• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP (non-canon): D&D Behind the Scenes

Lol. Okay, fair enough.

Search check: Aurelus is looking for vines or something otherwise scalable around the walls of the mansion's first floor.

I urge the rest of you guys to do the same... since my character kind of asked for it as a favor. It might be a good idea to skip the first floor... then again we could be missing out on loot...

I dunno. It's up to you guys.

Success, you have summoned one celestial monkey (Just an fyi, if the player's handbook has an F listed under components, that means you have to have some type of focus to point, meaning a staff, a wand, a branch, a rubber duck, etc.)

I kind of want to see the arrows where the monkey had been but am not sure if I have to do a Search Check or Spot Check, or if I could just see the arrows without making any of those checks since Denkou already saw them.

I want to be able to see them so that my character might propose to lend Denkou his wooden shield. It might be useful against those arrow traps.

The arrow is only in view of Denkou. Since it's approaching night there's little light so the characters farther back can't see them.

Not sure whether that would be a spot, search, or knowledge check, but I'm just inspecting for stuff on the arrowhead, not trying to identify it or anything like that.

Roll (20) + Knowledge (6) = 26.

You know that it is a poison on the arrow. You identify it as poison from a large monstrous scorpion. On the underground markets this type of poison would sell for roughly 1500gp, since poison is illegal in Drakeshire. The poison deteriorates the overall constitution of the individual that it strikes by anywhere between 10 and 40% of the average constitution and will continue to deteriorate by this same rate every 6 seconds.

Alright, so Aurelus is going to attempt to throw the spear so that it lands on top of the balcony but sliding it between two railing posts.

I'm guessing that's a dexterity check? Maybe a strength check to determine how far up/forward it can go?

I dunno. Just letting you know.

Use Rope (Aurelus) to see if he can wedge it into the right place
DC=10
7 (Roll) + 1 (Dex Mod) < 10
Fail

Use Rope (Sorri) to see how well the knot was tied
DC=10
4 (Roll) + 1 (Dex Mod) < 10
Fail

Crappy luck :p

Search/Spot roll, looking for any sign of traps.

Seeing as she's not a rogue, I doubt she'll find anything, but can't hurt...and she'd search anyway.

The wonderful thing about traps is that you use the search skill, which means anyone can find them, it's just rogues that are needed to disarm them.

Skill Check (Search): No traps found.

Another strength check needed to know if the backpack reaches the balcony.

...And I suppose a Use Rope check to see if Aurelus tied the rope properly...

...friggin use rope skill...

RPG-D RPGfix
Back