• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Celestial Reorganization Project

Hey Exhack I sent the e-mail to Fay to look over this...

Overall I am think you did an awesome job with the Mist Nebula, however, if I have time, I would like to help you do some of the background stuff for the Freehold Frontier... you know maybe something more than functional eye candy among other things.

I'd suggest a gimmick to ensure the blockade would still function, then.

Before you standardized interdiction field systems, I had gone and established that somehow the SMX Flagship was capable of using a much more powerful anti-FTL field that had a 1 light year radius.

Given that, perhaps you could bring up a new piece of technology (Gravity Well Generator?) that could be used for story purposes to accomplish the same effect as your dead FTL zones. These emplacements would - at least - be non-permanent and they could in time be removed.

The NMX blockade need not necessarily be absolute to be effective. As long as ships are significantly slowed enough either by the nebula surrounding the KMS or those emplacements, the NMX would have time to fold to the location of the people trying to cross to intercept and destroy them.

Wes said:
Honestly, I wish I could draw as good as Wes or Exhack however, I cannot instead I am good at only a few things ... or minor things like tables.
http://piratepad.net/6yVjHk0fNR

• Kai wants, "I don't mind, really. so long as there's a Nebula between Dawn and the Mishhu, and Dawn is close to it.". Honestly, I should the WIP picture of Kai system has the nebula coming up right to the asteroid belt of the system; however, I am willing to get change so the it matches the new map and how you interpreted what Kai wants.
  • Raz note " Nothing really belongs to anybody, as far as I understand it. They are just features on a map and are first come, first serve. As long as you post plans about it whatever". Honestly, I felt I have to agree with him on this will always be a truelly free terrority, that will never be under one plot-ships control. Instead I want the map to be shared between the three... or later four, etc.. plotships (not just nations) in this system.
  • I have not heard back from Fay. As I talked about in the past, I was one of key people who push for Azorea to be place that its in. Honestly, I was naive of how race interaction worked in SARP back then; I didn't realize how much. I don't want this map change to repeat the mistakes of the last one where Azorea physical distance from other factions became so great that it has of metaphysical or plot rift between Azorea and the other factions.

I hope this makes things clearer Exhack and explains what raz/Kai want and why its hard before me to make a clear cut decision about what the Azoreans need/want without Fay.

Also to Soresu and SSharp, I posted above something I meant to post months ago. Over the past few months, I suspect that Exhack has already started to address some of my orginal concerns and what Kai and raz wanted

These two pages are done as far as the map.

Saiki Cluster - Home to the 2XF (Current)

Bard Cluster - Home to the 4SF (The 4SF and the Bard Cluster systems are in the process of being updated. So that is an ongoing effort.)

Both pages have a smallish version of the map that when clicked opens the full image.

I also included graphic images to clearly indicate Star Fortress Locations.

Dusk,

I believe most of the effort is now in the hands of the Faction Managers and Exhack already provided the new 'clusters' so they could be updated.

When shall this be finished/put up for NTSE review? The current spacemap is very cluttered and having this to change it up and clean it up would be nice.

Currently, there seems to be quite a bit to do.

The following Cluster/Sectors need to be created:
  • - Hukka
    - Yuukan
    - Core
    - Haven
    - Elysia
    - Freehold
    - New Nepleslia

The following Clusters/Sectors have been created, but need to be finished:
  • - Frontier
    - Bard
    - Kapital
    - Astral

I know for sure that Kapital Cluster is my baby (which I need someone with Photoshop to help me) and Astral is Exhacks.

However, I have no idea who's doing the others. We probably need some volunteers to work with this. Though I think Exhack has most of the .psd files for the Sector/Clusters too.

Bard Cluster Map is complete, the planetary systems are work in progress which reflects what is going on in that sector.

I have all of the images if someone needs them.

I wouldn't mind helping out Nashoba-- I know my way around photoshop and illustrator well enough to be able to add stuff whilst keeping to the map standard's. All I'd really need is a copy of the .psd files.

Adding To The Star Map

I have some opinions on the star map that I want to share:

• The clustered map system died out but has some good ideas. We should continue using the "classic" (current) star map for the center of our known space and if we need to expand beyond it, those expansion areas should all be new clusters. Essentially, I think we should go with the cluster method, but consider the current map as one big cluster.
  • The above doesn't mean we can't have sub-clusters within the main map. These would just be marked zones that refer to cluster maps, like the Gartagen cluster.
  • We should try to use the map we have first rather than adding to it when possible. There are tons of "empty" star systems on the map and adding new map pieces is making the universe more empty.
  • We should place the homeworlds of new factions near the current ones. That is to say we should be expanding outward from the center, not populating the map edges then having to fill in the gaps.
  • I want to make a streamlined process for new systems to be added, including a star system auto-template.

Re: Adding To The Star Map

Actually I like the Cluster map system, I think we should continue with the effort. I like having a general map that shows the overall region of space and the ability to zoom in on the clusters for details.

I also like that it makes updating the maps easier, because the owners of the various ones can update them. If anything we need to encourage the people who a responsible for the other sections to work on their maps.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back