• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

Fyi: Last post was Yukari's plan. I don't know if it will work. If you have suggestions, let me know. If I fuck up and we lose, I'll take the heat.

It's going well so far. Here's hoping.

Yeah, I was tossing ideas around myself and the best I could come up with was attack the ship. Maybe we should focus on the bridge, do some demolitions to break into it and then wipe out the crew there. I'd hate to lose our momentum right now too.

I have a Reika-centric GM post up. I would have written more, but it's 1:30 AM and I've already taken 2 hours writing that much (and it was a tough write, and at the time I post it I lack time to edit it or make it sound better than it is).

So, I have that up. @Khasidel can reply to it if he'd like. I'll post the continuity of the battle in the hangar once I have more time.

For your information, Man-Machine Interface Level 4 isn't a widespread feature amongst the M15 Kishi because when Nimura devised it, it amounted to a self-destruct mode.

MMI-4 has a Kishi uprate its wearer to handle the computing of a quantum computer. For most users, that's impossible with what they have, which means that the Kishi has to upgrade you. The upgrade process eventually turns out fusing you with the power armor, preventing you from continuing to function like a human being. In return, you grant the power armor the features it lacks: gyrospopic control posture, balance, grace, skill... the kind of things that allows it to trancend just being an armor.

Reika is a NH-33 Eihei. She's one of the few rare cases where Shinigami recalled the stuff that was experimented and discarded through the prototype stages, and decided to use it anyways because it figured that it could briefly flip the switch on and off to gain the kind of man-machine communion Reika needed to win the fight. And, of course, since that made Reika addle-brained through the process ("this hurts, what is happening to me?") Shinigami "assumed direct control".

At least until a point before it crossed the line of no return, before it rewrote Reika so completely that she stopped being Reika. Nor that her body be changed so far that it wouldn't have a chance to revert back.

Understandably, though, Reika currently feels like crap.

Last edited:
Revisited my previous post to do an editing job on it. Involved correcting errors and some rewording, though the actual content is unchanged.

Next post up for the fighting in the hangar.
@Tom @Doshii Jun @Nyton
I wrote it while at work and had a great deal of trouble squeezing that much out. I haven't had the time to review the text or word it entirely to my liking.

Its cool Fred, you got out the meaning and you can always edit and tighten it up when you have time. We'll work with it and post accordingly.

Hey quick questions; is there anything left of Shizuka that would be familiar to Nyton via his vision flashback or is her whole body and head aether dust? And is there anything left of the suit to give forensic data against the SV?

Nyton hasn't been involved in the two other conflicts Shizuku participated in, so there's nothing to be familiar about. Reika might have recognized her... if she'd actually seen her on Planet Kotori. She didn't, though - Shizuku was invisible most of the time, and then disintegrated with aether.

I did give an enemy's point of view, but that was to spice things up narratively. There's not much to gain from it, nor can Nyton pick up a lot of things from a mind that's, well, dead.

I figure her head, if it survived, is well cooked.

I have no idea what an SV is.

Oh no not from Reika or the enemy POV, I meant the flash back Mel gave Ny back on the train to inspire him about the hemo synth link to keep Kotorious alive. That was Shizuka's second attempt on her life so I was curious if that would give him the 'hey its that same SV who tried to kill her in the palace if he saw the head.

Nyton: "Looks like this time she, *puts on sun glasses* lost her head.'"

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

(other honorable mentions was 'third time wasn't the charm' and 'struck out' but he doesn't know this was her third attempt)

"Shinigami looks alright but how are you doing?"
"Oh, you know! Just, hanging out. Making sure everyone is OK! Except me ... I mean, I'm OK too! These silver tendrils in my skin aren't so bad. They're like jewelry! Do you think Kotori will like them? I hope she does. They don't sting at all! Unlike my head. It's more of an ache. Or a throb? It's a little hard to tell! Oh? No, you don't need to take a look. Really, I'm fine! Nyton, wait AAAAAAAH -- "

*SMASHCRUNCHSNAPWRENCHSNKTCRUNK*

"I'm sorry!"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back