• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: SNV Gam'trosha [Chapter 2.1] Fine Dining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Def'leor listened to the Ay'indri's order. Sounds like a fancy meal, for people with expensive tastes. Somehow I have a feeling that home cooking was not a common factor in her life. she thought.

"Sounds interesting. Was it something you had for special occasions?

"In a manner of speaking..." The kit paused, sipping at the almost clear tea she'd ordered earlier. "It was something my brother ordered for me whenever I went with him on business to Netoshen. We would always stop at this little place, Ci'ris it's called. A bistro in the Inner Walls, not well known, but those that know of it return of the food and atmosphere."

A tight little smile formed on pale lips then, "He was killed when I was five. I order this dish as a reminder of him whenever I feel nostalgic."

After making his order, Ye'gor sat back to listen as everyone talked. It was interesting the rituals of the well off and the direct curiosity of others. The young engineer, on the other hand, wasn't quite sure what to say, as most tend not to be interested in the things he would typically try to discuss.

Shar looked at the waitress with a smile. "I would love a glass of Kro'sis for starts. For meal I would like a spicy Xes'na steak please, medium done. Make it spicy for me. The hotter the better." With that she smiled and set down the menu. "Oh and glass of juice as well please."

Shar was curious that no one question her utter politeness so far. Not even the ship-mistress. She the sure that laibe computer-geek was on to her for sure. After their little exchange in the elevator. But now she paid her attention to the ship's pilot and new daur. Just in time to hear something sad.

After taking the orders, the waiters gave a courteous bow of the head before leaving to put the orders in with the chefs. Things had gotten quiet a little around the restaurant, people were looking toward the central stage that was still being set up.

People were also paying attention to what was going on 'below' them. There was a large group of star fighters that were setting up in groups, there were easily twenty of them, with four groups of five and each one spaced out just enough.

A holographic window appeared suddenly over the restaurant, and displayed what was going on. It was a training exercise, a mock skirmish between four different squadrons. Each squadron was comprised of a different type of starfighter, a type not yet seen in service within the Navy and each one had emblems that showed that they were each part of a different starfighter squadron.

One squadron was a skull and crossbones like emblem, with a Daur in the center holding a bomb in one hand and missile in the next. Their starfighters looked rather sleek compared to the rest, with an elongated nose and no evidence of a cockpit.

The second squadron had the emblem of a My'leke with a group of star-fighters blazing in the background, the My'leke tail was wrapped around one of the fighters. This squadron had more bulky looking fighters, with a more discernible cockpit and a very long 'wing' that extruded out of it.

The third squadron was different from the rest, its emblem was comprised of a red shield with a stack of missiles in the foreground. Its starfighters weren't bulky or sleek, but much smaller than the other two squadrons, their cockpits were also not easily noticeable but their size made it obvious that this squadron was not of adults but rather Kits.

The fourth, and final, squadron was comprised of larger starfighters, bulky, yet sleek at the same time. They had obvious looking turrets on the tops of the fighters that slowly scanned the area around them. Their emblem was shown to be that of a golden field of wheat, a group of bombers flew in the background along with a group of tanks that were hidden in the field.

As Sa'kira watched, her eyes shifted over to a man wearing a business suit; the Daur walked around with a circular serving table in one hand that had a number of items on it, paper and pencils. The man was about to enter into the area where her and her crew were, but stopped when his eyes noticed a placard on the table, he then quickly turned around and left; causing the Shipmaster to shift curiously in her chair.

Her attention was shifted back to what was going on below them. "So, who here knows the meaning behind the squadrons and their emblems?" she asked, knowing that her crew more than likely didn't know the answer - since all four squadrons were relatively new.

Ye'gor had looked down to see the various shapes and possibly any armament they had. Though the designs were not familiar to him, there usually was a discernible "mission" that every system was designed for. The kit then heard the Shipmaster's question.

"Fighter bombers, attack fighters, defensive squadron, and planetary assault bombers would be my current guess, mah," the engineer offered in a seemingly distracted tone. His eyes continuing to go over aeroframe design, engine placement, and pilot placement for more of a clue.

Def'leor listened and took stock of the fighters. She wondered why they were being displayed, being so new. Perhaps there was some sort of public relations event taking place down there. An attempt to bolster morale and public support in light of the earlier terrorist episodes.

"I would say that given just the emblem as a reference that C'Baruce Tos'cana's response would be fairly accurate." she offered

"And you'd be correct. Each squadron has their specialties." Sa'kira starred down at the four groups of star-fighters. "You'll find that each squadron has their advantages and disadvantages but each one works in tandem with one another to help off-set their drawbacks."

She smiled. "The squad with the Kits, for example. Their fighters are much smaller than those operated by us adults, because of that they can swarm enemy ships more easily and make it a pain in the butt for a ships gunnery crews to target them. The other three squadrons use this as a distraction method to get in close and disable systems, such as engines, shields, or even turrets."

"Those four groups are part of the backbone of our home systems defense," her attention was taken when she saw a large cruiser cross beneath the fighters. "Let's just hope we never have to mobilize them, but I fear that one of these days we may have to...." her voice trailed off, her opinion almost seemingly off-topic.

Ye'gor's ears twitched at being deemed correct. With the way the Netrunu'marol had attacked their training exercise, he figured it was quite likely the Shipmaster's fears were well warranted. "It is why we are here, Mah," the engineer absently articulated, "In the end, we have a Kingdom to defend whom has enemies that are well resourced."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back