• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Laz Public Network Yuki Toshiro to KFY: New NSP battery pack, 3x charge

Toshiro

To: Ketsurui Fleet Yards
CC: Star Army of Yamatai
Note: Message is sent via Quantum signal and uses EIES encryption

A couple years back, I started salvaging, and along the way found multiple NSPs without batteries. I managed to reverse engineer them a bit and came up with a new battery pack for my personal use, one which not only increased duration three-fold, but even allowed the oddly-shaped NSP to better fit into most conventional holsters when attached. It is compatible with both the Type 28 and Type 30 NSP lines, and can even power other external devices in an emergency.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=yggdrasill:yb_28a

I have since obtained both a significant amount of raw materials and a shipyard to work with said materials, and find myself in a position to mass produce this product. I could likely sell these at the prices listed at the link, which I feel is a nice bargain.

I would like to...

1. Ask KFY's permission to offer the battery pack for sale to the military and civilian sectors (While it is fully reverse engineered rather than using KFY parts, I still feel I should ask permission as a courtesy)

2. Offer to produce these units using my resources for sale to the SAoY for the war effort, assuming KFY consents. I'm technically a neutral party when it comes to the various militaries around due to my salvager status, but no one in their right mind can support genocide, and I highly doubt the Mishhu would honor my status.

If a trial number of these batteries are desired first for testing, then that is acceptable. I'm willing to improve the design if required. If the battery becomes popular enough to exceed my production capacity, then we can discuss that when we come to it.

I'd like to note that though it increased the dimensions of the weapon, I've still been able to fit the Type 28 NSP in a standard holster made for it. Though it was admittedly a tighter fit, I had little problem with the draw. If that became an issue, however, conventional holsters now fit the unit quite nicely.

ai2.photobucket.com_albums_y30_MM007_Yggdrasill_ygg_commodore.gif
Yuki Toshiro
Commodore; Yggdrasill Fleet, Hikari Fleet, Yuki Shipyard

To: Yuki Toshiro

You have our permission to produce and sell your NSP add-on to the citizens and soldiers of Yamatai.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back