• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Anyone who wants to play as SMX

Zack

Inactive Member
I’m going to be running a few 4th fleet RPs and I’d like to find some players who want to play as SMX fleet commanders.

Blind_gardener already showed interest and I’ll be talking to her later this week.

Yes, that was the plan.

As a side goal I'd also like to include other plot ships where possible such as other nepleslian ships currently involved in ground operations or even UOC, Yamatai, and Independents when it is reasonable to have them show up. I think it would be cool to get more cross-plotship stuff going on. I'd also like to run a really small plotship (literally 2-3 players total) and this kind of setup would work really well at showing off the setting to a new player. However this is something I'm going to take up with other GMs when appropriate.

The immediate goal is finding people who want to play as the SMX.

Would it be a reasonable assumption to believe that while you would like NMX forces to be roleplayed that you do not actually want them to win?

It's an important question in my eyes, because it lead to a lot of grief between Wes and I at some point when he wanted my help in properly portraying the Mishhu, but eventually came not to care overmuch about my "even the bad guys want to win" approach if it ended up putting his plotship in jeopardy.

Wes lost 3 plotships and that was mostly my doing, so... yeah, I think the question needs asking.

If I wanted to know the outcome I would merely post myself and not waste anyone else's time. Like the bit where Wazu was on the Miharu, whatever happens is what happens.

I really don't mind loosing, especially if it is because I've been outsmarted/outplayed.
I do expect the SMX/NMX player to play to win.
I do expect the SMX/NMX player to try reasonably and pick out a fleet that makes sense for them to have.
and I do expect some level of sportsmanship on the OOC side.

I don't expect the SMX/NMX player to play fair with their IC actions.
I don't expect the SMX/NMX player to focus on one area only (like if they want to launch a diversionary attack against another world).
and I don't expect the SMX/NMX player to be someone who is willing to get pushed around just because they are playing the NPC bad guys.

I'm a big fan of credible badguys, and I try my best to avoid asking people to loose.

It sounds like fun. I'd certainly be up to it. But, if my little experience in dealing with the NMX, and in concurrence, acting as one, isn't enough, then whatever. Also, would this be a JP or SP type thing?

I would be up for it if it was SP. I've been interested in doing some stuff for the Misshu for a while, but never got a chance.

I'd prefer JP, but blind_gardener can only do SP right now so there will be some play by posting going on.

play style would likely be decided on a per person basis.

Would be interested, though I have to ask when your thinking of starting. Might have a business trip coming up so I wouldn't be here for a bit. Can do SP or JP.

Honestly this is way more interest than I thought I would get.

I want to run or at least start a combat action this week.

I'm going to aim to get a first post going in an SP thread Thursday which means I should probably start talking to you SP guys now.

Here is some information for this:
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=battle_of_elysia
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=elysia:minyas
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=mi ... :equipment

The 4th fleet will leave P1-1 and strike at Minyas first.
The NMX TG 3 and 5 have already moved onto Keren meaning it is likely Minyas will be lightly defended.
The 4th is expecting resistance to mainly be made up of rearguard units and landing craft as the bulk of the enemy force is supposed to have moved onto Keren.

Of course that is just what they think, they won't know what is there until they actually show up.

SP guys, if you are interested, go ahead and post an intro here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5090

I just set the mood but avoided saying what the SMX forces are doing so you can have some leeway in terms of what ships and gear is available. You should probably talk with each other and get some plan going, also I'll be in IRC a lot from now till thursday if you want to talk.

Well the earliest possible point of my leaving would be Friday, but nothing is definite yet. I would be happy to be part of the crew that would be running Fleet Four as that would probably be the least likely to see early action for the time that I might be away. Plus it seems to be mostly support ships and the like with a few normal war ships to guard the vessels, though there is a lot of fun that you can have with those.

Zack, sorry, I can't do it it seems. I'm in the middle of moving, and I won't have internet for a while except at school, and I'll be busy for the next few weeks there.

Well I plan to try and keep doing these for a while, so I'll try and message you next time around.

Last day to post an intro before the 4th fleet arrives.

I'm planning on putting my post up at the end of today.

This was pretty successful. Time for round two? Hopefully we can get more posters this time. I made a small Mishhu fleet of my own (though it was actually for raiding Mitsuya).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back