• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Character Zelda Stoven

Are you serious? Zelda?

Anyway, at a glance, I did notice one thing:

History said:
and were forced to take up a home on a planet, Kennewes, luckily away from the usual war zones.

Kennewes is infamous for its military conflict, so that's a kind of weird thing to say.

... You do realize Zelda is a (uncommon, but certainly not rare) name used in real life?

I actually didn't make the connection that I no doubt bet you are referring to half way in, and I decided to keep it for the above reason.

So yeah.

And I added that in because, well... not all of Kenny would be a absolute warzone, or there would be no civilized areas for people to, you know, live. Also; Usual.

My only problem is this line here:

However, due to a steady increase in Neko' she found that Doctors and such were dramatically becoming sparse due to a lack of need, and thus due to this she had no avenues of work in Yamatai, ...
This is an assumption you need for your character, but it's not true, so I can't let you use it. There are many, many areas on Yamatai that could use doctors and where Neko are rare, mainly the eastern cities.

You could just say that her issues with authority made it hard for her to get a job. But that's going to hurt her now that she's in the Star Army again.

One could assume that these eastern cities already have plenty of Doctors and such under the same woes as Zelda, just getting there first. And neko would slowly spread there, regardless... So while not as direct, the point still stands.

:3

And I thought that would be somewhat assumed, too, the authority bit.

Technically, Yamataians are NH-22 Neko. They possess considerable resistance to disease, as well, so I don't see how they would need much medical treatment. Do you mean there are large Geshrin populations in the eastern cities....?

Also, did you seriously not notice the name connection, gamer? Post-Legend of Zelda, having the name Zelda is like being named Leia, Hermione, Samwise, etc. Pop culture has taken them all for itself. It's like being the guy named Michael Bolton in Office Space. But I suppose that's all moot, considering it's just a name. Just as long as she doesn't have flowing brown hair, blue eyes, elf ears, and a triforce tattoo. :)

Yamataians have slower rates of healing ability when compared to Neko, and tossing a person into a hemosynth tube is not always an option, let alone the best one. There are also significant populations of Nepleslians, as well as Geshrin that were born after the plague, that have no healing ability at all.

Lemme know when you make that change, Gamer.

There are also significant populations of Nepleslians, as well as Geshrin that were born after the plague, that have no healing ability at all.
There seems to be some minor confusion on the Geshrin. Geshrin were immune to the plague. There are plenty of Nepleslians around, but they're generally post-plague immigrants. The plague only affected baseline humans, elves, and Elysians living on Yamatai, not any other races or locations.

and were forced to take up a home on a planet, Kennewes, luckily away from the usual war zones.
Kennewes was war-zone central. I mean we're talking about a planet where you can't walk fifty feet without tripping over a dead guy's gun or tank/boat/vehicle wreckage.

Wes said:
There seems to be some minor confusion on the Geshrin. Geshrin were immune to the plague. There are plenty of Nepleslians around, but they're generally post-plague immigrants. The plague only affected baseline humans, elves, and Elysians living on Yamatai, not any other races or locations.

.....then why did it kill 20 billion Geshrin?

also, lolwut, elves?

Tweaked to Nepple land.

I have to make a minor complaint in regards to the setting in this regard, as a whole mind; Making a somewhat older character is... Very difficult, I must say. Information past about seven years, if that, tends to grey out. Might want to try and fix this sometime, but eh.

Agreed, Gamer. That's partially why I crafted Yukari's timeline the way it is.

This character is approved for IC usage.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back