• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

ZKC - Colliding Universes

Sakura smiled, laying down on the couch and relaxing a bit, finding it surprising that the couch was in fact STILL comfortable. "Seeing how this place looks to have not been touched in awhile, maybe the other rooms have stuff?" she asked him.

Placing his hand on the wall, Blues tried to analyze the area. Blue light escaped his palm as he focused and detected assorted items of interest. He needed to make some psychometry-enabling socks and shoes sometime, so he could just analyze an area while standing.

"I'll take a look around, and be back soon. I detect some items of interest...go ahead and rest."

With that he left for a time, and it would be about fifteen minutes before he returned. Psychokinesis allowed him to carry a number of things, including books, some power tools and appliances, saws, some batteries, a working freezer.

"...All these tools and working batteries, and these people died rather than cutting through the floor...I don't know what to make of that."

"Well, they might've commited suicide," suggested Sakura as she turend onto her side and looked at the items her brother had brought back. "Any history books?"

"Hmm...well, they're all written for children, but there is one here. It'll be good for the library." Blues said, finding a basic history book.

Sakura looked over the books, picking one up whose cover was badly faded. "I wonder if that old man back in town can restore some of these old covers," she said and carefully opened the book to read some of its pages, and found that some of the pages were just as worn away as the cover.

"I wonder if there is any food out here that hasn't spoiled that we can possibly take back..."

"I didn't sense any with my psychometry, at least not up here. Even the canned goods were all swelled with botulism. Honey is good for thousands of years, but there isn't any around." The sibling responded, as he regarded the books his sister looked at...and sensed if the people below could hear the movement above them and got curious.

Sakura thought for a moment, tapping her shoulder in the process. "Mmm... how about the roof?" she asked him and jumped off the couch and looked upward. "If anyone 'was' in this part of the building, they'd probably be up at the top since you can grow food up there..."

He pondered for a time, touching the wall with his psychometry before getting a puzzled look on his face.

"My psychometry is...being jammed or something. I can't detect what's on the roof at all. It's like a void."

"Mmm... is it possible that theres some material in the building that is blocking your psychometry?" Sakura asked, walking up to a window that was plenty dirty but still enough to see out of. She naturally couldn't see the roof, but she could see out over what little of the area she 'could' see.

"Hmm...I'll go find out, I suppose. You can come along or rest here for a while longer." He said, preparing himself to go out. The young man listened to her answer as he prepared to go out to investigate the roof, waiting to see what she would do.

"I'll come," smiled Sakura broadly. "Besides, who knows what you'll find up there, you might need a womans touch."

He smiled, and with a combination of flight and teleportation, took the pair to the roof. A Psychokinetic shield stayed up, of course, as he tried to survey the area...

As the siblings arrived, the roof was illuminated by a bright red bolt of lightning that crisscrossed the sky and connected with a building several hundred feet away from the one they were.

Instantly Sakura saw the large assortment of plants that were in a makeshift greenhouse. The greenhouse was being held up several long metallic pools with what looked like a silvery mesh that covered the top.

"Wow..." remarked Sakura with a nod.

Blues carefully landed, keeping his shield up. The red lightning was suspicious, but he approached the greenhouse and looked around inside...

"...Hello? Anyone here? This seemed to be a psychometry deadzone..."

The plants looked very well taken care of, and there were many of them, some were were growing vegetables while others had fruit on their stalks. It was an oddity, Sakura noted as she looked at one plant. "How are these plants growing here?" she asked her brother although not really expecting an answer.

Before Blues would respond however, a grouchy old voice suddenly spoke from somewhere in the greenhouse. "What the hell are you kids doing?"

"Ah, sorry, I sensed a psychometric deadzone and came to investigate, after we came here for cover...I came to see just what was interfering with that psychometry..." He said, making sure that the person knew that the plant life and food here was not their goal....

Sakura looked at her brother somewhat curiously, although her expression could be one of 'really..' Does my bro have nerves of steel or something? she asked herself with a sigh and looked into garden.

She couldn't see whoever this person; where were they?

"Huh, so a brat that is actually powerful enough to breach my ability..." the person sounded quite annoyed at this. Then the two heard a 'hmm' followed by this older man saying. "Come inside, there is a door on the far-end of the garden near the Venux Flytrap... just don't feed it anything please.. its not your typical flytrap," with that, the two siblings would hear the creaking of a door opening and closing.

Sure enough, when Sakura looked around her eyes did spot two plants that could resemble Venus Flytraps near a metal looking door. "There bro?" she pointed.

"Yeah...those plants eat meat, traditionally insects...let's just pass them by..."

Blues said, carefully moving past the traps, avoiding their traps since he recalled the man's warning. He attempted to go through the door...

The 'heads' on the plants seemed to watch the two teenagers, turning toward them as they moved. Blues found that the door opened easily, giving off the same creaking sound as it did before.

"In in in...." he would hear Sakura say to him, she was actually pushing him through the door as she didn't want to be on the wrong end of these plants... which she could've sworn were salivating...

Blues was forced into the room faster than he would have liked given that there might have been a hostile Esper on the other end. Still, there was nothing he could do about his younger sister's reckless pushing once she'd gotten him through the door. It would have been more endearing had it not been so reckless.

The youth would look around, trying to see where they'd ended up and if this other Esper was anywhere to be seen...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back