• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: SNV Gam'trosha [Chapter 3.1] Going Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

Insane Story Writer Foxy
Inactive Member
One day after leaving home system

An electrical flash illuminated space, followed seconds later by bolts of lightning that seemed to appear out of nowhere as the NSV-Gam'trosha appeared out of fold-space. The ship's engines hummed as it entered the edge of the Jui'varen star system, one of several systems that had only just recently been discovered but had yet to be explored.

The system was alit by two stars, one orange and another blue, both of which orbited one another. Beyond it, sensors would pick up eight planets and one asteroid belt, the belt was between them and two planets that were tagged in the database as being possible locations for a colony. Long range sensors would already pick up some activity, but this came in the form of exploratory probes and some Youth Corp scout ships that were leisurely idealing just a few Kilometers from the eighth planet.

Flanking the Gam'trosha was the rest of its squadron, five She'tan'ora class vessels in total although there were two additional attached - those were supply ships that had joined the squadron while it was en-route to the system.

Bridge

The bridge seemed peaceful right now, although an FTL warning was issued alerting the ships crew that they had arrived at their destination. Sa'kira stood near her command chair and had several holographic viewscreens that surrounded her, she wondered just what they would find here... what kind of stuff they might explore.

Ship-wide

A general alarm went out, alerting any of the crew that had been asleep that the ship had arrived and that they were needed at their stations. In the cafeteria, the group of U'renese that had been found earlier were curled up near a heater, all fast asleep right now.

Engineering

A number of diagnostic windows appeared, showing the current status of the ships FTL engines and temperature levels.

Bridge

Def'leor looked at the view screen briefly as they emerged from FTL. She then turned her attention to her IDT. Confirming their location within the system, and what was going on with in it. 'Not the first but at least we are finally in an unexplored system. That is a start.' she thought.

She opened the intercom. "All sections report your status. Secure FTL engines. Scienee team commence scan of planets." she sent, then turned to Sa'kira. "We exited the system at our desired coordinates."

Last edited:
Bridge

Vladi'mir looks around and smiles "this system look really nice" his tail wags happily "but dangerous as well, can't forget that" he goes back to his console and starts typing again, just checking over all the systems and smiles brighter.

He looks over the others and grins "seems like this will be very fun" he starts to laugh to himself then gets back to his console.

Zu'Rel

He rolled his eyes at the comments from the rest of the crew as they dropped out of FTL. He was more concerned trying to get the sensor readings back to his console. primarily ones taken during the trip. Zu'rel was concerned that there might have been a a ship following them. Not that he was sure of it or that there was any obvious evidence for it, no he was suspicious because... Well because it was his job to be.

Bard'iel

"OOOHHH MYY!! IT's Beautiful!" Much to her brother's ire, Bard'iel cried out. And it was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. Since she never took a seat, because she wasn't sure which would have been hers, she was still standing next to the Ship-mistress's chair. "

Ohhh.... It's sooo blue..." With out thinking she made her way tot the front of the bridge trying to get closer to the screen, and therefor the universe that was now open to her beyond it. She was so glad her number came up to be shipped out. with a twist of her head she looked back at her brother, who was still glued to his console. 'Well he never did have an eye for things out side that danged box.'

Engineering

Ye'gor let his breath out as if he had been holding it he whole time they were in FTL. As the windows popped up, he made his way over and started checking the various levels and gauges.

"Looks like the fields collapsed properly," he began in his dull voice, "A little noise in the drive logs, might need to take a closer look at that to see if we should run a few simulation tests. Temperature's a little high, though not alarm level - probably should look at the cooling system.

"What do you think, X'Muyeia?"

The young Laibe looked back at the Chief Engineer to see what her analysis would be.

Armoury

"Turrets green, no undue stress on external frames" Lato transmitted to the bridge. "The port side lower turret is showing some small power fluctuations but everything is within acceptable bounds. Capacitors are fully charged and ready for fire on contact. Fire control systems are functioning at full capacity. one of the external sensors seems to have been knocked slightly out of alignment, its nothing to be worried about. Recalibrating now."

Lato brought up the fire control code adjusting the parameters to account for the change to external sensors.

"Overall status, weapons are a-ok."

The Laibe continued to monitor the weapons systems. Sometimes errors didn't appear immediately. Once they got underway on conventional drives any latent issues were likely to manifest due to the acceleration effect.

Bridge

Sa'kira smiled at the excitement displayed by their advisor, but her attention changed when she noticed the youth ships on the ships long range sensors. "Just those youth ships please, I would like to know what they are doing this system," she then turned her attention toward Vladi'mir. "Begin long range pulse scan, I want to ensure that other than the Youth ships we are the only other ones in this system."

Engineering

"Engines running hot after a jump is common," said Quin as she floated down from the top of the room and landed in front of a terminal. "Plus things getting rattled and thrown out of alignment...." her voice trailed off as she spoke, then stopped and looked at those there. "Still though, best not risk it. Go ahead and examine the coolant system and make sure all of its valves are open and providing proper cooling to the reactor and its FTL core."

Armory

Things had naturally shifted in the armory, a few crates moved from their original positions but otherwise the armory seemed ok.. with the exception of some weapons that had been tossed from their resting place and were now on the ground.

Bridge

Def'leor was curious what a bunch of Kits was doing out here in an unexplored system. So she opened a channel to the ships, "This is the NSV Gam'trosha [URL='https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=neshaten:u_cetrinal']U'Cetrinal Sa'kira Yuna'me [/URL]commanding to Youth Ships in orbit near the eighth planet in this system. Please identify yourselves, and your orders." She ended the transmission and waited for a reply.

Bridge

It took several seconds for there to be a response, and the response came in two forms. The first was Def'leors IDT showing the group of starfighters coming about and moving toward the Gam'trosha on a parelle course, not exactly 'toward' it but the fighters would by flying by it after roughly thirty minutes. The second was in the form of a transmission which appeared on the main view screen, this image showed a young girl in her flight suit, she appeared to be paying more attention to her controls though and wasn't looking straight forward.

"N'Marida Es'shena Jyehe here," said the pilot as she turned her head toward the 'camera' in her cockpit. "My apologies if my flight startled you, I thought the Corp would've informed everyone but I guess not. My flight is responsible for search and rescue operations outside of the Home system." She stopped speaking, glancing out of her cockpit toward the last planet in the system.

Sa'kira was curious exactly 'what' they were searching for, but instead of asking herself, she wanted to see what her XO would do - after all - she was grooming the soldier.

bridge

Vladi'mir nods and gets to work quickly to initialize the scan "yes mah" soon after the long range pulse scan was checking the system, he looks over the at the screen and listens to N'Marida Es'shena Jyehe while looking at the scan results waiting for the information to be read, so he could see if any other ships where here.

Armoury

Having completed his report Lato began to clean up the parts of the armoury that had been disturbed.

'This place should at least come with some way of properly securing the cargo'
he thought as he made his way over to an ammo crate that had ended up tilted spilling a couple of hundred rounds across the deck. Whistling a haunting song the Laibe sorted through the mess returning everything to its proper place.

It was then that he noticed a few crates with ammunition for non standard equipment. Tossing a tank shell in a nearby storage bin he began to inspect the as of yet unseen crates. There was no weapon on board that could possibly use this stuff. Hell some of it he'd never come across before.

He opened a channel to the bridge, to the captains station.

"Mah? We seem to have several crates of exotic ammunition here that fits no currently stocked weapon. Is this intentional?" he asked. "If so would you like me to see about acquiring the relevant hardware next time we are at the docks? Some of the stuff is so different from anything that I've used before I'm not even sure what weapons platform it is used for."

He panned the image pickup to show each of the different types of ammunition in turn.

Bridge

"N'Marida Es'shena Jyehe, that still does not explain what you are doing here. Who are you supposed to be Searching and Rescuing? We are here to conduct the exploration and survey before our colony ship's arrive. So it is highly unlikely that there are any Neshaten Navy personnel missing in this system needing rescuing."

Engineering

"That is simple thermodynamics: more power, more heat," Ye'gor offered, "I meant compared to how hot it should be right after FTL, or I did not get the proper specs for the upgrade. Not saying it is anywhere near as bad as flying with a flawed crystal; but I will check the coolant system all the same."

The Laibe kit then moved to locate some tools prior to investigating the valves and pipes. He then, with the implements he was after, kicked himself off towards a cool area near the valves.

Bridge

There was an audible sigh that came from the N'Marida, but it wasn't because of Def'leor, but rather due to some chatter going on in the background which she had turned her attention to briefly. "My apologies, I wanted to make certain that you 'are' who you are reported to be, with the amount of security breaches we've had... can never be to careful..." the soldiers voice trailed off. "Our mission in this sector is to track down the where-abouts of one of our missing officers, this is one of the systems he reportedly came to before he stopped reporting in. We believe he is somewhere in this system, but have been unable to isolate any type of a distress beacon or anything that could point to his general location..."

As the officer spoke, Sa'kira's attention was taken by the private audio message from Latos. The Shipmistress listened and brought up the ships stores, sure enough there was some exotic ammunition stored on the ship but nothing that it matched; it took her a moment before she realized what they were intended for. "C'bar, that ammunition is intended for a new type of tank that we'll be getting later on, the ammunition was already cleared by command by the tank itself is currently going through final prototyping stages before being fully issued. Please ensure the crate is secured, I don't want that ammo to disappear on us."

Vladi'mirs terminal chimmed as a series of results began to appear; there was a metallic signature orbiting the second planet; along with a very weak signal coming from the third planet.

Engineering

"Geez if we ever flew with a flawed or detective crystal the Ship-mistress would skin our hides...." Quin thought aloud as she pulled up another display. "hmmm... picking up a power drain in the sensors suite, can someone check that please?" she asked, glancing at the other engineers who weren't indisposed of.

Bridge

Something about the situation felt off to Def'leor. The Kit was only mentioning an Officer, but had not yet mentioned the name of said officer. Nor had she stated what kind of ship, or what the crew compliment was.

Via her IDT she Vladi'mir a message.

C'Baruce Vladi'mir
Run a query, and if necessary send back to command. I want information on what ship was out here and got lost. Commander, crew, mission etc. And I want it as soon as possible.
A'Fuereb Vai'ant

Reopening her channel to N'Marida "We have a full squadron of She'tanora Class ships with us. If you could provide us some more information, like the name of the ship, crew, and this officer. She may be willing to have some of our vessels assist you." she transmitted.

Armoury

Stepping back infront of the video pickup Lato saluted.

"Eto'ga okonawa delano Shipmistress." (It will be done Shipmistress) he stated simply and closed the connection.

'Experimental tanks? Heh, once thoseclear testing im going to have a lot of work on my hands. Experimental stuff breaks too damn easy. Oh well.'

For now the Laibe secured the shells within one of the vast weapons lockers and set a secure code. The holographic display on the front of the locker changed to display 'Tank Shells (E Class)'. Finished with his current duties in the armoury Lato headed down towards the cargo bay to take a look at the light tanks while he had a free moment.

'Ahh, These have decent stopping power.' thought the Engineer with a feral grin.

Bridge

Vladi'mir looks at both of the signals with interest, listening to the others while he tried to work out what each one was, he mutters to himself "this one on the third planet might be our missing man" he thought it was better not to say it out loud while they weren't alone"Mah, picking up a large metal thing orbiting the second planet".

He starts typing on his console to find out about this officer and their mission, while he was doing this he sent the shipmistress and XO a message
Code:
Mah,
there appears to be a weak signal on the third planet, i think its the missing ship and officer, but untill we find out more about this 'find and rescue' mission we keep this to ourselves, the thing orbiting the second planet is interesting, but untill we know, let stay away from it.
Vladi'mir

Ay'indri soon arrived on the bridge, rolling down one of the sleeves to her uniform. She'd been in the infirmary, receiving her weekly gene therapy injection when the alarm had gone out. While normally she would have sat, rested and waited for the side-effects to diminish, the kit had instead made for the bridge. Face flush; her skin positively aglow the C'Baruce's sensitive ears twitched upon catching mentions of the missing officer.

Her tail swayed with conveyed indifference, but deep down her curiosity had been pique'd. Stopping beside Sa'kira's command post, the Seeker rubbed gingerly at where she had, had the injection. Despite being relatively painless at first after a while soreness would set in, in addition to the facial flushing and glow. Bending forward slightly, voice pitched low for Sa'kira to only hear. "U'Cetrinal, is there something I can be of assistance with regarding this situation?"

Bridge

Def'leor looked at the sensor data. It was possible that one of those detections were possibly the person in question. But they still did not know who was supposedly lost here. She was reluctant to suggest sending a ship to investigate without more data.

N.S.V. GAM'TROSHA
DECK 03- ENGINEERING BAY (FIRST LEVEL)

"I'll check it out, Xeui." Keri said softly, then sighed. The young kit gave the display that the chief engineer had pulled up a quick once-over with his inquisitive blue-green eyes. "Hmm... looks like the drain is originating from from the forward subspace mass sensor."

That was a relief; after his last experience EVA, the young kit didn't particularly want to suite up and physically check the portions of the forward array that were mounted on the ships external hull -- fortunately, because the mass sensor used subspace as a medium to detect the variations in the Higgs field caused by large concentrations of mass in normal space, the sensor itself didn't need to be mounted on the external hull like most sensor systems; it could perform its job equally as well within the hull itself.

Keri shifted his body and glided weightlessly toward one of the engineering kit lockers. He opened it, grabbed holt of one of the kits and began to make his way across deck 03 to the front of the Gam'trosha, where the sensor system in question lay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back