• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: SNV Gam'trosha [Chapter 1.2] The Training Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the Gam'trosha moved, the skiffs found themselves firing blindly through the air where their target had just been moments earlier. The pilots banked their skiffs, turning 'upside' down in relation to the Gam'trosh and continuing to give chase as one of them was blown apart by the ships barrage.

Shuttle Bay

There was a whining sound as the bay doors began to close... moving slowly across the guiding rails.

Main Computer Core

"You're nuts you know that right?" Xeui'na said in response to Keri's message. "There is a lot of weapons fire outside right now...."

In the cabinet, Keri would also locate several repair kits, some of which were designed purely for hull breaches while others more for generic repairs.

Shraw, Escape Pod

The pod shuddered as the ship it was attached to continued to take fire, blowing out more parts of it. Bright light could be seen at the end of the hallway, and the heavy sound of wind rushing through an obvious hullbreach.

Outside of the pod, Ye'gor would notice long thick metal pipe that was lodged into the door mechanism just above him. The pipe had water flowing out of it and down the side of the pod, but was twisted in such a way that someone could've mistaken it for being actually 'part' of the unit, had it not been for the water.

Bridge

Zur'el pounded away at his interface, trying to stop the hack that he noitced. It was interesting that it was using an unknown network route. He sat there building firewalls and trapdoors for the hacker to be locked by, each time her would finish a firewall her would activate his own virus to attack the aggressor. He hoped that one of his pet viruses would get through, if it did they were programed to kill the ship's engines and cut all power to the weapons systems. These of coarse where programed with space combat in mind, not in atmosphere, if they worked the skiff would fall from the skies.

Shraw, Escape Pod

Ye'gor grabbed hold of the door as the air started rushing, he would need to do this quick and possibly without permission. Once he noticed the pipe a few curses left his mouth, though the others in the pod would be unlikely to hear him. The young Laibe jammed the flashlight into his belt then pulled himself in and grabbed a helmet and put it on.

Once done with the helmet, the kit started telling the pod to shut down power. Ye'gor's plan was to cut power to it from the ship then start working on the pipe when he figured it wouldn't be energized. Before exiting the door again though he grabbed a plasma torch and looked back at the XO.

Shae kept in cover, while cursing the damned doors for shutting so slowly. She looked at the rest of the team or what was left of it. "Prepare to repel the boarders they said," she thought for herself.

"Everyone keep in the bloody cover until the doors gets closed." Shar looked at the instructor on the catwalk. Technicaly he and his partner were calling the shots at the moment.

"Sir!'" Shar radioed. "As soon as this bloody door closes we need to bugger out of here. This is a weakspot, if they have big guns then will aim them here. We also have wounded and need to regroup!"

Shraw, Escape Pod

The XO blinked when he noticed that Ye'gor was looking at him. "Need something?" he asked.

Shuttle

"You heard her!" shouted the My'leke instructor.

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

Just a training exercise. No live-fire. A routine training run before her first assignment. Now there were dead. Really-truly-dead. Not coming back dead. Rosec'a froze, at first. Didn't know how to react. The order from a superior was only halfway heard, like the ghost of a voice on her periphery.

The terror didn't grip her for long. Where the order hadn't registered, the biosign indicator did.

"If you'd cover me," she murmured to Zes'kas. "I'd appreciate that."

And she sprinted, keeping low, for the wounded My'leke.

Have to get her out of the open... into cover. Can't help anyone if I'm caught in the fire too.

"Stay with us, stay calm. It's going to be alright." In as secure a position as she could manage on short notice, Rosec'a checked over the external injuries first, looking for signs of severe trauma or ongoing bleeding. She talked as she worked, unflappably calm and soothing. "I'm Rosec'a. What's your name?"

Shraw, Escape Pod
Kyle said:
The XO blinked when he noticed that Ye'gor was looking at him. "Need something?" he asked.

"Sorry Sah," Ye'gor's boyish monotone began as his helmet shook some, "sometimes I don't recognize negative reactions when I do things people don't expect. There's a pipe jammed in the door mechanism and I needed to turn off the power to avoid electrocution." He then made his way back out, first to pull the manual breaker for the pod, then to get at the pipe so he could start cutting.

The young Laibe first ran a claw over it to see if he would feel any charge. He then tried to brace himself in such a way that he wouldn't get sucked out, but also could shield the plasma torch to allow it to function. Once the torch got lit, Ye'gor began his cutting attempt, the helmet's light reaction darkening to protect his eyes.

Barring any further issues, like damaged wires or mechanisms, the kit figured he would return to the pod, run a manual boot up from the emergency battery, and try the doors again. If further issues were to be revealed after the pipe was removed, however; Ye'gor shook his head at the thought and continued cutting. One step at a time, he reminded himself as he focused the gears in his head on the task at hand.

Gam'trosha, Bridge.

I knew there was nothing wrong with MY sensors. I calibrated these things to my specifications; to not register 'real' solid objects even, heck especially during one of Nesha Prime's storms would be tantamount to foolhardiness and suicide Levi thought as his ears laid backwards on his head in concentration. His hands moving feverishly across the consoles as he typed, his darting from one readout to another as he attempted to aid not only Zu'rel's efforts in counter-intrusion of the invader of the Gam'trosha's networks with software of his own; but also to keep abreast of the events transpiring on outside the ship's hull with the mock battle that's turned out to be not so 'mock' at but very real.

Sher'Van examined the soldier who seemed to be taking charge while he hunkered down in cover. She seemed older than the rest of the soldiers around and like she had some experience on her shoulders. He decided that it wouldn't be a bad idea to listen to her advice for now, even if she probably was the one indirectly responsible for the pounding headache he now had.

The pain killers were kicking in. Qu'meyene lifted her head and looked at the person who was looming over her. She attempted to speak, but when she did nothing but bloody foam flecked out of her mouth. She began attempting to move, but the wound was severe.

Qu began motioning as best she could. They needed to move. They needed to get to the hard cover a few meters ahead.

Gam'trosha, Shuttle Bay

Thanks to Shar and Tite, the doors began to slowly close. However, as the doors were halfway closed the Skiffs that had fired into the bay gunned their engines, lining up in a straight row.

Within moments, one skiff plowed through the opening with inches to spare on either side. This was followed by a second one that flew up over the damaged walkway and came to a stop on the far side of the bay, behind some of the tall crates.

The last Skiff in the group however didn't make it as the doors closed just enough to where it sheared off a good one foot on either side of the skiff, bisecting it's gravity engines and sending the vehicles into a fatal spin that resulted in the cockpit slamming down 'hard' on the shuttle bay deck, crushing it and killing the pilot instantly. The vehicle skidded across the floor, showering the area with sparks before coming to a stop just a couple feet from where Rosecs and Qu'meyene were.

Gam'trosha, Bridge

Collission alarms sounded as peices of the Shraw broke off, some pieces buffeted the ship while larger pieces were successfully missing thanks to De'fleors flying. "Keep her steady please," said Sa'kira.

"Zu'rel, give me a status report please," the Shipmaster said and turned her attention back to the ship. Enviromental warnings were cropping up as the storm began to intensify, lightning started to dance across the ships hull and it was getting worse...

As Zu'rel tracked down the intruder and attempted to deal with it, he'd notice that whoever was hacking them was actively attempting to lock them out of several systems. He'd also notice that there was a strong signal from the intruder, indicating that the hacking was taking place somewhere between ten to twenty meters from the ship - but exactly 'where' he'd have to investigate more closely.

Gam'trosha, Engineering

"Bridge, this is engineering," Xui feverishly typed away at her console, glancing at the warning systems that were speaking of the ships reactor running exceedingly hot. "Reactor is running in excess of one hundred and nineteen percent."

Another warning appeared, causing the young girl to scowl. She attempted to vent the excess heat out into the atmosphere, but a flashing 'access denied' message was preventing that from happening. "Can't access automatic venting controls, I am being denied access...."

Shraw - Escape Pod

There was a groaning sound as Ye'gor cut through the pipe. The pod shuddered, although whether it was due to the pipe being cut or due to the ship itself slowly being torn apart couldn't be made clear.

Suddenly, as Ye'gor was cutting, a tall Laibe appeared to his side - the person had the uniform of a Netrunu'marol and stared at Ye'gor.

Shar swore once again as she jumped away from the opening. Enemy crafts were starting to enter the Shuttle Bay and that was very bad thing to happen. Luckily only two of them made it in, but who knew how many enemy targets were inside.

"Bridge! Enemy got into Shuttle bay, we will try to repell them!" Shar radioed to the bridge and grabbed her rifle. She turned it to lethal mode and moved forward. "Get the wounded out of here, prepade to defend the ship! Make sure your weapons are set to lethal!" She started shouting at the infantry around her.

Shraw - Escape Pod

Ye'gor cursed a few times as the pod shook, jiggling the pipe and messing with his cut. Part of him wished he had a big enough gun to blast it apart, but he knew that would just do more damage than good. The kit continued with his cutting, mindlessly muttering childish obscenities in almost a half growl when a shadow passed over him.

The helmet that the younger Laibe wore was dimmed to the point where the light of his cutting wouldn't damage his eyes, but a tingling sensation went through him. He stopped cutting and let the light adaptation pull back to where he could see normally, then took another couple seconds to notice there was a shadow looming over him. Without turning his head, Ye'gor looked towards the cause of the shadow until he noticed the bottom of the cloak, its colour you learn well from the media, school, and basic training - it was blood red.

Every folicle of fur on the kit's body, from tail tip to snout, rose, sending shivers throughout his body at the recognition. It was another Laibe, he knew, they were all his kind and with honourable people he would have been able to ask for help. The problem was, as Ye'gor had grown to know, the Netrunu'marol had no true honour and it sickened him that the same blood ran through his veins.

He didn't have time to contemplate however, this person would kill him, as evidenced by earlier actions by the terrorist organization. Ye'gor's stomach turned as his desired action reacted against his wish to not kill his own kind. The younger Laibe twisted as quickly as he could to dodge around the elder, with a yell for help; as he moved, he lit up the torch again in an attempt to use it to burn his 'kin' on the back.

Bridge

Def'leor struggled to keep the Gam'trosha clear of debris from the stricken craft, while still trying to shield it. She growled in frustration. The situation made no sense, they were being attacked and people killed by their own people.

"SHUKARA SRISA!" Zes'kas had been standing a few meters from Rosec'a providing cover like she'd asked, for what it was worth at least. A bow was hardly a match for a skiff. It appeared the doors were more than a match, because they were winning.

At first Zes'kas just watched the skiff as it began the haphazard descent, into the pilot's death. However when he noticed it was skidding towards Rosec'a, he acted. Zes'kas bolted towards her, and placed himself between the ship, and his new-found friend. Well, I guess dying while protecting a comrade was always the ideal way to die...

After the skiff stopped mere meters in front of him, he remained still. His ears were twitching and his tail was going haywire, whipping around.

Shuttle Bay

Tite'Yanus was relieved as he saw the shuttle bay doors begin to close. He turned away to assess the situation behind him when suddenly he heard a roar behind him. His jaw clenched into a snarl as he saw one of the skiffs slip its way into the still-closing door. Diving behind the nearest obstruction he could find, he took cover until he had heard the third skiff slide to to a halt. Popping back out into the open, he checked the status of his turret and fired at the cockpit of the nearest skiff.

Bridge

"Ma'am the three Skiffs slammed aboard as the shuttle bay doors were closing two seem operational the third took damage. Please excuse me I need to concentrate, We are being hacked in real time here, they are overriding systems all over the ship, the biggest is the Reator. I need to kill their intrusions. the hack is coming from with in 20-30 meters of the ship past that I Know no more."

Zur'el's fingers never stopped pounding away at the keyboards before him. he was fighting some one wiht great skill his hope ws that the attack programs he sent out would start working soon or they were going to be cooked when the reactor went up.

He thought about shutting down the whole system and rebooting but that wouldn't work because they would crash before it would boot back up. The only think he could think of was to shut down all the communication ports for ship, it went against every protocol there was but it was the only one that made any sense to him. he didn't have any time to ask for permissions so he just went ahead.

Every form of communication with the out side cease as the kit hit the commands for it. then he sent a personal virus to attach the reactor system to restore it back to it's default settings he hoped that with all that he could save the ship.

Shraw - Escape Pod

"You would call for help against such an opponent, boy?" Disdain etched in the soft, feminine tone coming from the lip of the escape pod. It was loud enough for him to hear, for the taller Laibe to also hear over the chaos all around them. A dainty, pale hand gripped the lip of the pod before its other passenger stepped out.

The Daur kit's movements performed with an artless grace, each one purposeful and precise. Fuzzy black ears laid flat against equally silken black hair in a state of mild indifference a tiny hand on a hip. Although her tail was held aloft; undulating from side to side a clear warning, all of it.

'Danger!' The posturing seemed to radiate. For Ye'gor's benefit and as a clear and warning to the Netrunu'marol before her.

"I thought I smelled the stench of a mongrel. And I come to see it is also one with a terrible sense of fashion." Her tone was mostly even but held an inflection of mockery. Ay'indri's nose crinkled ever so slightly at some nonexistent smell.

Shraw

The Laibe bristled when he felt the brief sense of heat against his suit and could feel that fabric as it was being melted. "That all?" the Laibe said with utter disappointment at his younger Kin, he knocked the torch from his hands before landing a kick in the Kit's chest before following it up with him grabbing the back collar of the Kit's uniform and throwing him back into the pod.

Although, his attention was also taken by being called a 'mongrel' and his head shifted slowly toward the Daur kit as his fur bristled with anger. He slammed his fist up against the pipe that Ye'gor had been trying to melt, breaking it in two.

"Big words, for such a small and insignificant creature," said the Laibe as he raised his pistol.

Ye'gor buckled from being winded and flopped onto the floor of the pod after hitting part of the console in the middle. He ached, oh did he ache as he curled up into a ball, gasping for air. The kit worked hard at getting his breath back while focusing on getting the double images back into a single one again.

When the young Laibe saw the gun come out though, he pulled his own and aimed for the elder. His guts twisted again as he set it to kill and steadied his arm making sure of his aim. "I hope this works," Ye'gor thought to himself as he pulled the trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…