Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

News Stories

In-character news and updates from all over the Star Army universe!
[SANDRA] Empress Begins Sweeping Reforms
Empress Begins Sweeping Reforms Kyoto, Yamatai- Empress Himiko today announced her plan to strengthen Yamatai by improving life for all Yamataian citizens and by improving foreign relations. The Empress issued the following list of decrees: By YE 31, 1. All forms of slavery within Yamatai will end. 2. Torture will no longer be used for punishment or interrogation. 3. The Star Army will no longer be able to target innocent civilians of other nations.
In Jiyuu today, Motoyoshi Kiyoko was successfully revived, with the Grand Peacekeeper Motoyoshi Saito and Commander Motoyoshi Caine present. Motoyoshi Tio, due to responsibilities in the formation of our new nation, was regrettably unable to attend. The ST data used to revive her was originally to come from a slightly older backup, but Motoyoshi Caine was unknowingly in possession of a full backup of the Princess, from the time she'd decided to defend the Freespacers and stand up against the Star Army. This backup was used instead, and our martyr was restored to life. Princess-Admiral Motoyoshi Kiyoko was immediately offered a position in the Peacekeeper Forces as a full Admiral, which she accepted. She is now the Commanding...
Before the screen sat the Xiaah of the Lorath race, Harr'Ikke. Her serious look seemed to bear the weight of the announcement she was to make. Her face had lost a little of the weight that she had gained from her pregnancy finally. "Today I come to make a announcement about the standing of the Lorath. Long have I thought over this, and consulted my brother in such a difficult decision, but I believe that the path for the Lorath is with the UOC. While we will go with them, the Lorath will always openly welcome relations and trade with any nation who so wishes to keep in contact. We hope to continue to harbor good will and peace between all nations." Harr'Ikke took a moment to let out a small sigh, closing her eyes for a moment before...
Imperial Power Returns to Ketsurui Kyoto, Yamatai - In a Surprising move, former Empress Yui, after being given the power to decide the new Empress by Katsuko, chose Ketsurui Himiko as Empress of Yamatai, rather than choosing herself or her sister, former Empress Yuumi. Himiko has not yet set a date for an address to the nation, but immediately gave some imperial orders: Himiko also announced plans to help the Freespacers by setting up regular shipments of food and water to them.
Empress Motoyoshi Katsuko released today that she intends to give up the throne of Yamatai. A move that comes as no surprise in wake of the dissolution of her Clan within the Empire, and their controversial move to free the United Outer Colonies. "I deeply regret what has happened, I am shamed by what has happened and I apologize to the people of the Empire. The throne was not for me, my place is not in the civilian arena." A clip, showing part of the interview with Motoyoshi showed. The former Empress insured us that a successor, likely a Ketsurui will be named shortly, that she has left the mandate up to Taisho Yui to appoint, claiming her shame will not allow her to conduct such important business.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back