• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Zesuaium: Where is it made? How?

OsakanOne

Retired Member
I know it's molded and condensed but in my mind, it's like... The location is a tightly hidden secret of the Yamataian empire.

The stuff would be forged in massive underground structures, almost like steel-works, producing a very high purity of some material and then performing some special process on it to get their desired outcome.

Somewhere with lots of catwalks, platforms and ungodly amounts of automation with a feel not unlike the final parts of Terminator 2 albiet with more polish and maybe a teal or blueish hue instead of stark reds and oranges.

Just curious, is all. It sounds like a good place for a gunfight.

As far as I know, Zesu production facilities are only found on some of the larger starbase classes, and Zesuaium isn't technically a metal. with its properties, it's impossible to make it the way we forge or cast metal. I assume it's a very technical, almost magical process, and imagine it to be done in large, white, completely clean and sterile rooms, I mean, you can't have any impurities in the strongest material known to sentient life.

AN Alternate theory is that it IS made by magic, and hundreds if not thousands of the Yamataian elves are either employed or forced to make the stuff for Yamatai.

That's just my Theory, which Wes has neither confirmed, or denied.

Zesuaium isn't supposed to be a metal so much as a material generated by somesort of space-time process. Calling it 'material' might be an over-simplification. I think it might be more representative of an applied force given tangibility.

I think it, in effect, has the most to do with a 3d-object in a 3d-modeling software. Zesuaium would be composed of vertices, edges and surfaces - with anything within the bounds of that shape reacting with matter and energy in a very specific manner.

Exposing zesuaium to certain energy sources can alter the initial shapes, thus deteriorating the 'material'. It probably actually has more in common with forcefields and volumetric projections than solids like metal.

Well, I think that's how Wes explained it to me once.

Zesu has always been made of molecules, and as such is a material, not a 'force field'.

Zesu also isn't manufactured in a specific facility. It is shaped on site as some other material then transmuted.

I seem to recall that, Soresu... though apparently plotships have been able to manufacture bits of it to make power armors and shuttles. Or maybe those are typically spare parts?

Be it as it may, Uso's always seems a bit mutable in wes' mind if he explained it differently before. I myself do prefer to think of it as a metal - that's just not how it was explained to me.

Zesu has always been made of molecules. Even in the current wiki article Anti-matter works on it, so it is made of matter.

I would assume that starships use zesu spare parts to manufacture equipment. Zesu was originally envisioned as legos IE: you have a set amount of it and can pull apart zesu blocks to form other objects. This came from back when Wes played with lego starships and the gameplay affect of this was to reuse what you had and put it into new components even if you can't make more individual pieces.

I should also clarify that when I said it wasn't made in a specific place I meant that it wasn't made in one specific place like the underground super-facility that Osakan suggested. The star fortresses can produce Zesu along with some other facilities.

Fred: Makes a frightening amount of sense as to why and how it behaves the way it does.

I'm not looking at blowing it up or anything.

I just want to know what a production facility is like.

I've got this mental image of two powered-armor duking it out in almost pitch darkness amongst massive glassy towers of transparent zeusaium and production equipment lighting the darkness in some production plant scaled to push starships around in much the same way car-factories push cars around - the whole facility half the size of Newyork or something.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back