you, could you give an educated guess on Wazu's?" He asked.

"Wazu. . . .He is loyalties are also with the GSA or at least that is what he would tell you if you asked, but I don't know who he is working for."

"At the very worst, he's working for the Nerimians." Ritsurin said

"I doubt that." She said, "Wazu barely knows who the Nermians are and they don't have the level of technology he has been given."

"What has he been given, as far as you know?" He asked, sounding very concerned.

"From what I can tell the new bot he has created is called a Gama. It has its own TTD and is a two part weapons system. I don't know how he got a TTD that small or where the second part is, but I plan to find out." She said

"Gama....Gama... that doesn't sound like a GSA product..." Ritsurin pondered.

"Neither does Ritsurin," She said jokingly

"I'm not from Geshrintall, first of all, second; this is too serious an issue to tell jokes." He said in an irratated tone.

"Whatever you say." She replied

Ritsurin grunted. "Uso, Wazu could be dangerous; especially now...wouldn't you agree?" He asked..

"He won't attack us until he feels thretened," She said, "However if I can hack his files I can shut him down before he becomes a threat."

"And you can't do that on the Yui? Ask Megami for help." Ritsurin advised.

"You think one as paranoid as Wazu haddent thought of that alredy? as I said he has fail-safes." She replied

"That isn't good...we could tear the computer system up, figuratively, and still not find anything huh? Are you expecting to do it from the Angel ship?" He wondered.

"He couldn't have bypassed the systems on that ship yet so I should be able to use their sensor array to hack into his computer." She replied

Ritsurin nodded. " You know, I had to fight an evil Wazu in his mind."

"He is still around eh?" She asked.

"Yeah, man, he was easy to beat off at least for a little while. He tried to hack my mind and use me to enslave Lavinia." Ritsurin said to Uso

"Yep that is him." she replied, "What about the kid, is he sill there?"

"Yeah, nice guy he is." Ritsurin said nodding.

"Just wait 'till he gets going." She said a little annoyed, "He can tell the future. He said something about how he figured out the universe or something he has a bad habbit of telling everyone what they are going to do next."

"Hmm I may be able to use him to find out what's going to happen" Ritsurin pondered.

"You can try," She said, "Wazu has to keep both of them locked up in order to keep control of his body."

"I got through once, I can do it again." Ritsurin said, sounding confident.

"But that dosen't mean that they will be willing to help." she replied.

"I may have to force him then, non violently of course; you can't beat someone in their own mind." He said

"He won't like that," she said

"If it will save lives, I don't care what he thinks..." Ritsu said frowning.

"Your morals are admerable thinking about other people before you." she said

"Why thank you." He said, bowing gracefully.

"Just watch my back when we got on that ship," she said, "I'm going to need all the help I can get."

"I'll be careful. I'm going to try to coerce some info from the kid." Ritsurin said.

"Just one more thing before you go," She said, "If worse comes to worse . . .don't kill him."

"He said the same about you." Ritsurin smiled. "I'll contact you if I find anything ok?"

"Ok thanks," Uso said seeming a bit more relieved now.

"Bye" He said as he left her mind.
Ritsurin concentrated and got into Wazu's mind. "Wazu, let me in please." He pushed through his blank mind defense and went in deeper.

"Ritsurin?" Wazu said, "What the. . .?" he thought as he felt the intrusion into his mind.

"I'm here to see your child form." He said as he moved to the storm and stopped near the kid.

"I told you he was going to come here." The child said

"Hey kid, Uso told me that you can see into the future, now what do you see in relation to this upcoming assignment. Please tell me if you know anything." He said.
"It's very important." He added.

The child started to laugh. "Well if you really want to know." the child said," The Yui will probably be damaged in your attack on the angel ship"
"Will I be able to save the ship?" Ritsurin asked.

"It really all depends on what you do."

"Any casualties from what you know?" Ritsurin asked.

"It is funny that the fate of so many will be in the hands of a Juni who bearly grasps the situation he is in!"

"What!? You mean I will be responsible for everyone on this ship?" Ritsurin said, shocked.

"And then some," the child replied
"Well I'm sorry but telling you any more would ruin my fun!" the child replied

"One more thing, I have a feeling that Uso's right. I'm going to help." Ritsurin said.

"Just remember what you've been told" the kid replied

As Ritsurin walked out of the Science office after probing Wazu's and Uso's minds, he decided to check in on the clones he requested.

Akari sat in the medbay, quietly talking to the now clothed unnamed clone. The girl was still a bit ackward and couldn't remember anything yet, but Akari tried to mentally soothe the girl's fears and doubts away.

Ritsurin picked up a strange scent. ~That must be a new clone.~ He thought. ~Akari, are any clones ready?~ He sent telepathically as he headed for the med-bay

Akari's surface thoughts were in a strange dialect, possibly Chinese. And she spoke aloud for clarity, "She's out but she's not ready to serve." The girl looked at her strangely as she now spoke in English out loud in English, "Hello sempai."

The girl had distantly Asian features despite the fact that she had long maroon hair and bright green eyes. She was sitting down beside Akari, dressed in an oversized white sweatshirt that hid her hands over what looked to be the GSA uniform. She had a strange aura about her and her mind was strangely blank now even as she spoke in her ackward English, "Am I your Tekuragari?" The word didn't sound as ackward as it fell from her lips.

Akari remained where she sat, keeping to English for now. "She isn't fully ready yet, I'm going to work with her a bit more and have her report to you when she's ready. Right now she has no memory of what she is supposed to do. It'll take a few more hours to get her ready for duty, any pushing will most likely cause problems."

Wazu walked down the hallway of the Yui and ended up in front of Alexis’s nest. He paused for a moment unsure about his actions but decided that he had come too far to go back now. He opened the door and tossed in a data pad with a note written on it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Alexis,

I fear I have bad news. I think Uso is planning to do conduct some act of sabotage against the GSA from the Angel ship. Worse yet she has tricked Ritsurin into helping her. You can’t believe a word she says. I need to know if you will help me stop her if she tries something. Please will you help me?

Heram J. Wazu
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wazu then walked off down the hallway. The door to Alexis’s nest was opened one more time. Another data pad was tossed in.

Dear Alexis,

I think Wazu is planning to remove everyone else on the Yui. I don’t have any proof but I can find it by hacking into Wazu’s files from the angel ship. I need to know that you’ll help me stop Wazu’s evil plot. Will you help me?

Uso Tasuki

Chi had decided to try and call it a night by returning to her nest. She saw her teddy bear lying on the floor face down and frowned, picking him up again. "Sorry I left you alone for so long Mr. Bear.." She hugged the teddy bear to her and laid down on the nest, sighing a bit.

Alexis sat down at his station on the bridge after getting up to streach. He looked down at the datapad in his hand and stowed it in one of the cargo pockets on his uniform. Those pockets were getting full...maybe he should start sorting through them to see how much stuff he actually needed. Smiling slightly, he decided to do it later. Right now he needed to check up with Chiharu. He looked up at the entrance to the captain's nest...would she mind being disturbed? It was getting late, at least that's what he felt. It was hard judging time of day on a starship. Shrugging, the Taisa decided to go anyway. He climbed up to Chi's quarters and tapped the entrance chime. "Chi, are you awake?"

Chi looked over to the door, "Hai! You can come in. I'm awake." She smiled softly to herself, maybe talking to Alexis would clear her mind of the visions she was seeing.

Alexis smiled as the door opened. He stepped into the quarters and scanned the room...he had never been in another set of quarters besides his own. "Nice place," he said, then got back to business. "I have been reviewing the Angel tactics and I think I figured out what to look for next time. As for the ship, I haven't gotten a chance to scan it. DO we know what we're going to be facing when we board it?" The new captain's face showed a mix between worry and caution; Alexis wasn't one to jump into something like this without knowing what was ahead.

Chi sat up on the bed and sat Indian style, still hugging the teddy bear. "You can have a seat on the nest if you want." She thought about his question for a moment. "On board the Angel ship will most likely be host of Angel with some Arch Angels in command. By now, they have probably almost fully repaired their ship as well. So if we don't board the ship soon, they will most likely start to attack us again. I've never been inside an Angel ship before." As she spoke an image flashed through her mind.. a dimly lite room..
"But we should prepare for a strong defense aboard the ship and another attack. I was debating about sending Nanashi aboard the Angel ship with the boarding party"

He accepted her offer to sit and selected a position opposite her, seating himself in the same way. "How many does a host consist of?" he asked as his mind began to shift into analysis mode. Then he nodded when she mentioned repairs. It had been bothering him that the crew of the Yui were focusing on fixing their own ship before boarding... but then Alexis had realized that they would need the ship fully operational in case of a needed get-away...and why capture the Angel ship while it was damaged when they could just let the Angels do the repairs and THEN take it from them. A sound tactic, when put like that.

"A host can consist of anything from 10 to 30 Angels. It depends on how well staffed and how big the ship is." She sat the teddy bear down beside her, removing her insignia pin and pinning it on the right side of the bear' chest.

Alexis smiled at her treatment of the bear. It was clearly one of her more treasured items. "Nashi...I'm not sure what to think of her. I've reviewed her performance in the simulations, she has infinate capability to adapt to situations, but..." he paused and frowned before continueing. "...she has to fail in order to adapt. Something is lagging in her Tactical Mind, I guess. She's not noting the failure of an attempt until after the attempt has been made and failed." A cushion was pushing him the wrong way, he shifted his weight to remove the pressure. The nests were more...he couldn't think of the word, but there was something that he liked about them.

"She might actually need the field experience with the Angels in order to correct the performance problems. She's a test model like I am... we get to find out the bugs in the system and report them to PNU to get them repaired." She sighed a bit, smoothing her hair back behind her ears. "Do you feel that we should take her aboard the Angel's ship?"

The shifter thought about that a few seconds before nodding. "I guess. I've got the whole manual up here." He tapped his head. "But she's just so different, even the reports say she's unstable. But I agree, the experience would do her good. Maybe Ritsu's shield generator would giver her an edge in hand-to-hand combat. What's this about Archangel infections? Any details on that?"

More images flashed through her mind, "Angels have the ability to alter their DNA at will. They will change their body's density to that of a paste and try to seep into your body to infect it and take it over. It's a frightening thing to see happen because as they do this, the Angel will continue to attack you, bite you, do anything they can to harm you. They are telekinetic as well.."

"What does the infection do?"

"The Angel basically flows into your body and slowly rips it apart from the inside. They take a DNA sample from you as they do this."

For the first time since he entered, Alexis smiled. This smile was different, however. It was dark, something dangerous...An eyeblink later, the smile was gone and he was back to business. "Sounds like that would hurt...and they're telekinetic. This boarding is gonna be a challenge then, I take it."

She noticed the change and shrugged "It will be very difficult to take over the Angel's ship. But it is what we've been instructed to do." Again she saw something flash before her eyes.. her eyes went distant for a moment before they focused again. "You said that you notived something from the earlier attack?"

"Yeah, I wanted to talk it over with Megami or someone who knew Angels well. About four or five seconds before the ambush there were several small variations, distortions of some kind that the sensors picked up around the Yui. I'm not sure, but that's the only thing before the attack that I could think of that would possibly be an indicator..." He, too noticed a difference; something in the way Chi's eyes glazed a bit. "What're you thinking about?"

"Just memories. I saw an Angel try to infect Yui during the Wars, and I saw a successful infection. It's the only reason why I know about the effects of an infection. But, if the Angel ships create a space distortion then we can detect them."

Alexis didn't know how to respond, so he remained silent. After a while he spoke up again. "I guess I don't know what that feels like. I have never been in a war before."

She nodded and smiled softly despite herself, "War is never a pleasant thing, no matter who the enemies are or how the battle is fought. And the past no matter how painful to relive is the past; and nothing can be done to change it. You can only learn from it and try to make sure it never happens again.." She paused for a moment and touched the insignia on her bear's chest. "But, despite my feelings, I don't want the crew to rush in with guns blazing. I want them to cautiously enter the ship and try to avoid combat with the Angels until it is neccessary. I even would like Nanashi to be careful when she goes aboard."

"What if they come out with guns blazing?"

"Then it would be different, and the crew could take the appropriate action against the Angels which would be to shoot to kill."

"Maybe if we sent Nashi in first...I could adjust the simulation with information from the computers on the Angel physology and she could practice before going in. One or two runs could train her in time, then send her in first as a scout. From what I read, she knows more than just direct assult."

Chi nodded. "Ok, that would be a good idea. Speaking of which, have you checked on Nashi since we were attacked?"

"Umm...yeah, on my way to the bridge after checking on Timdri. I brought her a bit of dinner too." He smiled as he remembered what happened when he arrived. "Appearently when the attack occurred the simulator was damaged. But she repaired it using some wires that had torn behind a bulkhead in her room to melt the circuit panels back together." The shifter was clearly impressed. "Other than that, ironicaly it looked like she had fun while we were fighting for our lives."

Chi smiled again. "That's good, she was having fun doing something other than killing. It looks like she might become more stable over time. Do we need to repair the bulkhead or will it be fine as it is?

Alexis shook his head. "I already relaced it and reconnected the wires. There was a way she could have short-circuited the door to open but was so distracted she didn't notice it."

"So we caught a lucky break." She smiled oftly, maybe their luck would improve after all. "We're going to have to board the Angel ship soon, or else it won't be there to board."

"Yeah. I think the Yui's all in order now, and we can probably get a boarding crew together within the hour." Shifting in his seat again, Alexis glanced around for no reason and then pulled out his pad. "I've got...one more question. Why are they called Angels? Did they choose the name themselves?"

"I don't know really. I think it was just what we decided to call them because of their appearence and the connection that was made to the Catholic and Christian religion's belief that angels have wings and hierarchys within it. Although only the Catholics believe in the hierarchy. In all truth, it is the only those 2 religions that believe that they have wings.."

The shifter looked down at the pad as some new information scrolled by. A text message from another pad in his bag in the officer's quarters. "This is interesting," he remarked as a couple of files were forwarded to him.

"What is interesting?" She looked at him curiously as she once again smoothed her hair back behind her ears.

In the officer quarters, Timdri had silently watched from under some pillows as the two pads were dropped off in Alexis' corner. It churred a question after the messangers left, then walked over to the bag with a simian four-armed gait. Pale eyes scanned the messages on the pads then it smiled. It tapped on one of them, activating a link to the one in Alexis' pocket and sending it a message with the other two messages linked to it.

Back at Chi's room Alexis began to look a bit confused. "I think you should see this." He handed Chi his pad with the two messages side by side on the screen.

Chi took the pad and looked over the messages and looked reasonably confused. "What the hell? I knew that Wazu and Uso had a bad history together but this is ridiculous. Alexis, I think we should keep an eye on all three persons involved until we can figure out what is really going on here."

Alexis nodded in agreement. "If it'll help any, I can probably get into Wazu's comp better than anyone. I wouldn't need any equipment and depending on what he's got guarding that thing he might not even know I was in there. As far as I can tell he's got his own system seperate from Megami, of course, so he won't have to deal with her privacy issues when he jacks in. Or we could try to connect his system with Meg so she can check it out....Wait, how do you propose we watch the Doc, Uso, and Ritsu, especially with Ritsu in charge of security?"

"We listen and observe what's going on. Gossip will probably be our best ally in this. We can also ask Megami to monitor their movements aboard ship. We can also talk to Sgyzr and give him a head's up as to what's going on and ask him to keep it to himself. Have a sentry watch a sentry, that sort of thing."

The shifter grinned, then started laughing. "Now that's why you're the captain. They're always with a plan. Alright. I'll talk to Sgyzer, I've been meaning to have a proper introduction with him anyway."

Chi couldn't help but laugh as well. "Thank you. I'll try to keep an eye on them as well. With the issue with the Angels we cannot afford treason nor false accusations, so we'll have to do our best to keep everything running like it normally would be."

"So I should put off hacking his system?"

"If you could but a monitoring bug in it, that might be less noticable?"

"I dunno about less noticable, and it'd be trickier...but I'll try." Alexis looked down at the clock on the pad, reading it upside-down since Chi was still holding it. "If that's all, I will let you get some rest. The boarding will proceed as soon as Ritsu's clones are up and running. Would you like to brief Nashi or do you want me to?"

"You can brief Nashi, I'll try to see if I can get some sleep.. That should be it, thank you again Alexis." She smiled softly as she handed the computer pad back to the shifter.

He returned the smile and put away the pad. Elevating himself on his hands, he unfolded his legs and got them under himself before getting out of the nest. "Those nests are quite comfortable...I wish you a good night and deep sleep. See ya in the mornin'." With that, Alexis gave a slight bow and left the room. Once outside, he glanced over the bridge and then headed to the galley to grab some food to take back to his quarters. There was some work there he had to do before the mission started and he did not want any distractions. And after so many days in hibernation, Timdri had to be hungry.

"Good night." She watched him go before laying down on the nest again, hugging Mr.Bear to her again. "You like Fluffy, don't you Mr.Bear?" She smiled softly again. "He's going to make a good captain."

GSS Yui Bridge

Chi had given up on the concept of sleeping and had returned to her chair on the bridge. She sat there looking over data readouts on what courses of action they could take.

The screen unexectedly flashed from the view of the angel ship to the face of Taisa Fensalir Kelrina, captain of the GSS Ender III. "Taisho Chiharu, shall I stay here or go on with my mission? There's still another one of the attack frigates out there." The neko looked slightly bored.

...or perhaps not boredom, but distaste for what she considered needless waiting.

Chi thought over Taisa Kelrina's question again before she spoke. "You can go on with your mission, thank you for standing by for us. The GSS Yui is ready to get up and go again. I'm sorry for keeping you away from your mission for so long." Her voice was apologetic but she understood Kelrina's feelings.

Taisa Kelrina didn't spare many words to anyone who wasn't her crew. She nodded her head slightly, keeping her icy glaring eyes locked on Chi as she dipped her head. The transmission cut and the GSS Ender was gone within seconds.

Chi sighed a bit as the transmission ended, she felt some guilt for keeping the GSS Ender from it's duty while they repaired but better safe than sorry. But now, they would have to board the Angel ship by themselves and they would also have to do it very quickly or else the ship would escape after attacking them again.

On the angel ship Light of Destiny, Jehanniel pressed his hands together, his knuckles emanating a growling rubbery noise as the joints and tendons rubbed against each other. He was dressed in all white, in a loose-fitting uniform with gold trim. His eyes glowed with aquamarine life, filled with the reflections of two luminous forms, seraphim from his security crew...

Chi stood up from her chair. "Aya, Arume, be on a look out for anything happening around the Angel's ship. I'll be back shortly." She walked of the bridge, taking a walk around the ship to clear her mind of the memories and visions so she could work.

"Master?" came a quiet, nervous call from an angel girl on the white luminescent bridge. She was a skinny one, with small wings. Her white linens were mostly around her shoulders and Jehanniel's eyes could help but to admire her exposed bosom, undies and hose. When she looked him in the eyes, he turned away, as if to make like he hadn't seen. The girl adjusted her clothes anyway, covering the protruding nipple. After an embarrassed pause, the girl informed him "The herectic ship 'Ender' has left the 'Yui' alone."

Chi quietly walked the corridors, until she reached a docking area of the ship, deciding to hang out in the lift area for a bit to try to figure out what exactly it ws that she was seeing.

Jehanniel wanted Chiharu as bad as he wanted to touch the angel girl on the bridge. He was reasonably certain she was aboard... The Yui was floating just above the ship. Now, how to get aboard... He sent the two seraphs away with a lazy wave of the hand, and then began looking over the Yui ship again.

Chi had taken to sitting on a crate by the lifts and looking up at the bulkhead above her, not fully understanding what she had been seeing or why the attack had caused the visions to start anew. "What really happened during the incident and why don't I remember?"

Silently, a tentacle slinked out from the angel ship's hull, and moved toward the GSS Yui...it stuck to the hull and the two seraphs moved through it like a birth canal and then to the lift's lower hatch. Their flesh thinned and the pair put their hands on the doors, lining the edge with some sort of explosive putty.

Chi's ear twiched for a moment as she got a sinking feeling in the back of her mind. And then she saw something, it was a dimly lit white room.. a dark silohette with what appeared to be wings.. who was that person? Was she onboard the Angel ship?

The Yui jarred slighty as the explosives detonated, forcing open the hatch. The damage it had already taken, combined with the force of the blast forced the laft doors ajar slightly. The tube was pressurized, and so there was not really any pressure change. The pair of seraphim crawled into the access tunnels from the lift, heading upward...

The sudden movement of the ship pulled Chi out of her memories and onto her feet. ~What the hell was that?~ She pulled her energy pistol from her holster and released the safety, keeping the sidearm at ready. Her eyes scanned the room as she moved in the direction of the explosion.

There was some sort of soft clicking noise, like footsteps...nothing visible, though.
kirageshadow: She quickly pushed herself against a bulkhead so that she would not be easily seen, and waited for whatever it was to appear.

A seraph was in there with her. When Chiharu exhaled, it was close enough to be breathing her in. It wanted to toy with her, to drink her fear. A silent, quick stap of a imageless blade struck at Chi's lower abdomen, just at the bottom of the open circle of the pelvic bone. An invisible hand grabbed the pistol and the seraph's gooey arm twisted like a corkscrew, spiralling the gun three full rotations.

Chi recoiled away from the blow as it left her bleeding. She needed to keep her distance until she could figure out a better plan than this.

The blade slammed Chi into the wall hard again, and then slid free, leaving a spatter of blood on the wall, and a running flow of crimson that ran down a couple inches into Chi's crotch and down her thighs. She could hear an amused laugh. The seraph morphed its unseen armed into a 150-lb. sledgehammer and crashed down to hit her shoulderblade when Chi leaned forward from the sword attack.

She quickly hemosynthed herself a blade to use against the Seraph into her right hand. As she was slammed hard into the wall and the sledge. She felt the sea of red start to form before her vision as she swung the sword forward at the Seraph. She felt her body trying to repair itself already but even that didn't make any of it hurt any less. "Is that all you can do?"

The invisible seraph shot out its arm and from its palm grew little skewers, which raced forward to puncture her eyes.

Chi ducked down and danced away from the palm racing towards her. This was going to be difficult unless she could make him show himself. "Why are you hiding your face? Are you angels that ugly now after all these years?" She tried to cajole the seraph into showing itself, pride was a good thing to attack if nothing else.

When Chi ducked, the seraph took the opportunity to deliver a full-force hit into the Taisho's lower spine using the huge sledgehammer. It almost laughed at her remarks, for it could be as beautiful or ugly as it wished. For now, however, it wished to be remain neither.

The blow to her spine sent shockwaves of sheer pain through her entire body as she half-fell - half rolled onto the deck, still holding her blade in a death grip. That didn't go well at all.

The next sledgehammer impact was directed at mashing the bones of Chi's sword hand. At the same time, there was a swift kick administered to her ribs by the other seraph. They were enjoying this immensely.

She felt her body start to alter itself as the seraphs made contact with her body with their attacks, the bones in her hand shattering under the blow. Her body took on a strange red glow as the sword melded into the structure of her hand, fusing it into one thing. Her energy was fluxing as the adrenaline pumped, she stood up ackwardedly, her eyes were pure red now. Her left arm was restructuring itself and quite painfully it seemed as she finally screamed out in pain. The scream itself was deafening and oddly filled with an almost electrical charge.

The seraphs's hands and tentacles could be felt wrapping themselves around her arms and torso. Finally, one of the seraphs spoke in a soft male voice. "Come now, we have much for you, Miss Chiharu" They began to drag her toward the lift shaft. The NH-X's tactical operating system warned her of some sort of chemical injection...the seraphs' touches had soaked her with sedatives. The drowsiness and dizziness was disorienting and difficult to counter.

Chi tried to fight herself free until the her equalibrium was thrown completely off. Her body continued it's efforts as she slowly passed out. Somewhere in the back of her mind, this seemed familiar..

She could hear them for a few moments more, even after her vision was gone. "Is she out?" one asked. A hand ran over her body, probing her for a reaction. "Yeah...sometimes I wish the nekos weren't so lovely." the other responded, planting a kiss on Chi's forehead. The arms around her released and her limp body was pressed against one of them's shoulders and she was carried throug the lift shafts, back into the angel ship.

Her mind was a mess, she didn't understand why she was taken or why they hadn't just killed her. Nor did she understand why all it was familiar or what was going on with her body. She supposed that maybe her body was trying to adapt to the situation and it just didn't have enough time to finish doing what it needed to do, or wanted to do.

With a cool, soft phlump, the Taisho was gently dumped into a small bunk, and then covered with a wool blanket. There was a swish as the transparent door to her cell shut, leaving her all alone. Back on the Yui, Mr. Bear sat on his side in Chiharu's quarters, his gentle plastic eyes looking out as if to ask why...

Chi wished she could understand what it all meant, but she knew she'd soon discover the answers. Her body itself just continued to repair itself and unfused the blade from her hand...

Ritsurin smelled the unmistakable scent of an angel, He'd smelled them before, but this one reeked of vileness. ~If there's an angel on the ship,... oh no! the bridge!~ He thought as he tore for the bridge from the medbay. He stopped by Wazu's office and broadcast to Uso. ~ Uso, where's Chiharu!?~ the thought at her with a good amount of force. To Wazu..."Wazu, Chiharu's in danger." He said, stopping briefly.

~I don't know~ Uso replied obviously a little frantic

"What?" Wazu said dropping what he was working on and letting it drop unceremoniously to the floor as he ran off after Ritsurin

"to the bridge, follow me!" He said taking off

~Those damn bastards, I hate angels.~ Ritsurin thought, then slung a thought at Uso. ~ Check her nest! Now! She's in danger!~ He thought at her. "Wazu, no more games with you and Uso for now okay?" He said over his shoulder to Wazu.

~ok~ she sent back as she left the bridge running toward Chi's nest

As Ritsurin reached the bridge with Wazu behind him, he caught scent of a powerful sedative, "oh no....he muttered.

"What?" Wazu asked as he did not have the powerful sense of smell

Ritsurin's eyes and face marks glowed with anger, his hair flowing upwards. He turned to Wazu, " They used a powerful sedative on her, and most likely carried her off the ship. I know, they used it on me so much, that now I'm partially immune to it." He growled.

~she isn't in her nest~ Uso sent back to Ritsurin

~Shit! Uso come to me and Wazu, ~He thought at her “but first, send an announcement to the crew, tell them to come to the bridge. I'll tell you what I know when you get here.” He said to Wazu

Wazu ran over to the PA system on the ship and broadcast an announcement, "Attention! Chi has been kidnapped and their might be angels still onboard! be on the look out!".

"No, angels on board yet, ..." Ritsurin said sniffing the air.

"we can't be shure of that!' Wazu said "Either way precautions need to be taken they could come after other members of the crew"

He then hung his head.” I can't believe this...I’m head of security, and I couldn't protect Chiharu...." He said sounding disappointed. "Tell Lavinia to get some weapons from the armory and have them ready for us in security ok?" He asked.

"I lack telepathy" Wazu said, "It would be quicker if you did it"

~Lavinia, get some weapons ready in security on the double! then come to the bridge.~ he thundered to her mentally. ~Yes sir~ she replied. ~And bring me my customized Gp-5~ he added. Ritsurin's eyes glowed with an ominous aura... "Wazu, You're Chusa here, what do I do?" He asked

"We don't have any time to waste get the crew together in the briefing room in 5 min." Wazu said” We must launch a rescue op now!"

Lavinia showed up a few moments later, carrying a large suped up Gp-5. "Here Ritsurin." She said handing the weapon to him. "Thanks" He replied "I'm sorry Wazu, you're higher rank than I, I apologize for spewing orders like that." He said to the Chusa

"Just hurry!" Wazu said, "I must get a few thing ready," He said as he left the bridge.

Ritsurin and Lavinia nodded and Ritsurin asked "may I ask, what do you need? I could help..." He asked.

"No," Wazu said, "This will only take a second" Wazu left the bridge and Uso walked past him, they gave each other a evil glare before continuing on their path.

~I'll kill those feathered freaks.~He thought. "Uso, do you still think He'll betray us?" He asked the Neko.

"Hold on...what's this about? " Lavinia asked her as well.

~Lavinia, I want you to follow Wazu, and send me back what he's doing. ~ He ordered her telepathically. ~Wait a minute I need to know what’s going on she replied silently~

~Wazu is planning to remove the crew of the Yui~ Uso sent to her telepathically

Lavinia gasped and then turned to follow Wazu, being careful not to be seen, she stealthed to follow him, as it was the best course of action. "Uso, this isn't one of you and Wazu's games is it?" He asked her

“It is a game, A serious game and one I don’t plan to lose!” she replied

~what's this?~ Lavinia thought as she watched Wazu quietly.

Wazu typed in a message on the data pad and the set Chikara down on the floor

"Are you working with us or the angels on this?" Ritsurin asked sounding serious.

~hmmm~ Lavinia thought as she watched him.

~I AM PART OF THE GSA~ she mentally yelled at him ~I AM NOT WITH THE ANGELS~

"I will stop this game if the crew will die from it." He said ~you made your point, stop yelling, I’m just doing my job~ He sent to her.

Wazu then got down on one knee and said something to the creature. He then turned and began to leave the room

Lavinia tuned in on what he said to the animal, trying listen in with her enhanced hearing. Then, still in stealth, followed Wazu.

~shouldn't we be getting the crew together like he said?" Uso asked

~yeah, let's go.~ He said to her and walked out the door to round up the crew.

Lavantia heard "well it looks like I'm not coming back from this one." he then patted the creature on the head and then left.

~what does that mean?~ Lavinia wondered. Upon hearing what the scientist had said.

Ritsurin, entered the room with various personnel following him.

Wazu stood in front of a large screen depicting the angel ship in the briefing room. “If you are not aware Chiharu was kidnapped just a while ago.” Wazu said to the crowd of assembled personnel. “She must be rescued immediately! We shall board the angel ship in two teams. One will be lead by me the other by Alexis. My team shall consist of Uso, Sgzyr, and myself we will infiltrate the ship from this point.” Wazu then pointed to a small crater in the angel ship that had not been fully repaired.” We shall insert via space walk and use Ritsurin’s force field technology to prevent depressurization of the ship when we cut it open. From there we shall move along this hallway and access the computer system here. We shall then open up all the doors and hopefully give you Chi’s location. As for the rest of you Alexis you outrank me so I won’t tell you who to bring but you’re team will use the shuttle and attach to the angel ship cut through their hull and find and rescue Chi. You all have 10 min to get ready then we go. You are all dismissed Good luck.” With that Wazu left the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back