• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

So hurry up and get her aboard the Destiny so we can leave Sawyer behind!

Sigma said:
So hurry up and get her aboard the Destiny so we can leave Sawyer behind!
Bad Gm! Bad Gm! Phaedra would never leave her Marines behind!

That said...She doesn't really have any control over the ship...

So hurry up an post Centurion!

Teehee. I enjoy watching fools dance. :lol:

Well, I'll GM both of you into the ship cos I can't be bothered waiting for him. This should teach him to forget about 4th Fleet! :twisted:

EDIT: If players want to, feel free to post a reply in the epilogue saying how your character feels.

I know this is moot, but I still have to say it. Sorry.

No, in the demonstration I set up: Phaedra is "Cavalier 6". In the US Army, "Six" on the radio is the designate for a unit leader. "7" is the second in command/"platoon sergeant" sort of position. So Phaedra would identify/be identified as "Cavalier Six". However, the leader of her squad would be "Wolf Actual", and the members of the squad in question would be "Wolf 1" to however many members there were in the squad.

No problem. He asked a question so I don't see why you can't answer it.

I'll start 4.0 in a few days. That'll be the usual debriefing and then mission planning.

I didn't forget it, I was just studiously not posting again until the gm posted since last time I did that I was rather roundly scolded for getting ahead of the gm.

To be fair that isn't all correct and army callsigns do have a bit more to it than that. Also as far as US army call signs are concerned at squad level you're not usually going to get individual call signs. Unless your unit's a bit fubar(though I did have one unit use family call signs amongst squads, but let's just say those call signs never made it to radio chatter). But that all aside, Individual personal call signs would be aesthetically more pleasing.

The Army does have call signs for specific individuals, usually by position.

The version I gave here was not intended to be identical. Simply a modified version to help develop the idea of call-signs.

Well, I guess Alrik has DARTs instead of ARROWs. Sebastien, remember you have ARROWs!

As long as those callsigns won't be stupid I do not really care. But Whiskey-vodka-martini and whatever else callsigns seems boring.

Well, I guess Alrik has DARTs instead of ARROWs. Sebastien, remember you have ARROWs!

What am I supposed to have? Looking over the information on the Hostile, it gave no indication of what type of armaments I should have. I can take it back if desired, I don't want to god-mode.

[url=https://stararmy.com/roleplay/posting.php?mode=reply&f=123&t=5153:35cz56jr]Here[/url] said:
Suddenly, the Heads Up Displays lit up with start up diagnostics just like the real thing. Both of them were "assigned" the signature Nepleslian Hostile, armed with the standard HPAR and ARROW calf launchers.
You're not god-moding, in fact you're using the least powerful of all three mini-missiles.

ShotJon said:
As long as those callsigns won't be stupid I do not really care. But Whiskey-vodka-martini and whatever else callsigns seems boring.

Lol ShotJon, the "whiskey" thing is part of the NATO phonetic alphabet. "Whiskey" is the word-replacement for the letter "W." So you'd spell something out that way. Like...

"Charlie-Alpha-Tango" = "Cat"

EDIT: Rita is "Bravo-Alpha-Delta-Alpha-Sierra-Sierra"

Sigma what other gear do we have? Besides the standard rifle do we have any grenades like they do in the funhouse?

Tripe said:
Sigma what other gear do we have? Besides the standard rifle do we have any grenades like they do in the funhouse?
Nope. No throwables. Though I will let you all have your one Observation Pod.

I want you all to become familiar with how the standard loadout works before graduating to the new and shiny and explodey. Cos come next mission, we'll have more Rippers, more Ravagers and more enemies than even Rita could possibly want!

I am not an idiot Frown. I am just making fun of it.
And here I though Rita was more of a Bravo-India-Tango-Charlie-Hotel.
(just a joke)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…