Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

Sigma said:
Wow... you're not even going to take part in the action. Just sit and watch on the ship? And when Drei tells Valken you're heading back to the ship? Zzap, no more shuttle. Crew's probably junkers since everything in this Fleet seems to be unmanned.

I can't believe you're just wimping out cos you've realized I don't want anything Paragon. I swear Arieg, if you try to sit it out, you're not leaving 4th Fleet alive. Cowardice in the face of the enemy is punishable by death. And relations with Paragon are going to drop once we report how you just turned tail and disappeared.

So, get out there and fight. I don't like being a tyrant GM but what you propose is entirely unacceptable IC or OOC.

With your plans there aren't going to be relations with Paragon involving the 4th since you don't plan on even employing them, so the entire reason I made the PC and put him in the plot is moot so I'm getting him out. Hell your not even paying him very well anyways :P

Arieg said:
Sigma said:
Wow... you're not even going to take part in the action. Just sit and watch on the ship? And when Drei tells Valken you're heading back to the ship? Zzap, no more shuttle. Crew's probably junkers since everything in this Fleet seems to be unmanned.

I can't believe you're just wimping out cos you've realized I don't want anything Paragon. I swear Arieg, if you try to sit it out, you're not leaving 4th Fleet alive. Cowardice in the face of the enemy is punishable by death. And relations with Paragon are going to drop once we report how you just turned tail and disappeared.

So, get out there and fight. I don't like being a tyrant GM but what you propose is entirely unacceptable IC or OOC.

With your plans there aren't going to be relations with Paragon involving the 4th since you don't plan on even employing them, so the entire reason I made the PC and put him in the plot is moot so I'm getting him out. Hell your not even paying him very well anyways :P

Avel wasn't being paid at all! :lol:

Arieg, I well understand that the character's 'raison d'être' no longer exists, but I recommend you don't be such an incredibly poor sport and just crap out on the other players like this. Though Sigma's threat of PC death appears quite over the top at first, so's just yanking out your character like this.

At least have the common courtesy to see this combat action to the end with the others here.

In other news, can I get a description of the terminal building so I can determine the best location to get enfilading fire on approaching enemy troops?

Centurion0507 said:
In other news, can I get a description of the terminal building so I can determine the best location to get enfilading fire on approaching enemy troops?
This, and the types and numbers of NMX coming in. Phaedra's doing some quick recon of her own before she starts taking them out.

Terminal building is four storeys, rectangular, glass windows on all four sides. (W-L-H) = 50m x 200m x 14m. Three large sliding door entrances on first floor. The place still has power.

First floor is baggage claim and check in. Second floor is shops, lounges and amenities. Third floor is departures and arrival halls. Fourth floor is control room and offices.

First floor is deserted. Civilians hiding on all other floors. Assume the place is a mess and people are terrified.

Entrances all face north so that's where the squids are coming from. Remember, the wall only keeps non-PA out. Rippers can easily get over it and into the landing zone.

Enemy numbers are 4 Rippers, 3 crabs with Impalers and 20 nekos with Impalers in two groups. Coming from northwest towards Terminal are 3 Rippers and 10 nekos. The rest are coming from the north.

Frown-chan said:
"Uh, ain't got no AOP, sir, I'm in a Hostile. Orders?" Rita asked, rolling her eyes. Not only was the sergeant incompetent, but her CO had some kinda short term memory loss!
Even though I read that she was in a Hostile earlier... :roll:

FIXED!

Don't blame Phaedra, blame her dumb author.

Remember what Valken said? AMPs only. Though, if someone snuck one down there without it being obvious... :? (can't exactly hide a BFG like the AOP)

Also, I will be away until the 16th so don't expect anything before then.

Sigma said:
Remember what Valken said? AMPs only. Though, if someone snuck one down there without it being obvious... :? (can't exactly hide a BFG like the AOP)

Wow, I fail at remembering things... :?

Sorry about that folks, I'm usually a lot better at this. No more posts at 2am for me...

Sigma said:

*Quietly slips out the back.*

(I shouldn't be on here but had to say it.) Frown, the grenades you grabbed from me were not frags, they're all plasma grenades.

I'm having trouble remembering, but I do know Laura is in an Aggressor, with Phaedra in her NIGHT. The rest of us are presumably in Hostiles...we only have one Aggressor?!

CadetNewb said:
I'm having trouble remembering, but I do know Laura is in an Aggressor, with Phaedra in her NIGHT. The rest of us are presumably in Hostiles...we only have one Aggressor?!

Sawyer is in an Aggressor as well, and Arieg is in an Impulse.

I thought it was obvious to Matteo. The rather big concrete landing zone is where the evac ships are coming down. Once someone gives the green light.

Update is coming soon. Also, I love conflicting orders. Matches the whole confusion of combat + disorganized team motif we've got.

Probably obvious to Matteo, but not always so for the person playing him. Thanks, I'll try and keep this in mind and read more carefully.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back