• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Interest Check Aquila Flight

Just remember, a plot this new: I'd let the environment design the character a little bit and not just design a character to put into the environment. We change the world around us about as much as it changes us sometimes.

I see, so we are trying for an Edge from Ace Combat 5 the Unsung War?
Not exactly, but perhaps a bit inspired... I also just have the character laying around and it would make it easier for me to recycle the history at least. She just wouldn't have the heavy paranormal aspects, rather a pilot fighting both Neplesia's enemies to pay back a debt for rescuing her and her own Mishhu war trauma that would color her portrayal off duty (dreams, drug use, etc).

I agree with Saul though, I generally don't like to make intensive backstory characters and let the setting evolve them past a general initial character flaw or inner conflict that I picked up from real life. Sayoko was intended to highlight how military members face PTSD, for example, or even refugee life (I also have the character Mochizuki Shiori who is the new Jiyuuian senator). I also suppose if we have a borderline Yamataian cultural pilot then I can also bring out some playful banter (make my call sign "sushi"or something silly) and even perhaps the touch of racism present in the SARPverse between Neps and the SAOY. Just food for thought. :)

Last edited:
Got it @Saul. I understand what you mean and I will keep that in mind.

@paladinrpg, I see. I do like the idea. It is a good way to throw some more color into the team.
Not everyone on here will be a racist assholes on here though. I learned that from Feild Team 6. Everyone will act professional, but they will have some things the say under their breath.

That said, I don't see why anyone would have a problem with A C 5 references.

now stop talking and cover me while I land

I am partial towards heavy craft myself, I am torn between the Hornet or the Hammerhead. Perhaps I shall have both, the Hornet for atmo and bombing missions and the Hammerhead for anti-ship combat.

Though crewing will be a problem, what with the different crew requirements...

Is it possible to replace the WO on the Hornet with an AI or bodiless SI? Leaving crew behind makes for poor morale.

Yay for AC5 references! My fav, definitely.

I think the ACE as an AI copilot is an overall good idea, and adds to the atmosphere. Afterall, its a very common thing in the setting. Although, I would also mention that perhaps in a mission down the line two pilots should be forced to work together in a twoseater at some point for dramatic/chardev reasons. ;)

Perhaps in a emergency evacuation when the airfield is hit by fast armor and commando units? No time to get into the air or loss of one of the aircraft.

On another note, the E2A strategic bomber resembles the Arkbird.

Good news, we have communications through the C3D communications vessel.

Bad news, short of ground radar or a starship helping out, we have no airborne AWACS.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back