Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: Bounty Hunts [Bounty 3.1] Eviction Notice

After hearing the plan and looking over the information provided Duncan shook his head in acknowledment, "So, get underground and overload the pumps, sounds good. You said these people are acting crazy? Lets just hope we don't come across too many of them then or those traps you mentioned."
Duncan looked to Jaina with a nod, "Lead on when your ready boss, I got your back."

Last edited:
She quickly ran to Bounty Hunters, then listened to him carefully.

"Okay....I guess...."

After done hearing the plan from him, she gave a small nod, then reloaded her shotgun and pistols to get ready for anything, especially for these 'crazy people'.

"Relax......It's gonna be fine...."

She would keep telling herself, for it was her first time to be in situation like this, and she was still nervouse, and a little bit of scared.
But she would keep try not to show it, for she was not alone...

Duncan noticed Katya's nervousness and moveed beside her, their size difference almost comical. "It will all be fine, stick with the group, make sure the barrel is pointed at the enemy and when your getting shot at, take cover and keep your head down. Your not in this alone so trust those around you."

Last edited:
Landing Pad

"All right, sounds straight-forward enough," Jaina said, she fastened her helmet and grabbed her rifle. She turned to her group and grinned. "All right you lazy sods, lock and load. Duncan you take front, Katya you cover his back. We go silently, better not make too much trouble for us. Is that clear? All right." She then looked back at Jacob.

"So one last thing. In marines we had this thing called rules of engagement." She grinned at Jacob. "Those hostiles, I hope we can just shoot. I mean what are they exactly? Parasite victims?"

She would look at Duncan nervously, then slowly smiles as she nod.

"Okay.....barrel pointed at the enemy.....take cover.....and keep my head down...."

She would then mutter to herself about what he told her, then quickly turn her attention to Jaina.

"Cover his back........Okay...!"

She would then mutter herself again, to memorize her mission....

"Think they're long past the point of saving?" Irene asked Jacob - mostly in a (hopefully NOT vain) attempt to show that she wasn't another fascist Funky City cop. (Only a few of them were fascists. Some were even free of accusations of police brutality.) Well, should-have-been-a-cop. In her opinion, a quick and painless shot to the head after whatever the hell those things had been through would at least be dignified.

Either way, the Room Cleaner came up at the ready, and Irene nearly pumped it to look badass. Thankfully, she stopped herself from having to search the floor for a spare shell at the last moment.

"You got it boss," Duncan said with a nod of his head, swept his Styrling off his back and headed toward the elevator.

Last edited:
Landing Pad

A gust of wind blew the dust off the metallic surface of the landing pad as the large group started to make their way back into the fight. It hadn't even been an hour since the bounty hunters retreated there, but the complex below looked as deserted as it had been when they had first arrived; even the bodies of the occupants they had killed had been dragged away, leaving only the bloodstains from where they had fallen if anyone had bothered to look down.

Jacob watched the first of the mercenaries move towards the elevator. He had already said everything he needed to and it was time to get going.

"Damn if I know, Damn if I care," Jacob said, unshouldering his rifle and checking to see if there was a bullet in the chamber. It must have been the third time since they got up there that he had done that. Satisfied with the state of his weapon, he turned to his group of bounty hunters. "Alright, let's move," he said, waving his free hand towards the open cargo elevator

As soon as they all had boarded elevator, it started rattling its way down. The metal around the structure groaned and shook as the cargo elevator moved, making the trip there more than uncomfortable, even though Jacob was sure the integrity was sound enough to risk both the freighter and the shuttle landing on top of it.

==============================

Ground Level

Jacob was the first out of the elevator as soon as it touched down, assault rifle panning left and right as he stepped forward along the passageway that led out of the landing pad. If it wasn't for the several empty brass casings that littered the floor, or the lingering smell of the propellant used by the bullets.

Further away, the two groups could see the exit, brigther than the inside despite the cloudy climate, as well as the first few buildings in front of it, making the way ahead a T-shaped intersection with the occasional bits of rubble that they could use for cover

"Alright, with me, guys," Jacob said, turning around and motioning the bounty hunters to follow him. Conveniently enough, his objective was to the left of the intersection, while Jaina's was a short walk to the right. "Good luck," he added to the mercenary leader before striding forward with the rifle at the ready.

Last edited:
Ground Level

Duncan watched as the Bounty Hunters filtered off towsrds their objective. It'd be up to him now. A relative rookie to these types of conflict but he has never backed down from a fight and he won't be tapping out now. He cast a look behind him, bolstered by the few mercenaries behind him he strode toward the assigned route. He moved lighlty for a man his size but by no means overly stealthy.

Duncan said just loud enough for the next person in line to hear, " Watch my back."

Last edited:
Landing Pad

Katya looked around nervously, but decided to focuse and started to look straightly forward, grabbing her shotgun tightly.
She then slowly stand behind the Duncan, then tapped his back gently, to let him know she got his back
Then she would whispher to him

"I got your back...!"

Then she would prepare for anything

Ground Level

Assured by Katya's tap, Duncan moved forward, Shotgun held at ease pointed down slighty but ready to be brought up when needed. He moved to the corner and peered around breifly then moved around the corner. He walked with his right shoulder lightly grazing the wall. He kept a steady pace, not wanting to be too slow, the longer they took with their objective the longer the Hunters would have to wait.

Duncan scanned the hallway ahead as he walked. Lower left, upper left, diagonally across to lower right, upper right, diagonally back to lower left. This scan allowed him to cover the hallway easily.

While walking he whispered quietly back to Katya, "So, what brought you to join a mercenary company? Don't mind me saying but you don't fit the usual bill, though I'm all for it if you know how to use that med kit you got on you."

Last edited:
Ground Level

As she followed behind Duncan, she also scanned the direction he scanned, to make sure there was no threat.
She then heard his comment, then quitely replied as she followed behind him.

"I....I actually wanted to see action, and forget about everything....You know....."

She would then hesistate for a minute, then adds.

"....And I do know how to use this med kit...I used to be a nurse in hospital. It's just......I couldn't work with some of other nurses.....You know...."

"A nurse huh? Nothing says career change more than throwing away the scrubs and strapping on some heavy artillery. And trust me, nothing makes you forget your problems more than ammunition flying past your head," Duncan whispered back to Katya.

Whispering back a little louder towards Jaina, " Corridor is clear so far Ma'am. Continuing to push on."

Last edited:
Ground level, right side

"Good luck to you too," Jaina raplied. She cocked her rifle and moved with her group. Duncan and Katya up front, Jaina behind them and rest of the mercs covering up the rear. Rifles were circling around, checking the perimeter and looking for unfriendlies. Jaina knew that her boys and girls were most likely eager to get in the action. She watched Katya and Duncan chat away, but let them whisper so far.

"Aren't you two happy little chatterboxes," Jaina said to the two mercenaries in whisper. "Keep it down and move up. Machine room is up ahead so be ready for anything."

Ground level, left side

Kendra grabbed few grenades from the box and attached her to her belt, before joining others on the elevator. She gave a nod to the mercenary captain and received one back. Kendra fastened her helmet again and sighed. It seemed like that action will get a bit more nastier with getting electricity back on. Kendra left the bow back for this action and kept just her shotgun, hand-cannon and 10mm pistol. And of course her knife. She was afraid, it will see its use this time around.

"You are quite a leader Jacob," Kendra whispered to the man as she tapped on his shoulder, giving him a note that she follows. "Maybe I should give you a raise."

Last edited:
Duncan looked back over his shoulder at Jaina with a broad smile at her chatterbox comment, "It's ok boss, next time you can be my backup and get your own whispers."

Duncan turned back and moved on down the hallway prepping for his arrival at the machine room.

Last edited:
Ground level, right side

"Sure just try to be funny chap," Jaina replied with a grin on her first. "Should hope it won't get you a good arse kicking. Silence from now and check your fire. Don't engage unless you are in danger." With that she waved her hand forward so the group of mercs could move up.

Ground level, right side

"Yes ma'am- "

She replied, then slowly shut her lips then followed Duncan.
She looked everywhere, to make sure nothing was in his way with her shotgun pointed on direction he was walking

"Works for me," Irene said.

The rest of the trip was spent trying not to listen to the groan of metal coming apart. Why the hell couldn't they go after some rich asshole in a penthouse next time? Either way, she adjusted the IBR slightly closer to where she could reach, following closely behind Jacob. Not too closely, of course.

Ground level, right side

The surroundings of Jaina's group seemed clear for the time being. As the mercenaries turned the corner to their right. On a corner between two of the nearby buildings they could easily see a pool of drying blood of where one of the bounty hunters had taken out someone earlier, as well as the dragging marks from when the person's buddies dragged him away, most likely just to clear the way and retrieve the weapon like it had happened.

The way down was a straight line to their objective, much like the way the other group had taken to secure the LZ, an open stretch of road wide enough for two cargo trucks to drive through, but currently impossible due to the debris that littered it, providing ample cover for anyone.

Ground Level, Left Side

Taking the same way back that they had used to reach the landing pad, Jacob could see the aftermath of the fighting. Bullet holes now riddled the concrete that had once only just been cracked, although all the bodies had been dragged away, leaving only the bloodstains on the ground as the proof that the fighting had indeed occurred there. Despite that, the group moved in the same manner as before, half of them moving while the other half covered their advanced.

Jacob crouched behind a pile of concrete and twisted rebar before turning around to face Kendra. "No complaints from me here," the bounty hunter said said as he scanned the surroundings, pointing his assault rifle to wherever he was looking in case a target presented itself. He motioned for the Separa'Shan to move forward.

Ground level, right side

Duncan led the group from crumbling cover to crumbling cover. He was careful not to move too quickly. At every stop, Duncan took the time to spot his next cover before moving. On and on this went down the road.

Every time Duncan stepped out from cover he felt was going to be the time he was going to get shot at. His breathe quickened and his nerves tensed at every crossing.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back