Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

A tad late but the shooting has begun. All characters and loadouts are final. I will edit the engagement report between now and when the Marines land in my next GM post. For now, just enjoy the images of warships duking it out.

For posts, just do introspective stuff or whatever pre-battle rituals you have. All of the Marines from the Cavaliers and Irregulars are on the same shuttle so interact with the NPCs or each other if you want. This is your time to show off the character as they head into battle. Oh, I know its not clear in my post but the ships rock each time their shields or armor take a hit so it is a bit of a bumpy ride, sitting in the stationary shuttle.

Wow, so much anger over a joke. Perhaps I need to make a psych eval part of my requirements for joining 4th Fleet.

Actually, I think it's totally in-character for Nepleslian space marines, and especially for the Cavaliers to have that reaction. xD Also, is there some sort of like, video feed showing the pilots the room where all of us are sitting?

Everyone knows it was a joke(?)

I found the exchange rather amusing in fact, a kind of harmless muttering in a high stress situation and if it was caused because someone comically missed the point than all the better.

@Frown

Navy probably thinks marines like to swing from exposed cables and shoot through the floor when in a troop transport... so yeah they're watching... perverts. ;)

Now, I had this random thought but what sort of uniform do Nep marines wear when in power armour? The standard or is there some kind of suit akin to a modern pilots flight suit or something else? And while on uniforms is a kind of combat uniform to be worn when in action but not in PA? The closest I found when looking through the wiki was the Paragon uniforms.

I'll be gone this weekend. 8th wedding anniversary!! Dropping the kids off with their grandparents and heading to the Hotel Monaco in DC. RAWR.

*cough*

Um, anyway. I'll be back on Monday.

Rada said:
I'll be gone this weekend. 8th wedding anniversary!! Dropping the kids off with their grandparents and heading to the Hotel Monaco in DC. RAWR.

*cough*

Um, anyway. I'll be back on Monday.

Congratulations! Have a drink!

Hey guys I got ICily rid of that stupid desu, because I kept forgetting about it and because I think the joke dragged long enough. I hope that is okay with you Sigma.

Will be busy until Wednesday. Do not expect anything from me before then. Graduating and packing up is hell.

Regards,

Sigma

Map50.png

Cavaliers are to the right in green, Irregulars are the purples to the left. Map will be changed once you guys get past the doors.

You're doing great! Thanks for all the time, effort, and creativity you put into running the plot, Sigma. GMing such a big plot can be a challenge and I'm glad we have people like you who are capable of it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back