Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: Bounty Hunts [Bounty 3.1] Eviction Notice

Duncan was surprised by the strength and voracity of the mutilated men in rags. He found himself sandwiched between two hostiles and being shot at by a handful of other enemies. This would normally be a bad situation, but Duncan felt oddly comfortable.

While new to the violent life of a mercenary and weaponized combat, Duncan has been fighting "in your face" battles since he was a young boy. He reflected on his past being in similar outnumbered fights, albeit much less flying bullets.

With an incredulous scoff Duncan said, "Really? Come on son." He then proceeded to deliver a vicious heabutt to the man struggling for his shotgun. If successful in his struggle he would smash the shotgun into the head of the man pinning his flak vest

Katya didn't know what to do when she saw Duncan
She then felt something on her right hand which held Plasma Revolver, then looked quickly at her right hand as a man have batted her weapon

"Wh--"

For a second, she didn't knew what just happened, but quickly realized that her weapon was batted away, and quickly reacher for her knife strapped on her boot.

It all seemed to go down the toilet, but the fight was not over. Duncan was busy wrestling two of the locals, while Katya was fighting the other one. Jaina could try help them with her rifle, but there was a risk of friendly fire and not a small one. The mercenary leader frown and moved forward. She aimed her rifle and fired several rounds on the bogeys there were picking themselves up from the ground. She headed for Katye, the girl needed help first and Jaina had her bayonet mounter and ready to stab the bastard in the side as soon as she would get there.

Ground Level, Right Side

Slow to react, Katya didn't have enough time to unsheath her knife and attack the man with the rusted pipe at the same time. She could see the white of his eyes through the rags, and all he had to do was raise his weapon again and bring it down and brain her. To add insult to injury, there were still the other denizens behind the second pile of cover who were firing. Only something short of a miracle could get her out of that predicament.

Lucky for her, that did happen. Before her opponent could bring down the metal pipe, a second person was on in, using her rifle like a spear and stabbing him on the side. Since his arms had been raised to bring his weapon down, that just gave Jaina the opportunity to spear him right through the ribs and through the important organs there. The effect was almost instantaneous. Katya's aggressor fell down among the bodies, tried to get up, and then collapsed again.

With a quicker reaction, Duncan's forehead connected to something more frail, probably the person's nose, and he could feel something give away from the blow and crack. It was hard for him to tell with all the rags and dirt. Whatever he hit, the effect was instantaneous, the assailer grabbing for his shotgun let go of it with a moan, bringing his both hands to his face. That gave the mercenary the opportunity to get a hold back on his weapon and violently swing its stock around to connect with the second hostile's -the one grabbing onto his vest's straps- jaw. With the dry crack of something breaking, something wet spilled against Duncan's face.

To his side, the ragged man he had headbutted was starting to recover, but he simply collapsed back down when one of his own behind hit him with their fire. He and the other three mercenaries were right in the open in front of their fire, and there weren't any more opponents to stop it.

Duncan swiveled around towards Katya and took in the skewered mess left by Jaina. "Nice one boss but, we gotta take cover now," Duncan said as he hurriedly picked his way over the mound of wrecked bodies to Katya. He tried not to look down too often to avoid any unnecessary wretching from the amount of death around him.

As he reached Katya, Duncan gave her a small toss into the cover behind them to shield her from incoming fire. He turned to Jaina, "Don't worry, I won't toss you too, but I won't leave you out here on your own either." He stayed with her and moved with her in whichever direction she went.

Katya closed her eyes as her opponent eaised his metal pipe, thinking it would hurt . A lot.

"....Huh....?"

But as she didn't felt any pain, she slowly opened her eyes, then noticed her mates have saved her.

She then quickly reached for her shotgun, then reloaded it quickly as Duncan took her behind the cover.
She then slowly got up, and ran behind the Duncan.

Jaina did not wait up and jumped back behind the pile of bodies, landing next to Katya. This situation just went to shits and she hoped that the mercs doing the flanking had it easier.

"For fucks sake," Jaina said as she looked if their cover was enough and if any of the 'dead' bodies were really dead. "Duncan you dumbarse, I am the one giving orders here. You do something like this again, I will cut off your left buttcheek and you feed it to you. Now get in cover and fire back at those bastards."

Duncan held his hands up beside Jaina in cover with a mischievous grin. "I'm sorry boss. I saw we weren't making any leeway so I took the opportunity. In my defensive, " Duncan gestured around them, "we are closer to our objective then before. Plus we have a whole row of enemies down."

Duncan smiled confidently at Jaina as he reloaded yet again and took shots over the embankment that they were using for cover.

Katya ran behind the Duncan, then listened to him.
She quickly looked around at him to check if there's still any enemy alive.

She then gently patted Duncan's shoulder then whispered as she was getting worried.

"Have you got shot? Any wound? Yes or no?"

Ground Level, Right Side

The return fire was still coming as Jaina ducked back down to cover with Katya, raising small puffs of dust as the projectiles dug into the rubble. As the leader of the mercenaries poked her head out to inspect the first group, she saw the same vision of carnage from before; this time, none of the ''bodies'' moved. They seemed to be dead for good that time. Duncan arrived later with the other mercenary, while the two others behind gave them covering fire so that they wouldn't end up getting shot as they moved again.

Seeing that the four of them were back behind cover, the two mercenaries providing covering fire moved after them, keeping their heads down as they ran towards the next set of cover.

Duncan turned at Katya's question. "What? Me," Duncan asked quizzically but then wiped his face and saw the blood, "Oh this? No, this isn't mine. It's that poor shlub's that got a forehead sandwich. I'm good."

Duncan provided covering fire for the last two mercenaries moving up to their current cover. He turned to Jaina, "What's next boss? What's the plan?"

'The plan is this. Keep in cover and kill the bastards." Jaina said, and fired few rounds towards the badguys. She noticed two mercs, linking up with the rest. "Cover them!" She shouted and peeked out again, firing at the enemy in short bursts. She already knew, that locals had no fear of getting hurt. That meant that covering fire, had to actually kill the enemies, rather then make them keep their heads down.

Katya looked at Duncan just to make sure, then sighed in relief.
She then heard the Jaina, then asked her loudly

"What about you?! Are you hurt?!!"

She then raised her shotgun quickly, then started to provide covering fire for mercs.

"Sure thing boss. Hey after this can we stop off for a steak? I'm getting a mean hunger craving," Duncan asked as the cover around him pinged and thunked with hits.

He checked his Shot 12, almost fearlessly raised enough to put the shotgun over his cover. He waited for one of the crazies to raise above to shoot and unloaded at that moment. He wanted to show he could contribute beyond brash actions.

Ground Level, Right Side

Much like Jaina had predicted, the denizens of the complex didn't seem fazed in the least by the barrage of fire coming their way; when one of them fell because they were hit, another set aside the rock they were about to throw and proceeded to pick up their weapon to use it. The killing had a mechanical precision to it as the mercenaries used their superior firepower to cut the denizens down, and the fight was over in a matter of moments.

The mercenaries stopped firing one by one when they finally realized that there was no more returning fire coming their way. As the smoke from their weapons started to clear, the only people in rags that they managed to see were the ones slumped over the next set of cover, seemingly dead.

Duncan turned to Jaina and Katya with a confident smile, "See boss, I knew that getting a bit closer would help save the day...and look," Duncan swept his hands up and down his body to show it off, " No holes."

Even with his confidence Duncan still hesitated as he stood up slowly. Once standing he looked around at the scene. "We should probably get going. More may come and we have to go get the power on for the other group. This was fun though don't you think?" Duncan picked his way over the cover and through the body littered debris.

Ground Level, Right Side

Jaina dropped the empty magazine of her rifle into palm of her hand, sticking it into empty-mag pack on her belt. She took a fresh magazine and inserted it into her rifle. Her helmeted head then turned to Duncan, with expression less then friendly on it. She grunted and pointed at Katya's forearm.

"No holes?" Jaina asked back at Duncan and walked to him, pressing a finger into his chest.. "Look here greenhorn. You can risk your life as much as you want, but not when we are out in the field. Here when I give you a position, I want you to hold it and do what I fucking told you. It is called chain of command and if you cannot take it you are out. You two got almost over-run and it is your fault. Katya had to follow your stupid arse, because she was your partner. You dragged her out there and almost got her killed. So stop laughing as if nothing happened and listen to your fucking orders. We are bloody mercenaries and not bunch of mall cops. Got it Greenhorn?"

Duncan took the the finger to his chest, the large man showed embarrassment by Jaina's words. " It was a stalemate, something had to happen. Next time though, I will do as you say ma'am," mumbled Duncan.

He looked briefly over at Katya, his face ashamed that she got hurt. He didn't realize the danger that he was in wasn't just his. He did, inadvertently, put little Katya's life in so much danger. He taught that violence wasn't always the answer to children but here he was putting others in its path.

He approached Katya, looked to her injured arm and gestured to it, "How is it, is there anything I can do to help? I'm really sorry Katya, I wasn't thinking."

"You better do," Jaina replied to Duncan. She then stood up and circled finger in the air. "Okay people, group up. Eyes peeled, we still got objective to take. Dunca, Katya, you two cover the rear." With that she waited for her people to regroup so they could move on.

She noticed the Duncan, then replied with a smile on her face.

"It's alright....At least better than gettin' shot......"

As soon as she heard the Jaina, Katya noded quickly, got up, grabbed her shotgun tightly, then replied.

"O-Of course...!"

She was little bit of nervous, scared, but also felt brave for she now realized that she can trust people around her.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back