• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC 188604: The OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we skip ahead a few weeks?

Would anyone be interested in an official party following a 'State of the USO' address?

Would anyone be interested in an official party following a 'State of the USO' address?

Suuuuure. We can officially announce Alex's adoption and his place as fleet admiral there.

Sarena isn't trying to spite Alex, she's trying to distract him so she can take some shots. She's also definitely not interested in keeping him from doing what little damage he's willing to do, so I object to the description in the last GM post.

Aside from that, I have trouble accepting any of what Sarena's done here as canon due to how much we've skipped over, but with Angel Investor it's really reached the breaking point. Not just because the skipped RP, but also because since after all that build-up, I expected this mission to involve more than just Alex getting in a fistfight with some Alex clones while someone else presses an 'I win!' button. It seems that the mecha team didn't need to pull together and accomplish anything, after all, and it just takes the bottom out of all the fun here to discover that we were rushed along so we could perform a role that was ultimately superfluous, and the super-dramatic event we were building up to turned out to be business as usual on our end.

I understand if we can't retcon all of this out for the sake of a more coherent narrative, 'incoherent backstory' seems to be Sarena's SOP by this point. Still, it's such a stretch to imagine that this all happened as described that trying to come up with a perfectly consistent way to remove Sarena from the plot would be disingenuous and counterproductive. Let's just make it another 'missing scene'.

We do have a bit of a mess plot-wise to clean up due to the departure of the player who was handling one of the major villains. I'm going to be talking with the GM staff about how to handle the next arc of 188604 and what that will look like.

But I do think it is best that Sarena exit the plot. You can write that however you like and assume that it takes place between the current thread and the next plot arc.

I retook the test and only changed my answer for my least favorite subject from phys ed to history and got beastmaster instead

Ace, you did a couple things that weren't so great. First, the cockpits of the M3s are metal not glass, so I doubt you could break them, and second, you're threatening people Alex is trying to save

Ace, Alex, a lot of things have happened lately, and its kinda thrown 188604 out of wack. We kinda needed to do this last mission due to how everything shaped up but I don't feel like the RP has gone particularly well. I would like to wrap things up and move on.

I'll be posting to that effect soonish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…