Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

I have removed the two posts by C-Man and Centurion. Avel has been medically discharged from the Marines. The issue should be settled there. Now, I will get back to posting the mission.

The squad has landed on the planet. DjMoose, its your show now. The game is afoot. Set your spirit and with this charge, cry, "God for Harry, England and Saint George!"

EDIT: And while I have your attention, I am planning to make 4th Fleet more of a strike force. I'd like player input on how you'd like to become the sort of elite raiding force in the style of the SAS, LRDG and British Commandos (all WW2 era). I've had some ideas: extended operations behind NMX lines, non-standard equipment.

For example, there's a whole bunch of weapons I'm making available after this mission for you guys to use on your Hostiles and Aggressors. And no, Arieg, I don't want to get Paragon gear when we probably have NAM equivalents that need updating. If we don't, I can just make some and get Kokuten & the tech mods to approve.

But what else do you guys want? By the way, Wednesday night, 5PM PST/8 PM EST, we're gonna do a Truth or Dare/ Fun night between the player characters. PM me if you're down. Doesn't have to be drinking, though it is provided. Laura and Bernie will be there. Oh and I got a karaoke machine for the 4th Fleet characters to have fun with.

Sounds like a grand ole Idea to me sigma, for that matter we could also mix in a bit of old Mosby's raiders and go for disrupting the NMX supply lines and do some commerce raiding of their ships.

Sigma said:
EDIT: And while I have your attention, I am planning to make 4th Fleet more of a strike force. I'd like player input on how you'd like to become the sort of elite raiding force in the style of the SAS, LRDG and British Commandos (all WW2 era). I've had some ideas: extended operations behind NMX lines, non-standard equipment.
I'm down for this. 8-)

And speaking of our Marine Squad being commandos and the like, I just realized that we don't have a callsign. We need a badass callsign for the squad like, Wildcards, Wolverines, etc. Otherwise Phaedra might have to improvise and make something up on the spot. :)

Might I assume that each squad member has their own callsign that they enter when first using their armor? And might I also assume that this would be visible on the HUDs of friendlies?

Wow...I think I sorta answered my own question...at least enough that I can actually finish my post.

ANYWAY...we should come up with a squad name...or maybe we will come up with one after this mission.

You need to contact the flyers. Their primary job is air superiority against the flyers that Matteo is terrified of. And at least half the squadron's aircraft are unmanned attack craft.

Mind if Arieg requests that some be slaved directly to the squad leader's command and control system?

Sigma said:
You need to contact the flyers. Their primary job is air superiority against the flyers that Matteo is terrified of. And at least half the squadron's aircraft are unmanned attack craft.
Phaedra already contacted Green Squadron flyers...or didn't she?

Wow... you're not even going to take part in the action. Just sit and watch on the ship? And when Drei tells Valken you're heading back to the ship? Zzap, no more shuttle. Crew's probably junkers since everything in this Fleet seems to be unmanned.

I can't believe you're just wimping out cos you've realized I don't want anything Paragon. I swear Arieg, if you try to sit it out, you're not leaving 4th Fleet alive. Cowardice in the face of the enemy is punishable by death. And relations with Paragon are going to drop once we report how you just turned tail and disappeared.

So, get out there and fight. I don't like being a tyrant GM but what you propose is entirely unacceptable IC or OOC.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back