Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

All that means is that I have to drop right on Sigma and Moose's heads for my excuse to work. Well, banzai...

We'll keep up this down time until Friday. By then, I want to move onto the next mission briefing and getting ready to drop you guys into hell.

Okay, talked to my professor again this afternoon and finally got done talking with my new project group about twenty minutes ago. Figure I owe Moose and Sigma an update now that I'm no longer running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. However, unless I get on a research groove later today the likes of which not even god has seen before, I'm going to be buried in the minuta of North Sea oil development and how it affected small town Scotland until Saturday at the earliest. For the purpose of this intermission since it's apparently going to end rather soon, could I ask for Ice to be puppeted into a quiet NPC until I can actually post for her? She knows how to handle simulated Hostile suits, so just have her not fuck up but not distinguish herself either maybe?

Thank you! I'm making headway on the project, but it'll still be another day or two until I'm done. Expect me to post again by the middle of next week at the latest.

I vote that we continue posting in the 5.3 thread for a bit in addition to the new mission thread. I feel like there are some things we should finish up instead of just abandoning it.

Please, by all means, continue the multiple threading. We'd move too slowly if I had to cram it all into one.

ShotJon, look at the numbers. They tell you how it goes.

There any limit on what weaponry we can have? (Aside from the obvious "only nepleslian shit and what will only fit on a hostile)

I ask, cause Claire has a tendency for heavy weaponry.

Like, AMP as chaingun, Kegbuster as secondary weapon and filling both mini-missile racks with BOLTs? That ok?

Dragonnova said:
There any limit on what weaponry we can have? (Aside from the obvious "only nepleslian shit and what will only fit on a hostile)

I ask, cause Claire has a tendency for heavy weaponry.

Like, AMP as chaingun, Kegbuster as secondary weapon and filling both mini-missile racks with BOLTs? That ok?
Judging from this entry I think the Kegbuster would be your main and secondary weapon; it could easily be used as both. It would be up to Sigma otherwise. As far as BOLTs go...If Admiral Valken lets us!
That would be cool for Claire to use the Kegbuster though, as no one in 4th Fleet has used one yet.

She's in love with big guns, so hopefully!

Sure, she'll be slower than a snail in peanut butter, but still!

((Or maybe I'm just imagining her as a XCOM heavy))

Hey Siggy could we get a list where we can see who is in which team? I know I am with Henry, but do not know about many other apart.

ShotJon: Roster

DragonNova: The Kegbuster is too big and heavy (especially on a world with 3x normal gravity) to allow a second weapon. Hence why it comes with a built-in plasma lance.

Dragonnova said:
Awww.

Well, so which would you prefer I use then?
Suddenly you are in my squad. Welcome Soldier! Furthermore, am I back in my VOID, Sigma?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back