Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

Not a clue. Her ability at escapology exceeds Houdini and her alcohol tolerance exceeds that of any known human.

Going to skip over Naomi and Matteo's intros so as to move things along. I'm sure you're all curious as to what kinda shenanigans I've been up to.

Hmmm. It seems I took a bit too long to make an introduction post. Sorry 'bout that.

As to Avel? Not sure myself, to be honest.

I'm more confused by the fact that people are posting in 3 and 3.1 at the same time. I'm trying to keep a handle on where to post. :P

3.1 is taking place the day after 3.0; Centurion wanted to talk to my characters

EDIT: Forgot to mention a few side-plot things I'm going to be doing slowly. We can do these little side things on a JP, assuming there's no combat going on and all participants are okay with it. No one has to do it.

Name Your Poison Wednesdays: A simple drinking around the bar. No Valken.

Buy one grenade, get one free Fridays: We just got some toys, what better way to spend your hard earned DA?

Truth or Dare Saturdays: Everyone puts a dare into the hat and we see what secrets everyone's hiding. Alternatively, we can also add some drinking to add some liquid courage and looser tongues.

Sigma said:
3.1 is taking place the day after 3.0; Centurion wanted to talk to my characters

Gotcha'. I figured that might be it. Thanks.

Having gotten that cleared up, Naomi can get back to earning ranks and making cash. ;)

:shock:

Oh ho ho ho...What's this going on between Laura and Sawyer eh? :)

Careful where it leads, lest Phaedra catch wind of this fraternization. :twisted:

I'm just watching to see what happens between a country boy Marine raised to be polite to the ladies, and a pushy medic with the emotional maturity and experience of a child. :P

I guess I ought to be clear in the OOC. Laura has got her first crush. On the "stupid, boring Bernhard." Though, she does approach sex rather casually, like playing house. Unoriginal, I know, but it makes for so much fun when Bernhard is so uncomfortable with sex.

Our favourite country boy is but merely a pawn in the Laura's attempts to um... dominate Bernhard.

Fraternization, assuming nep rules are similar to modern US rules, only applies to people at different levels in the chain of command.

Aendri said:
Fraternization, assuming nep rules are similar to modern US rules, only applies to people at different levels in the chain of command.
Hmm, I stand corrected. It mostly refers to the above, but also if it affects unit order or discipline, be it between the enlisted or not. Or maybe it's called something else entirely. Phaedra, if she gets wind of this, would simply want to ensure that it doesn't interfere with their duty as soldiers.

EDIT:
"The key issue is whether a relationship has developed in which mutual respect of grade is ignored." From here. I learned something new today. 8-)

cyborgakadjmoose said:
"The key issue is whether a relationship has developed in which mutual respect of grade is ignored." From here. I learned something new today. 8-)

Now, you know.

I'm getting the impression Private Aubrey is a bit of a flirt, and he will be likely to flirt with every woman in the unit who doesn't look likely to eat his soul on toast.

Laura and Bernhard should be fine, just so long as any romance which is developed does not harm the Marine unit.

Sanderford said:
I'm getting the impression Private Aubrey is a bit of a flirt, and he will be likely to flirt with every woman in the unit who doesn't look likely to eat his soul on toast.

Pretty fair description of him, however he is the essential old earth style southern gentleman so he is always sure make the lady feel at ease and if they don't want to continue then he'll graciously bow out.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back