• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

I dunno. Sergei wants to get a better feel for the people that are liable to be on his squad? He wants to get away from the angry ID-SOL too? He has a thing for tiny women?

IC talks in between are always good. Better start making those bond while you still can. In combat mission there is not much time for character development.

Yeah. So you guys can either slink off after Ice, or if you'd prefer I can have her not run off quite as fast. But I'd think that having a discussion somewhere were the emotional trauma squad isn't liable to hear would be a good idea.

Yeah, it may not end so well for our characters if they have a chat around the PO'd ID-SOL or Suzuki's group. So I guess they can go off after Ice, if that's good with Wolfman.

Sounds like a plan, my man. Just know that he does not do very well around women. He is only able to comfortably interact with BEL because he knows she is an AI and therefore is not a real person. He is rather meek for an ID-SOL, at least around women, but he gets less meek the more he realizes that she won't be, for lack of a better word, mean. I don't mean mean like, "Fuck you", mean. I mean like, "sure here's my number, call me. *REJECTION HOTLINE*". He can handle "fuck you" mean, but that passive aggressive shit gets under his skin.

And Francis is just awkward in general when it comes to socializing because he is used to not having many friends and has had a lot of time by himself.

Ice is pretty up front about things, though she does have a distressing tendency to view any interaction in terms of how it might devolve into a fight for survival. As for introductions...Wolf, you could always have Sergei just not notice that Ice is a woman. She's flat as a board, dressed in fatigues and, thanks to malnutrition and genetics, is pretty androgynous in general. Francis can either join in for seer pragmatism, or Sergei can snag him as one of his future squadmates.

Actually, since Sigma so obligingly posted, how would you like to tussle with another ID-SOL? If not, a borderline former street urchin can double back to try and break things up the gangbusters way. I never did say just how far Ice chose to bugger off.

How about this? Sergei does whatever he can to try to get out of the fight, but when Butch doesn't decide that Sergei isn't worth the trouble, Ice comes back to break it up. Then Sergei thanks her, not realizing that she is a woman, and does something stupid. I haven't decided what his stupid action is yet though.

Hey guys, I just want remind you about our IRC. Come and chat there real time.

Is there one that doesn't require a software download? And if not, what's a good program to use?

I'd definitely like to try out the IRC channel some time, but I'm a horrible noob who has been flummoxed even by the IRC FAQ we have here (although it's more accurate to say I've been paralysed by a fear I'm going to mess up something).

Still, someday...

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…