• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC 188604: The OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're always going to have the opportunity to ramp Uso's cherry red convertible through things (in this instance portals) into action. This I promise.

After what Gunhand said I suddenly had the idea of writing Akemi combining parts from FIRE and EARTH PAs and other things to make make his own that would be similar to the Aggressor and called the Girth/Gearth as in Greater EARTH.

It is in front of the ship, between the two hull segments. The exact same place it was last time when it was used visibly in front of Alex.

I wasn't sure about the layout either. I thought the gate the tank came through was inside the ship?

It was.

Arccos' portal generator is mounted between the two hulls, while whoever's got Freehold has some sort of portal system which can straight up open portals inside other ships to dump tanks inside.

We're going portal v. portal here, it's just that Arccos' portals can overpower theirs... Somehow. I'm still slightly confused too.

The Lament's portal system is inside the big hollow interior, right next to where they are all currently standing. The enemy didn't create a portal out of nothing, they briefly hacked this one. Your own operation "changed the channel" and broke the illegal connection. This level does indeed have a massive apartment block sized set of hanger bay doors that open at the front, through, so Alex can fit inside. It's... Yeah. It's how the stuff the Lament makes can physically get out.

Big orange triangle things are the 'gravity shear' which uses portal tech to crush things/suck things up, but is actually a separate system entirely.

Sorry for all the confusion, but early on in the thread I was still catching up, and I thought Arccos made more modifications than she actually did. This includes jury-rigging both of these systems to make ridiculously huge portals.

Hope that clears everything up. The full map of the ship is available on the wiki as always, if a little out of date now.

I guess Arccos was just using the dimensional shear system to feed the antennae in to the back. I thought it was mounted further forward.

Which way is Uso taking to the middle of the complex? If you take the first right, that leads them from a human-sized passage straight through an elevator bay.

If you take the long way around it's got more straight stretches, but... Yeah, those elevators are how the enemies are getting back into the layer. Stealth might not be a bad idea.

I was thinking of drawing her path on the picture. I'll do that when I get home.

She is taking the long way around, namely because she wants to being Alex's mech and do this as fast as possible. She's checking around corners before huddling in so she has some time to change up her strategy based on what she sees of the enemy.

Last edited:
After what Gunhand said I suddenly had the idea of writing Akemi combining parts from FIRE and EARTH PAs and other things to make make his own that would be similar to the Aggressor and called the Girth/Gearth as in Greater EARTH.
Call it the "Scorched Earth!"

Yes. Yes you can.

Only good things happen when you drop your heavily armed warmachine into the heart of Kyoto, the capitol of the Yamatai Star Empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…