• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC Build a Bot Workshop

Development strategy...

Maybe It'll be best to make a generic humanoid looking thing, and then make the parts easily available to use for other things.

It wouldn't hurt. Right now I think I will be working on parts: Arms, Legs, ect, and try to put together the more advanced stuff after that.

My Mecha Development Album: http://imgur.com/a/YteZF

View attachment 6237

And that is about where I am at now. I figure I can fix a lot of the wonky issues where parts clip into other parts in photoshop. I still have a long way to go in terms of making the legs, arms, and everything look / articulate right.

On a side note, you may want to check out Green and Yellow squadron from a gart RP that didn't get started:
http://imgur.com/a/YfvnR
http://imgur.com/a/i8qMT

It'll give you an idea of some of the things that are a lot easier for me to add in GIMP rather than DOGA
View attachment 6238

If we are talking main PC's here. Then go for the custom jobs.

For the NPC's .. then go for the Maschinen Krieger style. It would be perfect for them to start out on.

As for me. I'll stick with my Daisy and Kawarime.

This is mainly a mecha for our mecha players to use if they want to (You and Legix) but anyone is free to use it if they want, and it will likely also show up in industrial applications

I would prefer modify it or a hoplite into a gundam type thing. This would be excellent for our main squadrons.

Yes, but eventually, ronin and Alex will have to train mecha pilots for the empire. Uso will eventually need troops.

Also, is this a destroid?
index.php

The shown mech is a Gart Heirophant modified for desert use. It has some camping gear ont he back, a gear back on the legs, covers for the optics in the case of a storm, a weatherized rubber ducky antenna on the back and camo netting draped over it.

Still playing with the design, though at this point I think I need to start figuring out what it'll be used for.

I think we've already settled on making it fairly large so that it will be in the starship size class rather than the armor size class.

I was also thinking the arms would be replaced with earth moving tools and the like for use around 188604, and a weaponized version could also be used for Alex and whomever wants it. This could mean we have two versions of the bot, or we just have one version with a bunch of different plug and play parts.

I was also thinking the bot would mostly float like truffleclub, and use those pointy legs on the bottom to really dig into the ground to hold steady, but again, we could put anything down there we really want.

Then there is the question of weapons. Integrated? Add on? Use something that already exists or come up with new custom stuff? I get the impression that rather than trying to do something special we should just include a generic range of weapons.

View attachment 6245

View attachment 6246

I definitely think they should just have one type with the ability to swap out parts. Also I kind of thought the first design you posted was better.. But I don't know if anyone else agrees.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea of being able to use legs that are a little more traditional. Personally, I like limbs like the gekido has, but I like the design of the torso a lot. I think that generic weapons would be best with custom-super-prototype weapons being limited to one/two per pc

So the original colors were supposed to be white and orange, but it is very hard for me to go from colors to whites. The coloring ended up with a muted orange and a more tealish color... which looked very cyborg-ninja. Turns out it doesn't look half bad. Some of the other color options and the progression of the below image is here.

In the RP, Alex's Gekido had its arms blown off, so I went ahead and changed the arms a bit, as well as added in some of the weapons listed that aren't shown in the image.

View attachment 6410

RPG-D RPGfix
Back