• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

ZA-V1-1a "Krisâ€

Serious business!

1. Wouldn't it be V3? As it's the third vehicle?

Kimura said:
Hull: Made of a sturdy self-repairing titanium-aluminum alloy... basically, anything that gets through the shields is gonna disable or destroy the ship, though the pilot has a good chance of surviving in the latter case. It is, however, shaped in an odd fashion that tends to fool sensors and radars.

Why is there a good chance the pilot would survive the destruction of the ship? Because of the armor, or because of some escape system? It's early here, so I'm blinking at that one.
Also, I think I get the shape thing and how it is stealthed from sensors and radar ... but should there be a clause to say what level of sensor/radar it can hide from? I'm assuming an SA ship could somehow detect it.

Kimura said:
Weapons: ... a SEAS spiker; the SEAS spiker simply allocates additional fluid to a particular area, forming a nice point ideal for ramming things with.

That is simply cool. No more colliding with other fighters when trying to make a bomb run. Just SPIKE'em. Excellent.

Wes said:
Nomenclatures (Model Numbers) are assembled like this:

[Manufacturer]-[Type][Class]-[Design][Version]
[...]
Vehicle Types
[...]
V - Starfighter or bomber

Umm...because of the self-repairing nature of the armor, it might be able to close a gaping hole before all the air escapes, especially with the TOWELS on max. I'm not sure exactly how to explain it in technical terms, though.

It doesn't necessarily /hide/ from sensors, just looks kind of like a chunk of space debris to anything but, say, the naked eye...again, not sure how to describe this technically. The use of deuterium reaction drives would definitely leave a traceable trail, though.

I'm thinking maybe I should make a separate tech page for this but it seems like a corollary of the SEAS technology rather than an actual item.

Please note that any damage caused by impact would be due to the release of static electricity, rather than the actual impact; basically, using the shields' tendency to vaporize things as a means of ridding your enemy of their vessel. So...care must be taken not to ram something that won't vaporize as a result, since it is probably going to be harder than AlTi, which would kind of leave you in smithereens.

4.?
SaltedFish said:
Fluid? Do you mean plasma?
No. I mean the superconductor/insulator stuff that the SEA shield uses in order to turn other stuff into plasma. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that...it would probably help to read the SEAS tech article, which is linked to for your convenience.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back