• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Celestial Reorganization Project

Re: Adding To The Star Map

Personally I'd love an auto-template, as it would make updating the map a whole lot easier, and present less stress on you Wes.

However, why would we have homeworlds for new faction close to existing ones? For one, it'd make it very difficult for a new faction to expand outward, because the systems and such 'around' them have already been taken up by other factions, such as either Nepland, Yamatai, Lorath, UoC (Defunct), NMX.... you name it.

Unless your going with the thought that there are still planets that have been undiscovered between the current existing ones, that I can pretty much accept as plausible. But then, we'd need to make the map dots smaller to account for that, or possibly even make the map itself completely interactive, to allow people to move about the map itself.

I do know of one RP site I once rp'd on that had an interactive map, that the players used to use to set up planets and show their domains that they controlled, it was actually pretty useful and nifty. It's probably something you can look into, and depending on how its designed, it could make it very easy to alter on the fly to show changes during a war or even during peacetime. It also show travel lines as well (trade-lanes perhaps?)

Re: Adding To The Star Map

Actually Wes, I have all the stuff for the cluster map. I can go ahead and create the missing 'clusters' then folks who control those areas can maintain them.

After all the Cluster Map was approved by the folks.

Update:

The Gartagen Cluster and the Astral Cluster are now APPROVED as canonical and are now on the main map. The (current) main map will continue to serve as the "core" and clusters can be added within it or outside it (preferred). I plan to eventually give the main map a visual makeover and add an imagemap where the stars and clusters are clickable areas on the map that go to the corresponding wiki pages.

Can I ask you to add Tange back to the map? As the location of the first I GM'd here, I've realized how much influence it has had on my storytelling. I believe it's E4.

Tange is already on the map. It's located about 25 LY southeast of the 3 Lorath systems and is near the edge of the map.

Wes said:
Tange is already on the map. It's located about 25 LY southeast of the 3 Lorath systems and is near the edge of the map.
Oops, I guess my SARP geography isn't as good as I thought it was.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back