• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission 188604 System

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello! Let's see if this submission meets the requirements for inclusion in Star Army's lore...

[ X ] 1. The destination URL should be a page in the appropriate namespace and titled lower_case_with_underscores
[ X ] 2. The article is in the appropriate format and article template
[ ] 3. The article follows our wiki style guidelines, including: No forced line breaks, text after each section header, etc.
[ X ] 4. The article is easily read and free of errors in spelling and grammar
[ ] 5. Links to other wiki articles are present as appropriate
[ X ] 6. The article fits into the Star Army universe's space opera theme and technology levels
[ X ] 7. Images in the article are hosted on Star Army's wiki and sourced responsibly (contact Wes privately if there's a concern)
[ X ] 8. The article is original and doesn't contain copy-pasted content from other articles.
[ X ] 9. The article complies with Star Army's rules in terms of damage ratings, speed limits, etc.
[ X ] 10. The Faction Manager(s), if applicable, have posted approval for this article in this thread.

Here's some fixes this article still needs:

1. History section needs to have the RP events in it.
2. The article could use more text/prose in general
3. Information for the other planets in the system is missing.
4. Please link to the Kikyo Sector when it's mentioned.

When these fixes are made, please post a reply here so I can re-check the article. Thank you!

I added a bit of text, and some of the history items from the 188604 planet page to fill in the article. The Kikyo sector has also been linked where mentioned.

I really don't think that the names of these other planets / sizes / gravity / etc is something that's necessary here. They are planets that aren't going to be explored in RP and if we do want to use them we can always start fleshing them out at that point.

@Zack - would you mind adding that USO currently has a system-wide resource-claiming operation occurring in the 188-604 system, please? It’s so that the system can be considered “industrialized” under the Military Buildup Limitations and thus contribute towards USO’s maximum fleet capacity.

Tagging @META_mahn for approval due to the mention of Elysians in this section.

Last edited:
I don’t mean to be rude, @Wes, but there’s a couple of issues with the 188-604 system article in its current state.
  • This section implies that the Elysian Celestial Empire knew (or, for that matter, knows) about the location of 188-604, which is false, violates the Faction Rights of the Elysian Celestial Empire, and contradicts this section of the Elysian Timeline article.
  • The 188-604 system article has to mention that there is a “system-wide resource-claiming operation” occurring in the system in order for USO to have any military assets at all (see this post and this post for the reason why).

Correction: Elysia should probably know the vague direction now. This is due to the USO showing up to the IRC. However, the Elysians have never expressed an interest in dealing with the USO. It's too far away. Why would they even want to colonize it?

Wasn't that in RP a few years ago? Some Elysian contact informed Uso of 188604.

I really think you're right about there needing to be resource operation info on the page.

I know for a fact that Aendri, the faction manager of the Elysians at the time, never approved of that RP.

Edit: More specifically, he never approved of the use of official Elysian Celestial Empire assets in that RP.

Please provide proof that it was approved by the FM of the Elysians.

Also, do not lock a thread please when there are people discussing a potential problem.

FFS.

@Wes, Can I get a ruling here? the 188604 planet was approved years ago and it looks like the Elysian FMs just want to complain about stuff that happened before their time.

Can you please provide some proof that it the change being made were approved by the FM's, that is all that is being asked Zack.

I think there's an issue on your end Zack, because they're not the only ones concerned about it. You're disrespecting fellow FMs, instead of respecting their rights.

I'm most concerned about the fact that to match up with current RP canon, (That the USO has a fleet) there needs to be mention of some sort of resourcing operation. The current canon is that the USO has a fleet, and in my opinion as a player, this article should have something that reflects the requirements for that fleet.

Is there some problem with the Elysians having discovered the system in YE 20? It seems like something we could just roll with, especially since I already, for better or worse, posted approval for that to be canon.

It would be a good idea to list something like "this system is a major producer of shipyard resources" or something, but I'm not sure that's necessary (I'm not sure my Yamataian pages do that either, for comparison). In SARP we generally lean towards "more information is better" and "list all known facts on the wiki".

The problem with the article in its current state is that while Uso Tasuki does have a single FM-controlled NPC contact in the Elysian Celestial Empire, he would not have been able to tell her about the system - since the Elysian Celestial Empire never sent ships out towards the Western Sector at any point in time.

In my opinion, a mention of the system having an ongoing “system-wide resource-claiming operation” is necessary, as, well, USO’s only other controlled system - B7R-604 - doesn’t have any mention of it, thus meaning that 188-604 has to be industrialized if USO is to have any military assets.

Edit: As for Yamataian system articles not mentioning it, that in my opinion is something that could be remedied whenever the system articles are updated next, similar to what’s being done - as far as I know, anyways - for conversions from DRv2 to DRv3.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back