• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[Asura] Asura III Major Overhaul and Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest sticking to discussion about how to make the Asura III metaplot work rather than going back and forth tit-for-tat. As charming as this is to read it isn't helping anyone.

Well regardless, I do intend for this to be a major plot point for the GAO.

Speaking of which, I really do need to write those headlines.

I've glanced through this thread.

Azura III was supposed to be a playground for the TFL plot before I had to leave, and Kim had to leave shortly thereafter. We were working on a metaplot for it that would have eventually led into some cool stuff that she knew about the UOC, and the whereabouts of its former nobility.

It was going to be really cool, but we hadn't totally hashed out what we were going to do with it before life stole us away.

If you want, I can hit her up and get her ideas out of her, or I can just brief on where it was meant to go in the first place.

Semi-related: I was totally thinking about "What if" there was a Zero Dark Thirty style plot about finding Emperor Tio on Asura, lol.

Total idea rehash.

I just saw this in the morning today and honestly I'm somewhat surprised that this is the way its going to be, I understand things got to a rough start do to a lack of informing but to handle it this way? To effectively legalize what would have been considered wiki vandalism if anyone else had done it? This more or less means the skype discussion was a waste of time or including a concept you didn't seem to understand. This rule change allowing unauthorized edits before even approval shits in the face of the content creators on the site. I can understand some formatting adjustments or spell correction but the nature of what your suggesting is effectively theft even if its intended for your faction in the long run.

I'm sorry to say this after putting effort into this project and attempting to turn it into something great but I'm afraid I can't proceed, not if this is your attitude toward setting creation and people's projects as a whole. I can understand your concern about your faction portrayal but this is getting to the point of idiocy, your grasping Yamatai and its related setting elements, even those that have yet to the light of canon so tightly your strangling it. Theres no flexibility with you, there no compromise for the good of the story, and with that rule change I'm afraid I can't carry on. As of this post all assets I've worked up for Asura are to be committed to other projects and any involvement with Yamatai in the alternate to this one are going to be to implausible to work so I'm afraid your factions out of the loop. Its unfortunate I'm going to have to abandon Asura to its fate but at this point I can't see a work around or trust that canon efforts won't be altered in a manner that is beyond belief.

That log was from like last week bro. No clue when your skype conversation took place.

Look, I'm not surprised here. Arieg you create so many concepts for the site and they almost always get scrapped because either we figured out nobody had a use for them/wanted them or because you're unwilling to work with other people. In this case you were setting up a plot that, apparently, nobody wanted to GM.

I'm actually kind of glad you're bailing on this, because I think it's been very stressful for both of us and it'll be nice not worrying about it anymore.

Update: I've started remaking the (canonical) Asura III planet page to replace the concept one that Arieg deleted. This new version is based only on stuff that occurred in canon RP.

Doing this allows us to work without interfering with each other's edits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ