• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

I sent you a PM Uso. It's been great having you as a GM.

Thanks for the PMs guys, in case you're wondering why I'm leaving exactly it is this from Kokuten:

The actual tech has nothing to do with this, its that I'm now being barred from doing anything because 'I'm not liked'.

I guess you rubbed some people the wrong way and they couldn't get over it.
Yeesh...More drama here than in High School Musical... :roll:

Zack, you're my friend and one of the oldest SARPers still around and I don't want to see you go...but the fact is you've not been very friendly (this is me putting it nicely here) to many people over the last couple years. Combined with your flagrant disregard for Nepleslia's FM, it has resulted in this situation when it could have been solved by just communication and courtesy and I wish you could've taken that message to heart instead of abandoning your players.

Do a lot of people want you gone? Yes.

Would they want you gone if you treated them with respect? No.

You're a good GM and player with tons of great ideas to build the faction, but instead of cooperation with the other Nepleslian leaders you've been stubborn and rude.

You were out of control and when Kokuten tried to take some control of the situation, for the good of Nepleslia, you tried to get him removed as FM and held your players hostage by threatening to leave the site.

Essentially, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Kokuten had stated this had to deal with 'no one liking me' and not a lack of communication. After all since the approval is being held up because of others, asking for approval from Kokuten will just result in a no like what happened with the E4. The E4 is also the only time I've ever been expected to ask for approval for an item from this faction's FM so I think I can be excused for not knowing to do that.

Disregard for the FM is hardly seems like the issue either. I've always informed Kokuten of the things he has asked me to inform him about, political deals, changes to the SMODIN wiki, ect. The only time I didn't tell him about something, like with the hat or the ribbons, was when someone else told him first and then I get accused of not having told him.

Recently, when I apologized to Kokuten, I got nowhere. He made it clear I'm not getting my old tech making privileges back and if I want to make tech now I have to make it something liked by everyone who might object on IRC.

That isn't fun for me, so I have no reason to stick around.

If anyone wants to step up and take charge of running the 4th plot, let me and/or Kokuten know ASAP so we can set you up with what you need.

Unless someone steps up to run it or Uso decides to stick it out as a GM for you guys (not likely), yeah, it's over. Like Wes said though, if someone feels up to it, talk to Kokuten and see how things go.

In the event a GM becomes unavailable, the FM (Kokuten) must take over until a new GM is found or until the plot is gracefully ended. Currently we are looking for volunteers.

Since we're at the start of a new mission there's no need to close an episode so we could actually just end the plot here if no one takes up the banner. It might be best to hold off on things instead of starting a new mission.

I recommend all active players that want to keep their character active please consider a transfer to Cirrus or Taking it Back. Alternatively, you could start a new plot of your own or join an independent plot. For example you could have your character go civilian and get hired by Origin and serve on the YSS Genesis, or join the Abwehran Foreign Legion and play is 69th Paramilitary Squad.

Basically, you've got lots of options for your PCs and in case this plot doesn't go on, you should come up with a plan on where to go.

A thought occurs: Some of us have less than outstanding reputations on this site and might not have anywhere else to go.

C-man, some people may have a reputation, but they're not out of chances yet. There are still GM's available who can either work with them, deal with them, or at the very least feel like giving them another chance.

Also, there's talks of another plot springing up as a direct replacement to this one in the near future, so nobody leave just yet.

Arieg and myself are working on our own side plot since we were kinda starting to expect this happening.

Just sent Wes a PM with my volunteer to take over as GM. So don't count this as dead yet.

Well, I've been planning to start up a Nepleslian plot of my own, but I doubt I'll be able to get it up and running fast enough for you guys.

Sigma said:
Just sent Wes a PM with my volunteer to take over as GM. So don't count this as dead yet.

Good on you, Sigma. I'd have done the same, but I personally doubt I'd have the experience on SARP, or the time necessary for the job to make it seem to Wes that I was a good choice today.

Maybe in the future.

If this doesn't work out, then Centurion and Arieg have offered me some room in an independent RP plot they have been working on, and I'd be willing to ask them to include C-Man there as well.

I think we could work something out. So far c-man seems pretty cool so I think it would work out pretty well.

Phaedra will probably go with the majority of other characters, unless that involves being a mercenary. Then again, that might depend on the IC reasoning behind the squad being broken up.

And I'm glad to see Sigma has stepped up. I would have volunteered for GM instantly but I don't believe my work schedule would allow me a proper time commitment here.

I'll do anything I can to help this plot stay going.

cyborgakadjmoose said:
I'm glad to see Sigma has stepped up. I would have volunteered for GM instantly but I don't believe my work schedule would allow me a proper time commitment here.

I'll do anything I can to help this plot stay going.

Likewise, on both counts.

I'd also like to see Uso stick around SARP, even if he isn't a GM. I like him well enough.

Also, sketches for some of your chibi art are supposed to come in by Monday.

I was thinking that IC we can have Wazu and Harm be pulled away for an IPG investigation on why a neko is working with NAM.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…