• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Zairyo's Commissions

Hello everyone, I'm a fan of Sci Fi, video games and all those things we tend to spend way too much time on. My biggest passion however is drawing, so as requested by Wes and by my personal interest I'm here to offer my skills to you guys.

Here are some samples:

aimg204.imageshack.us_img204_6964_starfirepp7.th.jpg aimg85.imageshack.us_img85_9820_roguecgxl3.th.jpg

If you want to see more please visit my Deviantart gallery here: http://zairyo.deviantart.com/

If you want to commission me please make sure you are willing to spend at least $10.00 and that you have a Paypal account.
Thanks for your time.

Nice stuff! I love the old-school Rogue.

Question, however -- it's been well over a year. Where did you go, anyway?

I lost the internet for a long while then my studies got in the way. Currently I have no time to roleplay 'cause I use my free time to do commissions.

Wes said:
Could you draw Midori?

Sure, full color I'm guessing right? Cel shaded anime style or soft shading like my samples?
I need to know the shape of the scar and what clothes she should be wearing. I forgot where the uniform section was. (I was just looking for it)

EDIT: Nevermind about the scar shape and clothes she should be wearing (I should have scrolled down a bit) though I still need to check the colors (if they aren't posted further ahead) and what type of illustration you want. If it's the standard character pic that the gallery has or something else.

Soft colors, Background #000020. Miko red/white for the outfit.

Er, your choice. I only ask that it be a full-body pic.

Very well, when I have the sketch for you to approve I'll send it to you through a PM then we'll talk about how much and where to send it.

Thanks, Talk to you tomorrow or sometime before 11PM EST tonight

Tiffany once told me that the scar on Jo's cheek had been misrendered by Wes (though she hadn't had the heart to gripe about it, seeing she got free art). The scar Jo has is basically a stylised claw marks, as if 3 talons had scraped their way up from the line of her jaw and midway toward the nose.

Also, from what I see of the avatar JoMidori took, the braid isn't something going down the side of her head, but rather gathered up straight behind. The braid looks significantly long, probably going down to the middle of the shoulderblades. It's likely the braid itself is a thin, tightly woven affair rather than something cute and fluffy like Teletha Testarossa.

The ears seem like an important trait too. They're basically like furred cat ears, but positioned to the side where the normal human ear would be. Wes (oddly) seem to prefer the non-furry, almost elvishlike version of the ears (which you can see on the banner above with the green haired lady). However, descriptions seem to rather indicate that Jo's ears would be catlike and furred white. I'd suggest using this comic page as a reference for the ears: I've always sort of saw the basic shape and look nekovalkyrja ears that way myself in my head.

Significant other little detail: Nekovalkyrjas like Jo have three fingers and an opposable thumb instead of the normal human four and a thumb (4 instead of 5). I'd recommend, if you're keen on your hand structure, to see it as the removal of the pinky and a resizing of the fingers (longest to shortest: index, middle finger, ring finger - proportion being: longest = human middle finger length, shortest = human ring finger length).

F it. I'm in. Maybe this time I can actually get something drawn.

Could you draw Nyton? I like your style and that cityscape background in the picture to the far right. (sorry I dunno how to do that neat linking thing Wes does) What I'd like (and I don't mean to just jump on in) is a picture of Nyton in his SA flight suit, standing with feet approximately shoulder length apart (not sure if I'd like a full body shot with his feet to be visible or just from the knees up), right arm behind his back, left arm down his side holding his flight helmet. His head would angle slightly left with the the body at a flat chest view. I dunno maybe slightly tilted left, I'm not sure how it would look. Background would consist of a cityscape similair to the one I mentioned from your picture but not as shaded, more like mid day then dusk. If possible have a PHALANX Armor behind Nyton (Since the Armor doesn't belong to Wes I dunno if it's cool to have that in there). Full color please.

Can we maybe hold off on all the fancy extra background stuff? Not that I don't like it, but it will slow down the comissions process and cost more money for me. Right now I'm looking to get as many regular characters drawn as possible.

So something like this:

aimg299.imageshack.us_img299_9632_testjomidoriih5.jpg

For the scar and braid? Or am I off?
Also not to offend or anything 'cause I appreciate every help I can get but Wes has the final say on this since he is the one paying, unless he allows the authors to guide me through this.

And is her hand something like this

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/38320632

Hey, I offered reference, not a straightjacket ^_^; If you can benefit from it, so much the better.

The portrait is pretty nifty: I bet Tiffany would be thrilled. The scrapes go pretty close to the nose, but then again, Tiffany wasn't all that clear on how long the claw scar was, just that it was a claw scar instead of just a single cut. Since the scar is an intentional manufactured trait, it probably would be clean and sharp instead of jagged with rugged edges.

As for the hand - it might be pretty close. I based off my finger recommendations on the service pistols the Star Army has (which was why I felt the index finger might be longer, considering the grip and the way the trigger was made). NH-27 can have claws (the standard NH-29 do not have nails at all, let alone claws), I think, though I'd go for the sharp fingernail approach instead of the more beastlike hands.

It looks great! I can't wait to see what Tiff thinks. She's needed artwork for Midori for quite some time. I gave it a try but I think you're doing better than me.

Nah I got Paypal, I can cover the cost of a commission. I wasn't thinking of having you pay for it. Nor is there any rush.

That's Amazing! It really is I'm surprised how well that turned out! The scar and hair is perfect heh. Even the expression is something she would be seen with!

Hi btw, I'm Tiff, Midori's player. Err, Thanks Wes for Offering up Jo!

Like I said great so far! If you countinue the drawing I can't wait to see how it turns out!

JoMidori said:
That's Amazing! It really is I'm surprised how well that turned out! The scar and hair is perfect heh. Even the expression is something she would be seen with!

Hi btw, I'm Tiff, Midori's player. Err, Thanks Wes for Offering up Jo!

Like I said great so far! If you countinue the drawing I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Glad you liked my first approach, your friend was very helpful. If there's anything at all that I got wrong (I'm going to make the scars less jagged) let me know now.

Blas said:
F it. I'm in. Maybe this time I can actually get something drawn.

Could you draw Nyton? I like your style and that cityscape background in the picture to the far right. (sorry I dunno how to do that neat linking thing Wes does) What I'd like (and I don't mean to just jump on in) is a picture of Nyton in his SA flight suit, standing with feet approximately shoulder length apart (not sure if I'd like a full body shot with his feet to be visible or just from the knees up), right arm behind his back, left arm down his side holding his flight helmet. His head would angle slightly left with the the body at a flat chest view. I dunno maybe slightly tilted left, I'm not sure how it would look. Background would consist of a cityscape similair to the one I mentioned from your picture but not as shaded, more like mid day then dusk. If possible have a PHALANX Armor behind Nyton (Since the Armor doesn't belong to Wes I dunno if it's cool to have that in there). Full color please.

If you are the one paying I will do it as long as you provide all the references needed, however if it's Wes then you have to talk to him first.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back