• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: SNV Gam'trosha [Chapter 1.2] The Training Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shuttle Bay

Tite rolled his eyes as the people nearby continued to ignore him. Slipping his tail back into the node for his turret, he aimed the barrel vertically and fired off several shots into the air. He then slipped his tail out and continued banging it at the ground before using it to point to the neck that he held between his jaws.

Ay'indri merely held up a finger in response to Ye'gor before uttering her response.

"This is Seeker Ay'indri Neha Phra'athit of the Or'ion Intelligence Division." Well, the cat was now officially out of the bag as to just who this bossy Daur kit really was.

"I am uninjured, I have others with me, one dead due to being unable to secure themselves to a pod chair before launch. Step back from the hatch, and I will let you enter."

To Ye'gor she gave him another one of her cutting looks. "Holster your weapon, and be ready to grab her if she proves to be the enemy." She however kept her sidearm plastered to the wall while entering the sequence to open the pod.

Ye'gor's ears and tail calmed when Ay'indri's finger came up, prompting a sigh. What he heard next however, was enough to electrify every folicle of fur on his body at the word Seeker. The the shiver up his spine was followed up by his ears pointing up and back and his tail tip blooming again at the mention of Or'ion.

He didn't hear much of anything after that until he noticed the the Daur kit giving him another one of those looks - a look that now made him jump. "Uh, sh... sure," the Laibe stuttered, putting his sidearm away while not doing a good job at not shaking. Ye'gor then spent the next few moments looking between the Seeker and the hatch as it opened.

Cargo Hold

Sec'retna moved cautiously towards the escape pod. However she stopped about ten feet from it. She placed her weapon on a nearby crate where she could grab it if necessary.

"This is as far as I go. You come out of the pod, you have to forgive me. But after having my ship fired upon, I'm not comfortable with climbing into an unknown escape pod." she called out,

Zes'kas, upon finding no wounded near him, jogged over to Tite'yanus, wanting to investigate why the soldier had fired his weapon into the air. Upon reaching him, "What are you..." He looked at the not-quite-dead-but-could-be-soon Liabe, whose throat was being held in Tite's mouth. "... well, that's not what I expected. I suppose you haven't ripped it out because you want him around a tad longer? Let me help you with that."

Zes'kas produced some yukacurone, a shot of blood-flow reducing medicine, and some bandages. "Now, let go on my count of three. I'm going to wrap this around his neck, and bandage it as tightly as I can. Best I can do to try to keep em on this side." Zes'kas said as he jabbed the shot into the Liabe, emptying its contents into his bloodstream. Zes'kas gave the medicine a minute to spread, and then said to Tite'yanus, "One... Two... Three!" When Tite removed his jaws, he would do what he said he would, wrapping the wound with yukacurone, following up by wrapping the wound with bandages.

Cargo Hold

Ye'gor looked back up at Ay'indri yet again, his breathing paused, to see if she would magically have the answer to this one. "I really hope she doesn't use her authority to make this worse," he thought to himself as some squirming came back to him, a sign he was starting to dislike this lack of control.

Tite loosed his jaw and quickly hopped out of the way, letting the other guy get to work.

"Finally," he growled. "It's a wonder this guy's still alive. Try and keep him alive long enough to get him to medical. Hopefully I haven't damaged his voice box, because we'll need him to talk."

Turning to survey the room, he watched the commotion going on around him. It was no wonder that it had taken somebody that long to notice him.

Ay'indri arched an eyebrow, looked to the people within the pod, letting her gaze linger on each for a moment and then sighed. "I will go first. When I know it is safe, I will signal, two sharp whistles and then send another person out. One at a time starting with the one who is most injured."

The kit moved to the hatch, peering outside with jade eyes darting about analyzing whatever they saw. When they finally found Sec'retna, the Agent hopped out, landing with a small roll and pistol in hand. She swept the bay from left to right, ahead and behind going so far as to even look up. But she always had an ear directed toward the Healer. When finally satisfied, she shuffled over to the older Daur.

The Daur kit moved in a circle around Sec'retna, inspecting her from head to toe until she stopped in front of the woman again.

"Shukara Navy Uniform, you're Daur, meaning you're not Netrunu'marol. You've the Healer's markings on your uniform... Standard Naval gear, Healing kit. Alright, I choose to believe you, for now."

With the pistol still in one hand, Ay'indri raised her other, placing thumb and index finger between her lips and letting forth two short, sharp whistles.

Qu'meyne held tight. She had no idea what all this talking was about. An attack had just occurred, and she understood that caution was the better part of valor. But unfortunately the fact that the young Mye'leke could see her own blood had dissolved any concerns she had in such manner.

"BY THE QUEENS ASS! TELL THE DAMNED MEDIC TO SHUT HER PRICK HOLSTER AND GET OVER HERE SO SHE CAN DO HER DAMNED JOB!" She said snarling. Her speech was a crackling rumble, forced using every last bit of energy she had left.

Gam'trosha Hull

"You have got to be kidding me," Keri muttered in exasperation. "Of all the stupid... if I ever find the idiot this left this maintenance hatch unlocked, I swear I'm going to kick his behind till it's yellow and green."

The kit continued to mutter darkly under his breath as he gripped the hatch handle tight and threw his weight against it in order to close it shut for good. For a brief moment, he had considered trying to use this access point to find his way back inside the ship, though from its appearance he doubted even he could fit.

Once the hatch was sealed and properly locked this time around, Keri turned back toward the airlock through which he had originally come and began to trudge along with slow, careful steps, across the hull. Throughout his silent trek he stopped only once to spare a look of morbid fascination for his frightening and hazardous surroundings, before continuing his journey back inside.

Shuttle Bay

"Settle down!" shouted the Daur instructor when he heard Qyu'amene's vulgar shout. He ran over to the My'leke and pulled a medical kit off the wall, when he was next to the wounded soldier. "The head healer is indisposed of at the moment, you need to stay calm or else you'll risk opening the wound," he said and threw open the kit and began to administer a sedative to deal with any lingering pain.

The Laibe that Tite'Yanus had been holding down, struggled to turn toward the My'leke and, slowly so to make sure his words were clear, said. "Fuck...... you......" before the terrorist passed out.

Hull

Keri would've had a nice front row seat to the carrier that was just below and ahead of them, without the glare of any windows, it was easy to see the flashing of that ships weapons illuminating against the clouds. It was a eerie, yet most beautiful sight to see.. if only it wasn't pointed toward their fellow ships.

"Keri, what's your status?" Quin called.

Bridge

There was nothing but panic on the comm.'s, it had become apparent after Def'leor had listened to it that - much like with the Levia incident, their squad leader had been taken out in the first strike and now no one was commanding this squadron of ships; there was nothing but complete disorganization.

However, on her displays she would notice a message that appeared from the 23rd Defense Corps, a group that was responsible for operating several of the capital's ground to orbital based cannons.

Code:
Received your message. Please relay coordinates for enemy ship along with current heading, once sent, clear the area so you are not caught in the attack.

As Sa'kira listened to the message from Zur'el, she nodded her head and sent one of her own. See if you can burn it out please.

Cargohold

"Bridge to Cargohold, what's the status of the escape pod?" Sec'retna would hear over the holds inter-com system.

Shuttle Bay

"Well, I must be doing something right then," he said with a smirk as he glanced at the now passed-out terrorist. Walking over to the nearest terminal, he slipped his tail into the appropriate slot and pulled up the comms system.

"Mar'Tendo-C'bar to Bridge. The shuttle bay is secure, all OPFORs either dead or in custody. All friendly casualties being treated. Orders."

Bridge

Def'leor looked at the chaos and the recent message. She did another sensor sweep of the area as she programmed an escape vector. Once she had the data requested, she queued it up for transfer on her IDT.

She opened a channel to the squadron, "This is the NSV Gam'trosha to all squadron vessels. On my mark, all ships should execute an escape vector from this location. Maximum acceleration and return to base at best possible."

She then transmitted the firing solution data to the Defense Corps, with the Gam'trosha's registration number as proof.

Def'leor opened the intraship channel. "Attention all hands. Brace for evasive maneuvers, and possible collision warnings. Bridge out."

She opened the channel to the squadron, "All Ship's initiate maneuver, three, two, one, mark." She engaged the ships engines, at the maximum acceleration that they could provide and flew the ship on an ascending, banking trajectory to get it out of line of sight.

As she did so, she transmitted updates on the hostile ship position, until they could no long detect it.

Ye'gor took a deep breath as Ay'indri made her way out of the pod and looked over at everyone else whom had been with them. "Other than the XO," he began, "who hurt?" The young Laibe's eyes scanned over them from a distance to see if he could catch any visible signs himself before the warning went out to brace for evasive maneuvers.

Shar was walking through the hangar-bay, checking behind the boxes. She got right up to the the vehicle those terrorists used to crash-land inside. She frown and quickly turned in to check the inside. It was empty. So there were only two of them, the ones she saw earlier. One was bleeding out and second was nowhere to be found.

"Bridge this is Shar," she hit the comm-lines, asking a question after muting speakers on her helmet. "We have a bit of a problem. We can't seem to locate one of the targets. It is a laibe and it is somewhere in hangar or loading bay. Might be the service ducts, I would appriceate if you would tag him for me."

"Scans show several heat signatures in the shuttle bay, assuming the ones in the man bay are yours, there is only one heat signature below you in the shuttle bay. Advise caution though, there are several objects in the bay that are giving off heat so there is no positive way to determine which is alive and which is not." Came Sa'kiras response after a minute.

"None of us is downstair as far as I know bridge. Which heat signature is large enough to be laibe?" Shar asked, already moving to the hatch leaving down. The one closest to the place, where Laibe terrorist was last seen.

"Near the secondary entrance, western side of the shuttle bay nearest where one of those skiffs crashed."

"Possible hidden entrance I could use to get there? He or she will have the two main ladders covered." Shar needed to get a drop on the bastard.

There was silence on the comm.'s for a few moments, before Sa'kira came back. "There is a maintenance hatch on the eastern part of the bay that you can use to access the loading docks. Whether or not the enemy has it covered we can't answer, there are no sensors in that area."

"Roger that, Shar out." The black furred Daur covertly moved towards the hatch. She pointed at the two ladders going downstair and then at two members of the team that played at being OpFor, before this training mission became defense against terrorist assault.

Shar herself reached the maintenance hatch and opened it. She then squeezed inside and then slowly and silently moved through the space towards the loading bay. Hopefully it will give her chance to surprise the bastard downstairs.

The inside of the maintenance looked rather clean, but then again, the ship was still fairly new. There was another hatch on the far end that lead into the loading bay, beyond it she would hear someone breathing, quite heavily in fact.

Shar very quietly moved to the hatch, centimeter by centimeter. She could not count on hatch opening silently, but she had some idea as where her target was. It was good thing, she was down there once already that day. Helped her orient a lot better and told her where the terrorist was waiting.

She pushed the button and waited for the hatch to open as she leaned in and aimed where the terrorist was.

There a slight whining sound as the hatch began to open up; slowly it drew backwards as the breathing in the room stopped. From where Shar was, she would notice the terrorist on the far side looking straight at the hatch, either this terrorist hadn't notice her yet or had and was waiting to see what she would do; in either case, there was a rifle aimed in her direction.

"Anyone upstairs," Shar whispered into comms of her sound-closed helmet. "Make a very very very loud sound."

It took a moment, perhaps two, for there to be sound that attracted the terrorists attention - as he looked up at the grating above for a moment.

Shar aimed at his head. "Drop the gun or you are dead. I don't play." Shar said to him with ice cold tone of voice. She was ready to just pull the trigger if he moved. Her gun was set to stun, but even that could be dangerous as she aimed at his head.

The terrorist suddenly looked in Shar's direction and raised his rifle to fire, his finger moving over the trigger.

Shar did not hesitate, as soon as he looked down in her way she pressed the trigger and let out a burst of bolts. He had a choice and he blew it. She preferred this way anyway.

The first one hit the terrorist in the head, recoiling the head backwards while the second hit the neck. The terrorist fell up against the wall in a heap and slid down, their body twitched a few moments before it fell still.

Shar climbed out of the shaft and then creeped toward the man, aiming her gun on him the whole time. She kicked off his weapon, before she knelt down and checked for life-signs, expecting him to just fake it, although that was very very unlikely.

There was a very faint pulse; but from all appearances, he was out cold and wouldn't pose any further threats to Shar or the rest of the ship. Several items spilled out of the man's pockets, however, when he had fallen - including a book and a note.

Shar's curiosity did not let her just leave it. She picked up a note and read it. "I got him. Area clear," she radioed meanwhile. "He needs to see a doctor though. We would not want him to miss his future execution after all."

"Everything should be up and running....now" Levi said and with a gentle push of a touch sensitive pad delivered with a nice flourish..sensor panels and targeting control lights and displays lit up across the bridge. "Weapons are online and at your command, Def'leor"

Bridge

"Thank you,' Def'leor said with a smile, she programmed the weapons to for defensive fire as the Gam'trosha followed her command to get out of the area. She was not about to let the ship be taken down by one of those pods or a lucky missile.

She watched as the ship continued to steak away and waited for sensors to show some sort of response from the Defense Corps. Perferrably in the form of pain for the traitors.

Cargo Bay

Noting that everyone seemed ok, Ye'gor looked again at the deceased XO and heaved another sigh as a look of guilt crossed his face. "We're not leaving him in here like this," he frowned, then tapped one of the others still in the pod, "I'll take him by the shoulders, you take the feet; and be respectful." The kit then took up his position at the officer's head he bent down onto his left knee, crossed his right arm over his chest, and bowed his head, holding the position for a minute.

Once done the young engineer put his right knee down and pulled the XO's head and torso onto his knees, being sure to do it gently. Ye'gor then brought his arms under the officer's arms in an attempt to cradle then looked to the other whom he had conscripted. "Wrap his tail around him once, and find a way to keep it there" he instructed, "then take his feet - we will lift together."

Once his fellow barer had completed what was asked and got into position, Ye'gor counted down with the other. They lifted the officer up together, the engineer using what Laibe strength he had, though being so young, and they carefully walked the XO out of the pod. Once outside, the kit looked towards the medic and asked, "He was killed when we fell. Is there somewhere we can take him?"

Bridge

Seconds would pass before sensors picked up a large energy spike coming in their general direction, multiples in fact and it only took a few more seconds for the clouds in the area to part due to the intense heat caused by the weapons.

It was eight different plasma beams that carved their way through the storm, coming from the capital city, and impacting on the carriers starboard side. Shields flared for several seconds before their colors changed and then finally popped, the beams punched into the hull and then right out through the other end, leaving eight almost perfectly spaced holes in the hull.

The ship began to descend toward the ground below, its own turrets falling silent from the attack.

Sa'kira listened in to the internal comm. chatter, hearing about the intruders in the shuttlebay being dispatched made her smile with satisfaction. She then rubbed her chin for a moment, "Marines, search your prisoners for any useful intelligence, if you find any, please report on it."

Shuttle Bay

"Medic!" shouted one of the instructors as they were dealing with Qyu'amene's injuries.

The note that Shar read contained the following:

Code:
Destroy this once you have read it.

There's a package for you at one one five notre street. Recover package, then meet with our contact at the military base to switch off. Remind this contact to switch out the labels on the shipping containers so that those containers will be shipped to our people instead.

Gam'trosha Hull

"Quin... I'm performing EVA on the outside of a ship, during both combat and atmospheric flight. My status is scared-out-of-my-freaking-mind! I'm done out here, so I'm headed back inside before I'm vaporized, someone decides to shoot my tail off, or before my mag-boots suddenly fail and I'm sent hurtling to a gory demise... also, tell Vail'ant to stop rocking the boat... she's making me seasick!" The young kit had descended into semi-sarcastic joking due to his fear, but he was still moving inexorably toward the airlock.

Once her finally reached it, he opened it with the manual contol and as the doorway slid open he began to carefully inch over the lip of the entrance and pull himself inside. The young kit's breathing was ragged and strained as he slammed his hand down on the controls that would shut the door and equalize the air pressure in the small chamber and the rest of the ship.

With strained nerves, he balefully glared at the red indicator light above the pressure display until it turned green, signaling it was safe for him to remove his helmet. He did so, stepped outside the airlock and began depositing the helmet and boots back inside the storage locker from which he had retrieved them originally. Then with his comms, he contacted Quin again.

"Quin, it's Keri. I'm back inside and need an update... were you able to remotely trigger the restart?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…