• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Interest Check Anyone interested in a plot?

nite train

Inactive Member
@Floodwaters and I had an idea for a police force in the megacities of nepleslia, dealing with crime that everyday troopers are underprepared for, such as organized crime or terrorist organizations. It's still a work in progress, but i would like to see who's interested before I sumbit the organization idea.

Whether or not anyone is interested in a plot centered on this organization, I would still suggest submitting it. It would be good to have more information there for characters and plots interested in operating on the wrong side of the law, or at least give GMs more material with which to craft stories. :)

I quite like the idea, like Nepleslia Home force, dealing with the matters that are inside Nepleslia instead of going around dealing with other races. Unless I am really wrong that is just how I saw the idea.

dealing with the matters that are inside Nepleslia instead of going around dealing with other races.
That's exactly what it's about. I'm still working on a name for the organization, but i have a pretty good idea of how it will be organized and where inside of it the plot will take place.

@Floodwaters and I had an idea for a police force in the megacities of nepleslia, dealing with crime that everyday troopers are underprepared for, such as organized crime or terrorist organizations. It's still a work in progress, but i would like to see who's interested before I sumbit the organization idea.

There already is a police force for Nepleslia, but no plots for it.

I think what he has in mind is more a specialized task force, like a high-risk response team akin to modern SWAT. It would be a subset of the NPF.

SWAT-like teams aren't intended to function as detectives or investigation bureaus - they're trained for quick, precision attacks on fortified criminal strongholds with the intention of shutting down a threat to public safety as quickly as possible. However, Nite Train and I did discuss elaborating on another branch of the NPF functioning much like the FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) in the United States, which serve as the national-level detectives, so maybe that's more what you're asking about. ;)

I think I should describe how the organization is planned to function. The main force for it is the First Initiative Response Team, or FIST. Sometimes a final confirmation for a full scale assault is needed, so the Covert Forces Unit, CFU, come in before the FIST to go in undercover and get what is needed. If an assault by FIST isn't enough, the High-threat Emergency Responsive Assault Team, HERAT, comes in with exo suits to finish the job. Any suggestions or feedback? Also, not to deter anyone from joining the potential plot, but i don't feel ready to take the position of GM, so any takers?

I would offer to be GM, I am GMing another small start plot like this and I think I can handle it.

I love the idea, the thing is would there be separate things for all three or could someone working in FIST also work in CFU?

I would prefer not to put on any more hats at the current moment, as I already GM another plot and just created my second character (after almost two years!), and I'm currently, albeit slowly, working on designing new systems for the setting. Taking into account my real-life responsibilities, I don't believe I could give it the amount of attention and effort it would deserve.

However, I'm more than willing to offer any support the new GM would require. :)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back