• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Interest Check Aquila Flight

Hmm, the Na-F/A-01 is stated to have impressive sensors for its size. Perhaps we could emulate the Iranian F-14 Tomcats and use them as Poor Man's AWACS? A custom plane carrying extra sensors instead of ordnance would function as a decent stopgap and keep the craft relevant.

@Grey Library - Depending on the sortie being run, there will be a different situational AWACS. Having an Na-F/A-01X (Experimental Unit) for Planetary Use as our AWACS seems most likely. Just like you said, it's purpose is situational awareness with no armaments, but can be targeted and taken down if engaged.

In space, the idea of a long range recon cruiser is being tinkered with. Lightly armored and armed, but stealth capable and would be the ship Aquilas would return to after deploying. Basically two items a Wiki will need to be drawn up for, but would work well for the plot.

The Thanatos is going to be the flagship of the battlegroup, but used more as a mobile training station.

Not scaring me off, however I do have little to add regarding Nepleslian tech unfortunately, being more Yamatai in my working knowledge base. It sounds like you are on the right path with modding an existing arframe to be our AWACS like support vessel...

I will just admit to being a wiki shark, I'm not well versed in any area yet, so I pride myself for now on being a generalist. :D

Not a bad thing to be!

One more AC reference for the night:
I'm the First officer of the YSS Heartbreaker... so does this make me Heartbreak One? :D

RPG-D RPGfix
Back