Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: SNV Gam'trosha [Chapter 2.1] Fine Dining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

Insane Story Writer Foxy
Inactive Member
Geo'kenese Starbase
Outside Elevator to Ki'nene Restaurant

Sa'kira stood, leaning up against the wall as she watched dozens of people walking by. Some appeared to be heading to work, given their attire, others looked to be possible tourists. She was wearing formal clothing, an officers dress with the ribbons and medals she had been awarded; the ships name and an image of the ship itself was emblazoned on her right sleeve while the left showed what fleet the ship was attached to. She hoped that the other crewmen would remember to come with formal wear.

The hallway was dark, and the only visible light came from the trickling of water that was coming down the sides of the walls and collecting in small rivers on the sides. The water was of a reddish color, and casted an eerie on the ground around it, it was just enough light to allow the Neshaten to see clearly in the dark.

The Shipmaster looked around, wondering when her crew would arrive. Everyone had been invited, those who hadn't made it to the briefing when she announced the reservations would've found a message on their communicators, informing them of the invite.

She glanced up at the ceiling and closed her eyes in waiting.

Ye'gor made his way over in his dress uniform which was a stark contrast to the Shipmaster's in terms of decoration - a sign of his whole career ahead of him. He looked around frequently, taking in the scene while his ears stood up - not quite forward, not quite back - with curious trepidation. The kit then finally approached Sa'kira and delivered his salute again.

"Mah," he said gently enough to keep from bothering others, but loud enough for the officer.

Def'leor rode up the elevator to the Ki'nene. She did a last second check of her appearance and adjusted her dress uniform. Not sure why the Ship Mistress chose a food venue. We just ate a little over an hour ago at the lounge.

When the door opened, she stepped out. She quickly spotted Sa'kira and walked over to join her and the other crew member.

She gave a salute, "Hello ma'am"

Zes'kas flattened out his uniform again, getting rid some left-over wrinkles. looking for the Shipmaster. Nice of her to invite everyone out. Upon spotting her among the crowd, he worked his way over, and saluted.

"Thank you for the invitation ma'am." Zes'kas grinned. He saluted to Def'leor as well.

"Welcome," Sa'kira said with a curt bow of the head, it wasn't customary but it didn't matter to her given that they were guests today; after all, it was their day off and there was no need for military regs right now.

"Waiting on several more, although if you want, our table is already set," she looked over at a waiter, a Laibe who was standing near the elevator door that would take them down into the restaurant. The Laibe wore a rather extravagant looking business suit.

He stood, waiting for them to get file in. "The waiter can show you to the table if you'd like," she said.

Ye'gor's ears moved towards the others as they showed up a little before his eyes did. When Def'leor arrived, he moved off to the side to keep out of the way, nervous as he was in the presence of the two officers. Then Zes'kas came and the young engineer started to feel a little less overwhelmed, even though he was the only kit there yet.

When it the offer was given to enter the restaurant and go to the table, the kit thought to accept it; though he would rather not go on his own. With that in mind, Ye'gor looked to Def'leor and Zes'kas to see what move they would make.

Def'leor looked at the others. "Why don't we go ahead and get seated. After all there is no reason to stand around waiting for the others. We can relax and start checking out the menu to see just what is available today." she said.

Def then turned to the waiter, "Please show us to our table."

"I agree!" Zes'kas nodded energetically, messing up his uniform a bit. He frowned as he quickly fixed it back to its proper state, "Are you coming too?" The last query was directed at Ye'gor as Zes'kas waited for the waiter to show them to the table.

Zes'kas had his friendly and casual tone, with that big grin on his face again.

Def'leor's move was enough to have Ye'gor decide to follow the waiter; but when Zes'kas asked him if he wanted to go, he relaxed a little more. "Yes, I'll head in as well," he replied in a still somewhat tense voice then moved to follow, giving an attempted look of appreciation to the Shipmaster on his way.

As the group conversed, the elevator to the Ki'nene Restaurant underwent its next run down and then back up. Once it opened, the form of Keri'cruen appeared, attired in a clean and practically wrinkle-free dress uniform, appropriately sized for a young male of the Shukaren Navy's youth corps. Keri's usually unkempt platinum-white hair was for once fairly neat and tidy, while his inquisitive blue-green eyes scanned the area, spotting the others as they began to make there way to their table.

"Ahh..." Keri mumbled, initiating a brisk walking pace so that he could catch up to the others. Once he managed to do so, the young kit grinned softly and said from behind, "Hello all."

Ki'nene Restaurant

The waiter gestured toward the elevator, and waited for the crew here - besides Sa'kira - to board it. When everyone was aboard the waiter hit the button to take them down into the restaurant, it wasn't no more than a few seconds before it arrived at the second floor of the establishment.

As the doors parted, the waiter stepped out and beckoned for them to follow him. The place was made out of a transparent material, which afforded the crew and those there a majestic view of Levia, which rotated slowly beneath them. Ships flew by every so often, some large, some smaller, some that the crew would recognize, but others they wouldn't.

At the far end of the establishment was a table which had a holographic sign floating above up, the sign had the words 'Reserved for NSV-Gam'trosha' and standing on either side were two other waiters who seemed to be waiting patiently. This entire set up had the hallmarks of royalty in it, but anyone who had been to this restaurant before would know that the trade family that owned it treated the military very well.

Around them, there were others there as well, military personnel and their families, some with Kits who seemed rather giddy at the activity out in space.

"Please," one of the waiters said, and gestured to the array of seats that ringed a round table.

Def'leor looked around the room briefly. Then made her way to the table. She looked at the sign, and then the table. This is definitely higher scale then I am used to. Obviously the commander can afford it.

After choosing the seat she wanted she stood behind it and looked at the others. "Take a seat. No telling how long we will be waiting for the rest of the crew." she said with a smile, then sat in her selected chair.

As the elevator climbed up to the place of the meeting Zu'Rel straighten his formal dress before placing his left hand on the hilt of his sword. He wasn't sure if he really wanted to come to the dinner, he had quite a bit of paperwork to be doing instead. Plus there was the whole deal with the captives that still needed a full interrogation.

As the lift came to a stop he sighed just before the doors slid open. Once he was off the lift he saluted the Shipmistress, "Evening Ma'am reporting as ordered." He stood at attention waiting to read the mood of the CO.

Upon leaving the elevator, Ye'gor's tail froze as his ears popped up, facing forward. He had never been in such a nice place before, and it showed in his rather cowed body posture and wide eyes. Even the ships that passed by ended up part of the scenery rather than something the engineer focused on - the shock was too much.

Finally, after a moment of staring and being stared at in the middle of the restaurant, the kit came back to himself and realized he had lost the other two. Looking around he noticed the waiter and Def'leor at the table and made quick in that direction, ducking around other people as he went. Finally once at the table, he chose a spot not too close to anyone, but also with his back facing the way in and stood at the table.

Def'leor looked a the others. "We are off duty, you can sit while we wait for thw others to arrive." she said picking up the menu and perusing it.

Zes'kas looked around as he followed the waiter, getting a little distracted at all the people, and the glass floor. "Pretty." He stated to no one. He wasn't uncomfortable one bit, he loved company.

Upon reaching the table, he quickly took a seat, one that faced the entrance to the room, so he could see who arrived. "This is a nice place." He said as he studied the menu. Meat and Fruit, maybe something spicy.

Ay'indri arrived minutes after the majority of the crew had, taking the time to question the man at the front desk in a hushed tone. Inclining her head to the man, the kit seemed to slowly glide across the floor while making her way toward the table. She however frowned slightly at seeing them in their dress uniforms and her own distinctly different attire.

Her own had been destroyed in the evacuation of the Shraw, along with the majority of her gear. Upon learning of Sa'kira's invitation she'd therefore rushed out, and sparing no expense bought formal attire for the restaurant. Clad in a smokey-grey, strapless Iter'shoo (Silk-like Material) dress, the kit also had purchased high-heels to accompany it.

The Agent had even placed her hair into a somewhat elaborate but loose ponytail, along with clip-on silver earrings and necklace containing a teardrop-shaped locket. Frown still in place on delicately painted lips, but slowly receding while giving each of the crew a nod in turn. Ay'indri tapped at her handbag lightly, the sea green tourmaline bracelet glinting in the light as she did so.

"Ladies, Gentlemen... I apologize if I am tardy. However I was instructed to wear formal attire." The kit cleared her throat a little, looking toward an empty chair. "My dress uniform was destroyed when the Shraw was sunk. I trust this will do?"

Def'leor looked at the newest addition to the soiree. She noted the very obvious deviation from the request for Formal Uniforms. When she heard Ay'indri's explanation she smiled. The destruction of the Shraw was months ago. What has this kit been wearing on ship for all this time. Hopefully not the same uniform. she thought.

"Please join us. While not a formal uniform, it does have the benefit of being eye catching. I will need to contact logistics and about getting you reissued your standard uniforms."

Inclining her head, Ay'indri pulled an empty seat out, carefully seating herself. "I'd sent a request in for replacements already. However they may have either forgotten or been too busy to ship them as of yet. Thankfully the uniform I had on at the time has kept well with extensive washing. But, perhaps if it were you, you could get them to send replacements sooner. I'm none too knowledgeable of the intricacies of our Logistics Division, so a more experienced hand would be of better use."

Def'leor nodded at Ay'indri.

"I will contact them in the morning and have them prioritize your requisition. While I am at it I should probably see what supplies the Gam'trosha requires. I am sure that command is going to eventually let us actually go exploring with the Gam'trosha. Best to send a broadcast message to the entire crew for ship or mission related items." she let out a sigh.

No rest for the acting first officer, she thought.

"So, where did you get that ensemble. It is as I mentioned quite stunning."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back