• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC Battle of Glimmergold Discussion

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
I figured I'd make a thread for this!

First thing is - this isn't like a normal thread where the thread OP or GM is controlling everything, I'm giving you guys permission to basically make up Kuvexian stuff as you wish. There's not a lot of info on Kuvexians or their defenses so just wing it and go with what sounds good and I'm going to roll with it as GM because there's so many of us in the thread I can't respond to everyone individually that well. So feel free to make Kuvexian enemies/actions up as you go and if you have any uncertainties just ask here and I'll help the best I can. This is a thread where all characters are welcome and should get a chance to show how badass they are so be bold!

Whew. I feel like I'm jumping in at the deep end, but I'll figure it out. It would help me if I got some high-level descriptions of what's going on between the ships and the Sakura Fleet Depot, and then also at the Sakura Fleet Depot itself once we get there. Basically, it would help me if someone sets the scene.

I agree with Hyralt. It's nice having some idea of what's going on that way you don't write something and everyone is going "What? What is he talking about?" For myself, I'd like an idea of what kind of enemy troops we might run into and how the station is set up.

I definitely want to know how the station is set up, but it sounds like what kind of enemy troop is completely up to our imagination.

I thought Sakura Fleet Depot was on the surface of Scrapyard I.

Kuvexians have three types of power armor: Naval (Mindy), the QM-305 (Daisy, planetary shield holders), and Heavy Infantry (heavier armor and aether chainguns). There are the Rixxikor used as shock troops/cannon fodder. But it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for them to be here since they are designed to infest/overwhelm a planet's defense with their German Cockroach level of hyberbreeding. That's just my personal opinion.

Elefrin slaves are used like scouts with their stealth tech I do believe. Someone, please correct me if I am wrong. I have never seen the L'Kor used in combat, but they are supposed to be tough to kill looking at their species and power armor wiki articles. There is also a new species (the Ehlen) that I created that has come into play now too.

I didn't develop their military since I was more interested in just getting them into the door, so something for later. But I will tell you their influences and people can go from there since they are Mercenaries.

Halo Brutes (Large size), Mass Effect Krogan/Terran Wolverine ferocity (in and out of power armor), Mass Effect Taurian hierarchy/East Asia (Cultural/societal basis). Will be interesting to see how people make use of them. I might incorporate some of it into future writings on them. If you do name them, think Hong Kong like names.

Last edited:
Sakura Fleet Depot is on the surface but if you want to invent a Kuvexian Navy space station to blow up that's cool too.

I think I interpreted this to mean that there were a bunch of fighters between the Presurgence and the planet surface:
"The Kuvexians are really into using large amounts of starfighters and trying to pick off our space infantry out there in Mindy armors. You'll be able to go after them and keep them off our soldiers as we get into close combat. I think that you'll have all the targets you could ever hope for out there. [...]"

I've inserted a slew of unspecified KIN ships for the Tokyo, 1XF, and anyone else who wishes to help deal with them. Left it open so people can choose their targets appropriately while making sure we get to use the beast for what it was made for.

I don't know why I thought there was a space station. So we're assaulting basically a supply depo on the planet. I can work with that. What is the standard approach for getting to the planet? Just for clarity.

I can always make a space station if you wish.

The three main ways of planet assault that I am aware of are:
1. Plumeria 2E/R Gunship/Kagai Assault Ship lands
2. Shuttle from a ship
3. Combat Dropped (think paratroopers, but cooler) from the upper atmosphere

Mindies might be re-entry rated, I am not 100% on that. So just flying to a spot might also be an option. I am waiting for people to get closer to the planet before I start posting anything about the Kuvexian response on the ground. So don't expect any direct (let's just land on top of it) routes. *evil grin*

@demibear Just a note that Elefirn PA are tier 5 as opposed to the Mindy's tier 4. It has strong shielding. L'Kor you probably won't see much of, they've been out of the war for a few years now.

Mindy 4s have the ability to teleport down as well.

Only about 100 km at a time (Used every 15 seconds and recharging after the 7th-10th time) though so you've still got to get quite close.

100 km is just about the difference between outer space and sea level on earth. How far does the atmosphere extend on Scrapyard I?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back