• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Senate: Defeated #81 - Repealing of Taisho Yui's Species Restrictions

"The ability to retain appearance is already offered by most Nekovalkyrja and all Yamataian upgrade centers."

( OoC: What's this about changing for nekovalkyrja? NH-17s have to become NH-29s, geshrins and nepleslians ideally have to become Yamataians (for which cat ears are only optional in the case of nekos wanting to become yamataian but wanting to keep their appearance). There is absolutely no mention about having to become a nekovalkyrja. In fact, yamataian genetics probably allow for someone to figuratively continue a familly line too )

(Hey, if I wanted to get an upgrade, I'd go for the full warrior model - not the civilian model.)

Eyce Tee stood again, "Just to clarify, and forgive me for not having my head around the science involved, someone who is going to transfer to a Nekovalkyrja does not have to have considerable external alterations, or at least not many that will be noticable in their new form?"

"They can be identical - except for defects such as scars, warts, cancers and such."

"Unless there are more votes, I make a motion to close." The lorath Senator said after taking a sip of water.

"I object to the motion to close."

Alphonse removed his glasses for the first time in the day - meaning, it was the first time in the day to make a firm stand. If you want your reputation to recover, better make it count.

"I second the motion to close. This law may be invalid, I will agree, but the fact is that the voting period has ended quite conclusively. The Senate has decided, and we have decided against Yui. Valid decision or not, this shows that the popular opinion is against her."

He sat down after his speech, his eyes and his thoughts telling a different story. I agree, a little, with that poor Neko, thrown in here without any political experience or training. Yui needs to go one or the other, she can't half-ass this.

It is a very good thing, though, that popular opinion is not what runs the military.

Office of the Emperor of the Yamatai Star Empire said:
BY ORDER OF THE EMPEROR OF YAMATAI,

I have long made it a policy not to interfere with the operation of the Imperial Senate, however I find I must with this latest vote - proposals without any valid reasons should never be passed.

Thus, I overturn the senate's ruling with Imperial Decree #18: The senate may not counteract orders of the Star Army of Yamatai, because the Star Army works under the authority of the Emperor.

Additionally, due to Yui using orders to affect the vote, I also decree (#19) that actively serving members of the Star Army are not allowed seats in the Imperial Senate.

Signed,

Emperor Uesureyu

And with that, Alphonse displayed something that might destroy everything he worked for, but reveal something he felt must be revealled.

Taisho Henry Chen said:
- Begin Encryption -

TO: Senator Maximillian Alphonse

Senator Alphonse,

You must have already seen this:

STAR ARMY COMMAND
HEADQUARTERS, KYOTO, YAMATAI

1. Members of the following species are eligible to serve in the Star Army of Yamatai:

* Nekovalkyrja NH-27 (recommended for combat arms)
* Nekovalkyrja NH-29 (recommended for all positions)
* Nepleslians (Non-combat, ship-based jobs) until YE 30
* Yamataian NH-22 (recommended for admin and technical jobs)

2. Members of all other species should seek immediate upgrades to one of the above species. Most Star Army ships, bases, and Star Fortresses should have the capability to provide upgrade services. Failure to obey these orders will result in disciplinary action. Exception: Nepleslians have until YE 30 to upgrade.

3. Nepleslians and members of species not included in section one who wish to join the Star Army of Yamatai may apply for a free upgrade. Nepleslians, for instance, would have to upgrade to Yamataians during the recruiting process.

Signed,

Ketsurui Yui
Mistress of the Star Army.

As much as I love and respect Mistress Yui, her orders are in direct violation of Imperial law:

Star Army Military Laws
(Proposal #4)

4. The Star Army may discriminate on a basis of species, language, culture, social class, physical attributes, mental attributes, sex, and age so long as it is in the interest of promoting overall efficiency. However, it may not discriminate by not by race, religion, sexual preference, or ancestry.

Forcing everyone but the Nekovalkyrja and Yamataians to leave the SAoY will not only fail to "promote efficiency", it will gut the combat abilities of the SAoY. Some of my top officers and soldiers, people who have loyally served the Empire for years, if not decades, are dropping of their resignations at my desk as we speak.

Unfortunately, as Mistress Yui's subordinate, military protocols dictate that I must not openly speak out against her. Encryption will shield the contents of this message from the eyes of the public, but not from hers. I am endangering my career, if not my life, just be writing you this message, but my days in the armed forces are limited to the end of this year anyway.

And I would rather die than see this Empire fall.

As the senator of Anisa, you must speak out against this injustice in the Imperial Senate. I can only pray that you have the courage to do this, or else all will be lost.

Signed,

Henry Chen
Fleet Admiral, Third Expeditionary Fleet

- End Encryption -

RPG-D RPGfix
Back