• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC Build a Bot Workshop

Zack

Inactive Member
So we have a few mecha-inclined people in our plot now and they have commented on the lack of suitable me has for them to mech in.

Normally my other character would be the one designing and they'd point out that you don't need legs in space.... But this is Uso's crew and she has no problem doing things the wrong way.

So what are you guys looking for? So far the one thing I'be heard is bigger so we may be looking at a 20meter tall starship grade mecha.

Also, some inspiration:

View attachment 6220

View attachment 6221

awww.bmecha.com_images_post_eureka_virtualon_nirvash_surf.jpg

awww.recognizer.net_coppermine_albums_internets_eureka_prj_net_movie_other_mv_characters_142.png

Bring some Eureka Nirvash-types up in here and we don't need a size change. AKA, a mecha with a ship-like support-structure (like a battle rig).

Rational reason? To provide better mobility and more weapon hardpoints. Real reason? Because it's so damn cool.

This doesn't necessarily have to be the Uso state mecha, but I've been considering giving the spacers some mini-mecha of their own for a while now... They were supposed to be cheap, robust, and able to nab weapons from any of the other factions, at least in concept.

Probably looking something like the more tubby late-zeon underwater stuff?

ablog_imgs_56.fc2.com_m_a_t_matiohobbyblog_DSC05364.jpg

Maybe with a little junky Machinen Kreiger mixed in?

ai.imgur.com_7nJYbqi.png

Likely around about 9-14 feet tall, with an extra big torso compartment so the pilot has room to move around. The original idea was that these things can operate alone for crazy long periods, so has more creature comforts than you'd expect.

Seeing as most people want something a bit more flashy, I guess I'd be okay with this being more of a mook-robo, too. :eek:

I can relate to the little junky Machinen Kreiger set up for the crew to have. Looks like it would fit in perfect with the rustic 188604 Space western theme. Enough to get the job done and give some armor support for the troops. With the rust on it.. looks like it had survived several killer sandstorms.

I can picture 188604 (planet) being the mixture of the southern states of New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Nevada and Southern California area. And vast deserts similar to the Sahara Desert of Northern Africa with their stone, adobe style of buildings and fortresses. Building would have the Western State Spanish Style Architecture.

Machinen Kreiger would fit in perfect of what I just described.

But then Majority of us are from way more advance societies where we would have the more sleek high tech Battle Mech armors. Definitely of different styles from our respective backgrounds we come from.

You never forget your first (Omni-Mech)!

I remember driving one of these around when I was 6 back when Mech Warrior 3050 came out for SNES.

So would you also design Corgan some vehicles? I'm thinking some hovertanks/cars/APCs. Or some of theeese.. aorig01.deviantart.net_9d6e_f_2012_195_1_2_veritech_hovertank_by_beeblebroxcompany_d578zcq.png

Balls, I was totally going to work on this some today and I didn't get around to it.

I think first we need to narrow down what we're working on here and then we can start getting into the fine details. I think I agree with the Maschinen Krieger design asthetic.

I think the next question is should we go with a typical humanoid design? Or should we include wings on the back?

I don't know how I'd do a transforming mech unless it was something like a fighter that turned into a quasi-chicken-walker type thing.

@ArsenicJohn We can build the K4 and most of the basic nepleslian vehicles. We can also pretty easily purchase / upgrade existing cars and such. Is there something on the wiki we can use as a starting point or do we need to build from scratch?

For mine we could overhaul a hoplite and turn it into this http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/GN-003_Gundam_Kyrios. They're about the same size. Notice it even can do this, "However, its pilot can manually alter its transformation sequence to be in half-MS mode and half-fighter mode for specialized tactics and/or unique combat situations." We could probably have a cannon/rifle in the nose in fighter mode.

Last edited:
So are these meant to be custom jobs for individuals, or are these mass production?

I need to know how hard to price gouge the pilot characters.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back