• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

An Admiral Has Fallen

My Star Army friends,

It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I regret to inform you of the passing of Star Army administrator @Nashoba, who suffered a fatal aneurysm, as reported by his son Andrew to me via phone call.

1658359312822.png

This was a really rough time in his life. In January, he lost his long-term roommate James. In May, Nashoba's wife Kim recently passed away unexpectedly. When she got sick I started a GoFundMe to help her, and Star Army members along with friends and family raised over $4000 to help cover some of the medical and funeral costs. Despite this, the enormous costs of final services drained Nashoba of all his money and he had to move out of his house and got a new job working nights. He was under a great deal of emotional stress and financial hardship and he'd posted that he'd suffered an anxiety attack a couple days ago.

Nashoba (Brian) joined Star Army in October 2008 and was a star member, contributing more than twelve thousand posts to the forum, creating and managing the Hidden Sun Clan faction, language, and plots, and serving as GM of the YSS Aeon, WAP Yome Ismâopate, and Scientific Studies Service's Journeymen 3 plots. He was one of my best friends and I enjoyed hanging out with him at Concarolinas, a convention that became our annual tradition. He was a great writer and world-builder with a creative mind and his passing is a great loss to our community. He will be greatly missed and I will never forget him.

On behalf of Star Army, I offer my sympathy and condolences to his friends and family.

I’m grieved to learn about this happening but glad to finally see the face of a member we looked up to for so long. He was a good man and he’ll always be missed.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back