• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC Battle of Glimmergold Discussion

Are the ships in orbit around the planet? Or do they just kind of hang there like in most sci fi? I wonder because atmospheres are good for slowing down your orbital velocity, if you hit them at the right speed/angle so you don't burn up or get pancaked. Then again, if we can teleport, maybe that lets you determine your speed as well as your position.

I would imagine there are Kuvexian ships in the system (which have been mentioned in my posts) and also some in orbit. Most ships in the joint force from what I have seen are in the outskirts of the system.

Oh, so we're not even close to the planet yet. Gotcha, gotcha. So someone in a Mindy will be crossing the system to the planet (encountering the ships you mentioned along the way), then making planetfall, and then breaching the fleet depot. Someone in a stealthy Daisy might be able to sneak by and get to the depot without engaging with anything along the way, to scout it out. I think I'm starting to catch up. Thanks for all the help, y'all. :)

Close enough, with the speeds used for STL in SARP transit to the planet would not be very long.

Uh, right. I didn't mean to imply anything about how long it would take. Unless you mean that someone in a Mindy can just zoom past the ships in the system and the ships in orbit?

The Kuvexians are really into using large amounts of starfighters and trying to pick off our space infantry out there in Mindy armors. You'll be able to go after them and keep them off our soldiers as we get into close combat.
I got the impression from the above that it was going to be eventful whenever the Mindies were passing by Kuvexian ships.

This is great! I have so much better an idea of what is going on now. This making me far more excited now that I've got an idea of what is going on.

Would it be possible that the Sakura Fleet Depot has mechs on it that are working construction? They could be pulled away to assist in the defense of the depot. They may not be as effective as their QM-305 and mercenary counterparts, but I figured that they could have some way of impacting the battle such as placing cover in front of allies under fire or using their claws as close range weapons.

Just adding in -

Just an update, Resolutions of the Ghost will be wrapping up after Glimmergold. The fleet will be splitting at Scrapyard. The Tokyo and the Battlegroup will be going to Glimmergold under Katsuko and Kaoru/Datenshi and Company will be going after the Akuro III with the YSS Mazu and YSS Sakura II. (As seen in my last post)

I will be launching a new 1XF plot, centered around the YSS Tokyo and 1XF, after.

Close enough, with the speeds used for STL in SARP transit to the planet would not be very long.
How long would this take? I don't know what the outskirts of a system means. A few minutes at the max STL speed of a Mindy, perhaps?

I'd say just a few minutes at max speed.

I'm looking to advance us to crossing the portal into Glimmergold, so please get your depot posts in ASAP. I'll make a GM post for the portal late tonight I think, but if you need me to slow down let me know here.

@Wes Could we have one more night? The daughters of Yamatai squad want to get in on the action before moving on, and we're time limited on the weekends. We have a JP scheduled for tomorrow night, if you wouldn't mind letting us do that and post it before moving on.

@Wes Could we have one more night? The daughters of Yamatai squad want to get in on the action before moving on, and we're time limited on the weekends. We have a JP scheduled for tomorrow night, if you wouldn't mind letting us do that and post it before moving on.
Sure, I just didn't want to lose momentum by making people wait on me. If you have a JP that's awesome and I can wait.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back